my national rate went waayyy down!!

sheri236

Mouseketeer
just a "heads up" for anyone renting in sept/oct. my standard suv went from $255 to $167 for 8 days, sept 27-oct 5!! i used the aaa code 6100253 and the coupon code nd2119071q. now i don't have to worry about using the questionable 67 code--that rate was $191!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Thanks so much for posting this! As if my rate wasn't great enough - it just went down another $15!! I am now paying $136 for an 8 day rental of a minivan with Emerald Reserve!:cool1: :banana: :woohoo:

I just signed on to post the same thing. I have an Emerald Aisle (intermediate) for a week starting Sept 25 for $85 all in!!!!! $30 coupon and AAA code.

I got the same rate using the Emerald Club rate code.

Certainly if you book a AAA rate you should bring your card. Not worth risking a walk up rate without a card.

If you're not a member, and don't want to pay to join, there are other rates available.

http://www.continental.com/web/en-us/content/onepass/earn/car.aspx

Scan down to the national link. You can join Continental's FF program for free. Join, use the code, and you still have a great deal.

just a "heads up" for anyone renting in sept/oct. my standard suv went from $255 to $167 for 8 days, sept 27-oct 5!! i used the aaa code 6100253 and the coupon code nd2119071q. now i don't have to worry about using the questionable 67 code--that rate was $191!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

where did you get the AAA code.

Just got a minivan with these codes 10 days total $207.00 :cool1: I just keeps getting better. Used AAA code with the coupon on National's web site

Thanks for posting!! :worship: I just found a rate of $82.61 for 5 nts, Sept. 27-Oct 1, with EI's Executive Selection. :woohoo:
My current ressie was for Alamo for about $80 for a mid size. National doesn't offer Rapid Reward credits on SWA but it's such a great deal, I can't pass it up!
Thanks again!!:goodvibes

I just got a full size from 11/21 - 11/28 for $130 tax included. I signed onto my emerald account and used the $30 coupon from the website. Thanks for the heads up. I don't think that even the infamous 67 code could beat that. :banana:

My previous reservation using the same code and coupon was $213.

I checked my rates (also late Sept to early Oct), and they did not go down at all...I am bummed! I suspect this is because I am booking out of the Car Care Center. Do they ever drop for on-site? We are planning to use ME to get to the resort but need a car for a trip off site for a day or two during the week long trip. Right now the difference between getting a car at MCO for the week vs on-site is about $80 or so. Not sure at what point it makes more sense to just forget ME (which we really like) due the the savings.

My 10/18-24 is the same as last week with either 5007125 or the AAA code. $138, emerald aisle (+$3 if I use a frequent flyer #).

For those of you using the $30 coupon from the National site, don't forget about the $35 E-coupon that the OP used (ND2119071Q). It's an E-coupon and you don't have to present any paper copy of it. I have used it SEVERAL times. Just thought I would remind all of you, it's another $5 saved!!

For those of you using the $30 coupon from the National site, don't forget about the $35 E-coupon that the OP used (ND2119071Q). It's an E-coupon and you don't have to present any paper copy of it. I have used it SEVERAL times. Just thought I would remind all of you, it's another $5 saved!!

It wouldn't let me use it, I have less than 7 days (Saturday PM to Friday AM).

I don't understand why it is cheaper to book one week and one hour than to book 6 days or just 7 days. What if I book 7 days and one hour and then turn the car in a day early?

I couldn't use the OP's coupon either because of having a convertible rental. I did use the National site's $30 E-Coupon though, and with the AAA discount(I'm a member), on top of my Emerald Club, I managed to slash $50 off my cheapest Alamo ressie.

Thanks OP!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter