My mom is flipping out... UPDATE - We're baaaaack!

I like the start of your trip report. The Fort is one of the safest places to be. I agree about setting up the tent first. I would also add spray WATER PROOFING on it. New tents aren't water proof. Either that or bring a tarp to cover over the tent. Enjoy your trip.

Oh by the way, YES, waterproof the tent before taking it to the Fort!!

I do this about every 6-9 months on my tents when I was using them frequently!!

Can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip!!!

Well, Howdy Friends!

We're back, safe & sound, none the worse for wear - unless you count the sand we're still brushing off everything or the bug bites DD19 is bathing in anti-itch lotion!

I don't have a lot of time today and will update in detail later but wanted to stop by and tell you all we had an awesome time!

We picked our collie up from two weeks at the vet's new boarding facility Wednesday only to discover that they gave her kennel cough so, between DD19's new job, the vet, plus a CAT scan and other appts for DH, it's been a crazy few days.

DD19 and the BF decided at the last minute to stay on with us. He loved the golf cart and was scheming to make one his own when he left. She had a stand-off with what she describes as a "large and stubborn armadillo who wasn't happy with the attention he was already getting by making us late to meet you so rolled up into a ball to get even more, then came back and scratched at the tent to keep me up all night" :lmao:

I'll leave you temporarily with the words of the youngest princess (DD8) though - uttered as we walked toward the beach after setting up the tent -
"Fort Wilderness is a dream come true..."

muwahaha... Take that Mom! :thumbsup2

TOO FUNNY!!!! You'll have to let your mom know you are going to make this an annual event. :banana::banana: Knew you would have a great time as there are many moms and kids only in tents in loop 2000. Often times DH can't make it over until Friday night, so the rest of the family starts early. They do just fine.

Geez, I was truly blessed with folks who WANTED to go to WDW. Any time they heard one of the family was at the Fort they just wanted to know what they could bring for food and when was cocktail hour. I miss them dearly. But they instilled in us to enjoy EVERY day and if something goes wrong with one plan, bring on plan B, or C or D. So many wonderful memories of WDW!!!!

So, :lmao: on your mom and dad. If they want to miss a "dream come true", oh well.

So where's the TR???? And when's the next trip? :thumbsup2

First, hope your DH is well.

We are thinking of tenting it in Oct. Can't wait for your TR to continue and am begging for pictures! :flower3:

She had a stand-off with what she describes as a "large and stubborn armadillo who wasn't happy with the attention he was already getting by making us late to meet you so rolled up into a ball to get even more, then came back and scratched at the tent to keep me up all night"

Sounds like you met Barry! He delighted in tormenting one of our dogs last December - staying just far enough out of reach to make her little head spin. :rotfl2:

I'll leave you temporarily with the words of the youngest princess (DD8) though - uttered as we walked toward the beach after setting up the tent -
"Fort Wilderness is a dream come true..."

muwahaha... Take that Mom! :thumbsup2

So great!!! Can't wait to read your full trip report. :goodvibes

Just checking in, I haven't forgotten you guys... the collie had to be hospitalized today - she's developed pnuemonia from the kennel cough she picked up at the vet's. The DDs and I are worried sick and have been crying all afternoon. I'm not feeling too funny right now - in fact, I'm wishing that we'd never gone at all after seeing how sick our pup is.

Of course mom pointed out that she knew the dog could get sick, and wondered why I'd leave her at the vet's kennel and go anyway, but I wouldn't have listened to her so she didn't say anything.
You know of course, if true, that certainly would have been a first...:rolleyes1

Here's a pray for your pup that he/she will be just fine. So how come mom didn't offer to keep pup with her?????? Just a thought.

Thanks so much, we've done a lot of crying and praying and it's only been a few hours.

FlaFortCampster... You must be thinking of the wrong parents b/c that sure wouldn't be mine... they wouldn't even watch DD8's parakeet!

Oh heavens... I am in a resentful mood today. I've edited b/c parents weren't created to pet-sit...

Lots of good thoughts coming your way for a speedy recovery for your pup. :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter