My most favorite thing to so will be a thing of the past?

DisneyTrippin

Earning My Ears
POC is my most favorite must do when I go to MK. I have done it for years.

I got an email from my sister stating that POC was closing down in 2006. Is this true?

nothing about it on allearsnet.com yet?? I won't believe it till someone credible reports it.

Somewhere on these boards it was stated that they are during a refurbishment and adding the pirate from the movie. :sunny:

Perhaps she was confusing it with Disneyland. POC is supposed to be down in March. Not sure for how long. It is being refurbished. When we were thinking of going to DL in March I was very dissapointed we wouldn't be able to ride this.

Closing POC would be like getting rid of DUMBO....just too much of a Disney icon to get rid of.....POC is there for a long run yet!!

When we were there in april and did the KTTK tour, our guide did tell us that they were going to make it more like the movies.

Yes, I read that somewhere, too. They are going to turn the pirate ship into the Black Pearl and add Capt. Jack Sparrow. Not sure how long it will be closed. :(

O my goodness, does anyone know if/when it will be down for rehab in January.
IMHO, it is such an incredible ride. I don't want to miss it when we are in Disney in January.
Thank you
Suzy V

I don't think they should make it more like the movie.. erhhh its always good to redo things and keep them looking perfect but i think the movie thing is a bad idea.. hopefully its not much of a change at all (which im sure it wont be)

POC is a classic. They just can't get rid of it. I heard the refurb story as well.

Now I wouldn't mind a meet and great with Capt. Jack :lovestruc , but I don't think Johnny Depp would be up for it. :teeth:

Probably only a rehab since POC:II is coming out in 2006.

My bet is a rehab for an in-park premiere of the second film, which opens in July.

Relief!!! I couldn't believe Disney would shut down such a signature attraction, but it seems as if they've closed or radically altered so many of my family's very favorite things - Mr. Toad, Journey into the Imagination, Horizons, World of Motion ... :sad1: I read a hint this week that Columbia Harbor House isn't using bread bowls for its clam chowder anymore - now if that's true, I'll never convince dh to go back!

Everything needs a bit of a rehab now and then. Let's all hope we recognize POTC when it's done. :)

Hope this rehab is done before our trip in August!!! :scared: This is my family's favorite ride in MK!!! DD will be so disapointed if she can't see the dog and jail scene!!! :sad2:

If I had to take one ride on a deserted island, POC would be the one. I have been enjoying since I first rode it in 1966.

I had a sick feeling when they said they were going to make a movie based on POC that it meant that they would be changing it, and sure enough, this is sadly the case. The ride shouldn't reflect the movie - it was intended to be the other way around! .

I remember being royally irritated when feminists forced changes that made POC more politically correct, and now they are caving, once again, to Hollywood. Mark my words, this ride will end up being too loud, and probably too scary for lots of kids, much the same way they fouled up the Tiki Room. BOOOOOO, to whomever made this very poor decision.

PIRATEGIRL007 said:
POC is a classic. They just can't get rid of it. I heard the refurb story as well.

Now I wouldn't mind a meet and great with Capt. Jack :lovestruc , but I don't think Johnny Depp would be up for it. :teeth:

I agree that would really nice! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter