My New Code Experience

legalslave

<font color=purple>Keep the board going for me whi
Okay. I had a reservation at Pop Century for three adults December 5-12, 2005 through AAA. At first I thought my dates weren't eligible (blackout time) so I didn't do anything. Then I saw people on this board were getting the special rate for those dates, so I decided to try. I emailed my AAA agent on Friday and yesterday and got no reply. I went online and put in Pop Century - no availability, but Caribbean Beach came up available with the code. Still didn't hear from TA. Today I went online and Pop was available! Emailed TA - still didn't hear, so I figured he must be out sick or something. I called the agency and was told he was on vacation until October 10. I told the woman what I had found and she agreed to call Disney to get it. She called back and said that Disney said my dates were no eligible and he didn't know how I was getting it online, and that if I went all the way to making payment it wouldn't work. To make a long story a little shorter, I went online and booked it myself (it let me do it) and saved another $192 over what I would have saved using AAA (for a total over rack rate of over $350!!!. The moral is, don't take no for an answer and keep trying!!

I have also noticed that online allows alot of blackout dates. I, too, went all the way to the end just to see if it would work and it does. Not really sure why the online reservation allows it. I honestly think it's a glitch that WDW will fix eventually. But, I'm certainly glad about it. :cloud9:

I was worried about them fixing the glitch, too, and charging me more, so I made final payment to lock in my rate.

I'm not sure it's an online glitch. I got a rate online for CSR for 1756 for 12/8 -12/13. Two of those days are in the blackout period. My AAA TA quoted me exactly the same amount for the same trip. I also checked a five night period with no black out dates and got $1756 again.

I don't know why the blackout dates didn't affect the price, but I went for it and booked online. :banana:

Maybe the blackout dates are really only for the values - the POP Warner group is taking a lot of rooms at the values, so there may not be much availability there for that week anyway. Could be there are still lots of empty rooms at the Mod and Deluxe Resorts. J

Just a theory - it's more likely to be a web site glitch, though.

Best wishes-

Hi, my trip is November 20-28. Some of my days were included in the new special and some were not. When I investigated it with my TA she said all my days would be included because it ran through the special dates. I was so excited! I saved 62.00 over the AAA price and 267.12 off rack rates! Yahoo... :banana:

So in other words, it's possible to get code rates off the AAA rates? Like a double discount?

I checked the exact blackout period 12/4-12/10 and the rates came up, no problem. I even called and confirmed with CRO and got the dicounted rates.

PIRATEGIRL007 said:
I checked the exact blackout period 12/4-12/10 and the rates came up, no problem. I even called and confirmed with CRO and got the dicounted rates.
Me Too. We're there through 12/7 and we also got the coded rates throughout the entire stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter