My Mom just passed away

Margie J

<font color=navy>Please <font color=red>DON'T <fon
Dear DIS friends,

I got the call that everyone dreads yesterday. My cousin called me at work to tell me to "come home". I kind of knew that it was serious and meant that my Mom was either in critical condition or had passed on already. It was the later, unfortunately.

My Mom had been ill for many years and had the strength to come through so much, healthwise. Her Doctors found it amazing that she survived so much, things that would have ended the lives of others much sooner.

In the end she was alone, which bothers me so much. I had always assumed that the end would be in a hospital or under different circumstances. It sadly proves that we never know when or where our days will come to an end. We must all live our lives and enjoy what we can today and show those around you that you care, for you can never get time back.

Sending prayers and sympathy. I am sorry for your loss.

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss, Margie.

My mother and MIL had to deal with this before. My dad died at home alone and my MIL's mom died at home alone. They both feel kind of a guilt that they weren't there to do anything, but in the end I bet they prefer it over dying in a hospital. It's been over 3 years since my dad died and my mom always says that if only she had gotten to him sooner, if she had known CPR, or something she could've saved him, but I assure her that my dad would have rather died in his favorite chair than in a hospital bed. I'm sure your mom is in a much better place now and I hope that you won't have that guilt hanging over your head.

So very sorry, Margie, to hear of your mom's passing. :( You are so correct in your thoughts. Her tough days are behind her, only good ones ahead. A big {hug}, Margie, my condolences for you and all family members.

I lost my mom five years ago. We lost her suddenly. The one thing I can say to you is that the days do get easier but you never forget.

lots of hugs, Sharon

I am so sorry for your loss Margie. {{{hugs}}} for you.

Oh Margie, I'm so sorry for your loss. {{{HUGS}}} to you.

{{{{{hugs}}}}} to you, Margie. I am sorry for your loss.

But I agree with Princess_Aurora, she was probably happier being at home than in a hospital. (My dad died at home in his own bed after 3 months in the hospital and I have no regrets.)

Margie, I'm so sorry. {{{{{HUGS}}}}} :( :( :(

I heard a doctor say, when my great-grandmother passed away, that many people actually prefer dying alone and will, in fact, wait until all family/friends have left the room (he was referring to a hospital room, but I think any room holds true) to die. He said it's such a personal and private thing, many don't want anyone with them when it happens.

God hold your Mother in His gentle hand.

Margie, my thoughts and prayers go to you and your family. :( :(

My mom passed away about 10 years ago, mother's day. She was in the hospital and they did everything they could to keep her alive. I regret that more than anything. She suffered in the end because I couldn't tell my dad to let her go. I couldn't let her go. I wish it had been quiet and peaceful for her.

I am so sorry for your loss Margie...my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I am sure she is in a better place and her days of discomfort are over. Big hugs sweetie :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter