My Mission: DL for 5 days with a carry on ONLY...!

disneyscootergal

Have you all got anmesia?? He never got out of the
I did this 2 years ago, with LOTS of help from you all, and now I want to do it again, but can I please ask for help?? I know everything has to go in a quart sized ziplock, and is it a 2-oz maximum size for everything? How does one take deoderant? Hairspray? Shaving cream? And would nail clippers be banned for their sharp edges? Am I forgetting anything?

Oh, also, I had purchased a carry on for my trip 2 years ago, and had no problems with it; but now they have these little dimension tester frames that you are supposed to be able to fit your bag inside, and I took mine up to the airport yesterday to test it (yes, I'm anal!!), and it's just a hair too wide to fit inside the little frame...so I'd better not use it this time...? I'm flying Allegiant, and I did not purchase the priority boarding; how picky are they about the size of your carry on? I don't want to get there, check in, step onto the plane, and have them say, Nope, won't fit, you'll have to pay the $25 fee EACH WAY to check your little teeny tiny bag that you worked so hard to cram everything into so that you WOULDN'T HAVE TO PAY THE FEE!!
:rotfl:

Thanks in advance for your help, everyone!!:goodvibes

Each item has to be 3 oz or less. I'm not familiar with Allegiant airline so I'm not sure how particular they are on the carryon size on the place. If it's only slightly bigger then it shouldn't be a problem. Also most airlines when they run out of space will check in those carry on pieces that won't fit, for free. Nail clippers should be fine. I don't put deodorant in the bag because the one I use is a stick. I don't use hairspray or shaving cream (just water for me) so someone else will need to answer that part.

Steph

Each item has to be 3 oz or less. I'm not familiar with Allegiant airline so I'm not sure how particular they are on the carryon size on the place. If it's only slightly bigger then it shouldn't be a problem. Also most airlines when they run out of space will check in those carry on pieces that won't fit, for free. Nail clippers should be fine. I don't put deodorant in the bag because the one I use is a stick. I don't use hairspray or shaving cream (just water for me) so someone else will need to answer that part.

Steph

Thanks for the help! Especially the part about stick deodorant...I wasn't even thinking!:thumbsup2

How does one take deoderant? Hairspray? Shaving cream? And would nail clippers be banned for their sharp edges? Am I forgetting anything?
yuo can get samples at walmart under 3 ozs :) I did and all is well

Now for allegiant air, Im also flying out with them, now you got me scared :scared1: what was the exact length and width of your bag? I do not have allegiant air here I have to drive 110 miles to get to it! I want to be sure now before Im charged :scared1:

we are all doing carry ons, but one suit case is already paid for to go with them in cargo, but I decided no to send any thru as I hate waiting for them to come out. but if I have to use it I will., its non refundable so no money back.
I did have priority seating and selected seats Im now very happy with, we are the first on the plane and first to pick out a spot for carry on!:woohoo: we booked months ago when they started the service to LAX.
I went to the dollar store and got a kit that had all 3 ox bottles, I put my own shampoo, conditioner and loations in them, also sun tan lotion . for only a buck!
packed 5 outfits, `1 pair of crocs, 7 undies, bras and socks and Im fine, I will wear the outfit I am going down in, and the last days out fit traveling home in. all my stuff fit well.

Steph

you can not carry deoderant in your luggage ? ( carry on)

I think Stephanie meant that she doesn't put the deodorant in the see-through quart-sized ziplock bag since it is not a liquid.

I just got back from a trip where I just took a carry-on, and I did not put my stick deodorant in the ziplock bag.

I think Stephanie meant that she doesn't put the deodorant in the see-through quart-sized ziplock bag since it is not a liquid.

I just got back from a trip where I just took a carry-on, and I did not put my stick deodorant in the ziplock bag.

::yes::Thanks that's what I meant.

steph

Deoderant is perfectly fine left in your bag :)

I am trying the same thing, sort of. I asked the flight attendant on our last flight if my bag was fine as carry on and she barely glanced and said it was fine. Didn't use the wire racks to measure, but those are not new. They have used them for quite some time and I have seen someone about to board be asked to stick their bag in it right by the gate. if the bag is questionable just be prepared to check it. Otherwise try to get something smaller.

I did this 2 years ago, with LOTS of help from you all, and now I want to do it again, but can I please ask for help?? I know everything has to go in a quart sized ziplock, and is it a 2-oz maximum size for everything? How does one take deoderant? Hairspray? Shaving cream? And would nail clippers be banned for their sharp edges? Am I forgetting anything?

Oh, also, I had purchased a carry on for my trip 2 years ago, and had no problems with it; but now they have these little dimension tester frames that you are supposed to be able to fit your bag inside, and I took mine up to the airport yesterday to test it (yes, I'm anal!!), and it's just a hair too wide to fit inside the little frame...so I'd better not use it this time...? I'm flying Allegiant, and I did not purchase the priority boarding; how picky are they about the size of your carry on? I don't want to get there, check in, step onto the plane, and have them say, Nope, won't fit, you'll have to pay the $25 fee EACH WAY to check your little teeny tiny bag that you worked so hard to cram everything into so that you WOULDN'T HAVE TO PAY THE FEE!!
:rotfl:

Thanks in advance for your help, everyone!!:goodvibes

Are you renting a car and driving from the airport to your hotel? Why don't you just buy what you need at target once you get there, or go to the 99c store, then you don't need to stress over sizes and you pack less? If you go on the TSA website, it should tell you what size bag is CCO.

I went on a 7 day cruise with only my carry on!
I did have to send a pairs of capris to be washed half way through the curise becaus I spilt dinner on them :sad2:
But it can be done.
Jen

I went to the dollar store and got a kit that had all 3 ox bottles, I put my own shampoo, conditioner and loations in them, also sun tan lotion . for only a buck!

Last time I flew (which was probably a year and a half ago I thought that you could not do this. I thought all the items had to be in their original bottles, but maybe that has changed since then or some airlines are different. I also know that it cannot be a 6oz bottle that is half empty.

Don't forget your hotel should have shampoo and conditioner on the bathroom counter in your room, and I second a PP's idea to just buy small stuff once you get to Anaheim if you can take a taxi or ART to a grocery store or Wal-Mart/Target.

Last time I flew (which was probably a year and a half ago I thought that you could not do this. I thought all the items had to be in their original bottles, but maybe that has changed since then or some airlines are different. I also know that it cannot be a 6oz bottle that is half empty.

Don't forget your hotel should have shampoo and conditioner on the bathroom counter in your room, and I second a PP's idea to just buy small stuff once you get to Anaheim if you can take a taxi or ART to a grocery store or Wal-Mart/Target.

when we went to WDW last year we took all our liquids in these bottles, can you help me as to where it says they have to be in there own containers? I would like to know before I have to throw them out at the airport . :)

when we went to WDW last year we took all our liquids in these bottles, can you help me as to where it says they have to be in there own containers? I would like to know before I have to throw them out at the airport . :)

If you have flown with them before, then you should be fine. Like I said, it has been awhile since I have flown and at that time, with whatever airline I was on (American maybe? I'm not 100% sure), the liquids could not be in small unlabeled bottles. They had to be the original bottles. Don't ask me why, because someone could have easily put something into one of those bottles that was not the original product. I remember thinking that this whole thing was flawed..... :scared:

I am sure that each airline is different and restrictions change as security levels and threats change. Whatever airline you are traveling just check their website for their guidelines on liquids and follow their rules and you should be fine. :thumbsup2

It's not a decision made by the airlines it's by TSA. Here's a link for all of the information you'll need: http://www.tsa.gov/311/index.shtm

steph
no where does it say original bottles :)

Make Your Trip Better Using 3-1-1

3-1-1 for carry-ons = 3.4 ounce bottle or less (by volume) ; 1 quart-sized, clear, plastic, zip-top bag; 1 bag per passenger placed in screening bin. One-quart bag per person limits the total liquid volume each traveler can bring. 3.4 oz. container size is a security measure.

Consolidate bottles into one bag and X-ray separately to speed screening.

Be prepared. Each time TSA searches a carry-on it slows down the line. Practicing 3-1-1 will ensure a faster and easier checkpoint experience.

3-1-1 is for short trips. If in doubt, put your liquids in checked luggage.

Declare larger liquids. Medications, baby formula and food, and breast milk are allowed in reasonable quantities exceeding three ounces and are not required to be in the zip-top bag. Declare these items for inspection at the checkpoint.

Come early and be patient. Heavy travel volumes and the enhanced security process may mean longer lines at security checkpoints.

TSA working with our partners. TSA works with airlines and airports to anticipate peak traffic and be ready for the traveling public.

She's absolutely right. It has nothing to do with the airline itself. And it does not need to be in a travel container with a label or anything. Don't worry. You'll be fine :)

yuo can get samples at walmart under 3 ozs :) I did and all is well

Now for allegiant air, Im also flying out with them, now you got me scared :scared1: what was the exact length and width of your bag? I do not have allegiant air here I have to drive 110 miles to get to it! I want to be sure now before Im charged :scared1:

The bag in question is 14 & 3/8 inches wide at the very widest spot (the frame for the wheels); the bag itself is only 21" tall, but when you add in the handles at the top and the bottom, it's more like 23 & 1/2"; and it's just about exactly 9" deep. So you see, it just depends on how closely they check, and how picky they are. :confused:

Im sure you will be fine, mine is that also and I have never been told its to big.

What about an empty spray bottle? Is that allowed? I want to take it to spray my wrinkled clothes and hang them up to flatten them out...will I be able to do that, or do I have to buy a spray bottle when I get there? I suppose the Hojo gift shop would have a spray bottle...?:confused:

Im sure you will be fine, mine is that also and I have never been told its to big.

I'm sure you're right about the other airlines you've flown with, but didn't you say that you hadn't flown with Allegiant before? And you paid for the priority seating allowing you to stow your carry on before anyone else, but I didn't, so that's my concern...I think I'm going to look for a smaller bag, just to be safe...I do NOT want to pay to check my bag.:scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter