My MIL got us....

There's always one that has to POSSIBLY blame the OP or make excuses for rude behavior, isn't there? :rolleyes:

OP, if MIL is on Facebook, I'd be sure it share her email on her wall so all her "friends" can see what a true gem she is.

Tara, I'd send your MIL a photo of your kids and tell her to feel free to Photoshop herself and ex-husband in. ;)

Oh yes, this would be quite helpful. :rolleyes:

OP, if your MIL is truly this evil and mean, then you should seriously consider getting her OUT of your life. Why would you let someone like this remain a part of your life?

So for Christmas, my MIL sent us...

DH - a lovely email about how much she loves him and that him, his brother and sister are her world.

Me - an email about how it's way past cleaning time for our (mine and DH's) bathroom & bedroom, and how I "can't live in a place without cleaning up after yourself." She also called my mother to tell her if she was going to get me a christmas present, that it shouldn't be clothing because I can't keep up with the laundry I have.

Merry Christmas to meee! :rolleyes:

My mother in law was similar to yours only it wasn't just me who wasn't good enough it was our son as well. :sad2: At least we are in good company because I am sure there are many more like our MIL's. ;)

I am no saint (ask my kids), but definitely afraid of karma. Besides, when my mom was dying and I was in the midwest while she was on the west coast, many people came around helped me out, so I guess I owed a few favors.

MIL cracked me up....after I had to put her in the nursing home because she was nonambulatory, she told the attorney one day that she was 29, had her son when she was 39, had lived in the nursing home for over 50 years- and had no problem with it. She stole rubber gloves from the nurses and wore them around, hoarded food from the dining room in her purse (which the nurses would have to confiscate while she slept) and was always in everybody's business even though she had NO idea who they were or what they were doing. She greeted strangers like life-long friends and family members like they were aliens. And her random sayings cracked me up- when we told her my DH had died (her only child), she looked me straight in the eyes, serious as could be and said "let's have a party". Somehow, in all that tragedy, that was really funny. Kinda made up for the horrible years, although she gave me plenty of good stories from those times, too.

I always figured life gave you 2 choices- to laugh or cry. My family is a little absurd, and we laugh about things. I am thankful that my children will not have to worry about paying for college because of the funds she has left them (me, no financial rewards, but I have one ugly antique settee!). Besides, I figure that she has some significant time to spend in purgagtory- and I hope that she gets to hang out with "liberal, communist-like do-gooders" that she hated so much when she was alive. Who knows, she might even be stuck sitting next to a Kennedy for eternity!!!!!! In the mean time I will try and stay on the straight and narrow, avoid politics, and hopefully avoid any kind of political purgatory. I figure that mine will come in the form of a room full of junior high girls-the one age group that sends me over the edge.

I am no saint (ask my kids), but definitely afraid of karma. Besides, when my mom was dying and I was in the midwest while she was on the west coast, many people came around helped me out, so I guess I owed a few favors.

MIL cracked me up....after I had to put her in the nursing home because she was nonambulatory, she told the attorney one day that she was 29, had her son when she was 39, had lived in the nursing home for over 50 years- and had no problem with it. She stole rubber gloves from the nurses and wore them around, hoarded food from the dining room in her purse (which the nurses would have to confiscate while she slept) and was always in everybody's business even though she had NO idea who they were or what they were doing. She greeted strangers like life-long friends and family members like they were aliens. And her random sayings cracked me up- when we told her my DH had died (her only child), she looked me straight in the eyes, serious as could be and said "let's have a party". Somehow, in all that tragedy, that was really funny. Kinda made up for the horrible years, although she gave me plenty of good stories from those times, too.

I always figured life gave you 2 choices- to laugh or cry. My family is a little absurd, and we laugh about things. I am thankful that my children will not have to worry about paying for college because of the funds she has left them (me, no financial rewards, but I have one ugly antique settee!). Besides, I figure that she has some significant time to spend in purgagtory- and I hope that she gets to hang out with "liberal, communist-like do-gooders" that she hated so much when she was alive. Who knows, she might even be stuck sitting next to a Kennedy for eternity!!!!!! In the mean time I will try and stay on the straight and narrow, avoid politics, and hopefully avoid any kind of political purgatory. I figure that mine will come in the form of a room full of junior high girls-the one age group that sends me over the edge.

I love your sense of humor and agree with laughing instead of crying.

Sadly, I think I will be stuck with you in that room of jr high girls. :sad1: Till today I thought I had no fear of death but thanks to you I now do. :lmao:

I would soooo be tempted to put her email addy on lists for some interesting products and services....

:rolleyes1

Val, I really, truly believe that you need to write a book about this! What an incredible story with a great ending message. I seriously think it would be a best seller.

I am sorry, but that made me laugh so hard. I can't wait to hear your mother's response to her.

same here! OP, not sure it was all that amusing to you, but it did make me laugh out loud .. I'd be telling her that I couldn't wait for her gift of maid service to arrive!

I can't be the only one that really wants you to print the other emails from the special folder, can I?

:thumbsup2

She sounds horrible

I have a new DIL-to-be and i will always treat her like a queen-thats how My MIL was and i love her for it:thumbsup2

I HAVE to laugh out loud. She pushes my buttons because she WANTS me to be angry, and to cause friction between myself & DH. I will not let her win, so I laugh (and laugh and laugh and laugh til I almost wet myself!!) She used to get to me - her hurtful comments & actions used to really upset me. Until the year she gave me a DNA test kit for my birthday. "To test my kids because she wasn't sure they belonged to DH and he was spending too much money on them - when he should have been spending the money on her." Her exact words. :rotfl2:

Princepessa1284 - I hope you're able to laugh at your MIL too. Don't let her win at her own game. Others around her see what a wack-a-doodle she really is!

Yikes Tara! Your MIL has some nerve to even suggest such a thing as a DNA test, let alone give it to you as a birthday "gift" :scared1:. I'm glad you can laugh at her dramatics, I'm afraid her nuttiness would get to me after awhile.

Val, I really, truly believe that you need to write a book about this! What an incredible story with a great ending message. I seriously think it would be a best seller.

Seriously, you should! You really are a saint. Though, I'm sure it was much easier when she wasn't being nasty to YOU anymore :lmao:

Tara - my MIL will be a very, VERY lucky woman if she even meets my future children! It would most certainly play out similar to your MIL - what a nice lady. My SIL is a lesbian (a HUGE slap in the face to a very older-fashioned and religious Mother, aka my MIL), and her and her partner both had a child and used to the sperm donor so the boys are truly blood brothers :goodvibes. Last year after my wedding, SIL and MIL were on speaking terms after a long silence. SIL tried to offer an olive branch - she emailed and snailed-mailed MIL several pictures of her sons (whom MIL had never met) that they had taken for christmas. When they arrived, MIL took the scissors and literally cut the other little boy (that SIL's partner gave birth to) out of the picture and hung it on the wall. She also posted the pictures of facebook for her friends to see, but of course cropped him out of those.

Speaking of facebook, I should give out her email so ya'll can keep an eye on her for me - she unfriended me and DH a few weeks ago :rotfl2:

And yes, I would LOVE to not allow her in my house, however.. she owns the house :rolleyes:. Long story short, it was probably the biggest mistake we could make, moving in here. But we are approved for a loan and have been house shopping for the past couple weeks - so exciting! Let me tell you, once we go, she will NOT be getting our address. DH said we should give her a fake address if she ever tries to come and visit - like one to an "adult" store :lmao:

If you are actually serious about MIL's behavior, then :hug: :grouphug:

You are not in jail for committing a crime against her?!?! You MUST be a SAINT!!!!! :angel:

Personally, giving a gift to your husband's mother was a kind gesture and you received a verbal thank you. You should not expect more in return.

People get a bad case of the "gimmes' at Christmas.

We send gifts to my ILs, but I don't expect anything in return. No one has a right to a present. They give gifts to our kids and I'm grateful for that. They don't give gifts to my husband or to me. We're adults. We pay for our own toys.

So for Christmas, my MIL sent us...

DH - a lovely email about how much she loves him and that him, his brother and sister are her world.

Me - an email about how it's way past cleaning time for our (mine and DH's) bathroom & bedroom, and how I "can't live in a place without cleaning up after yourself." She also called my mother to tell her if she was going to get me a christmas present, that it shouldn't be clothing because I can't keep up with the laundry I have.

Merry Christmas to meee! :rolleyes:

Well, does it need cleaning?

My SIL and my mother, bless their hearts, are the worst housekeepers on the planet. It's fine for them to live in that mess, but it would be nice if they had enough respect for their guests to clean the place before the holidays. It's very disrespectful to guests not to clean before having people over.

People get a bad case of the "gimmes' at Christmas.

We send gifts to my ILs, but I don't expect anything in return. No one has a right to a present. They give gifts to our kids and I'm grateful for that. They don't give gifts to my husband or to me. We're adults. We pay for our own toys.

We can pay for our own toys also but my MIL did give her other children and spouses presents I was a little offended. I got over it though.

Well, does it need cleaning?

My SIL and my mother, bless their hearts, are the worst housekeepers on the planet. It's fine for them to live in that mess, but it would be nice if they had enough respect for their guests to clean the place before the holidays. It's very disrespectful to guests not to clean before having people over.

I'd say your bedroom is not a guest area. Nor is your own bathroom if it is a master bath. It is more disrespectful to go into someone's home and make judgements about them while you are a guest in their home.

I HAVE to laugh out loud. She pushes my buttons because she WANTS me to be angry, and to cause friction between myself & DH. I will not let her win, so I laugh (and laugh and laugh and laugh til I almost wet myself!!) She used to get to me - her hurtful comments & actions used to really upset me. Until the year she gave me a DNA test kit for my birthday. "To test my kids because she wasn't sure they belonged to DH and he was spending too much money on them - when he should have been spending the money on her." Her exact words. :rotfl2:

Maybe you should use the DNA kit on HER!! Determine her species and tell her she'd not related!

I'd say your bedroom is not a guest area. Nor is your own bathroom if it is a master bath. It is more disrespectful to go into someone's home and make judgements about them while you are a guest in their home.

:thumbsup2 I couldn't agree more. Your having people over doing the cooking and organizing to make them comfortable so if you have no time to clean the rooms you can close the doors to there is nothing wrong with that. If a guest is ignorant enough to open a door unless by accident that is disrespectful. If said guest doesn't like it they can always call and ask if they can come earlier in the day and help you clean and cook. :goodvibes

Sounds like hubby is long overdue to respond to the email and inform his mom that these insults will NOT be tolerated if she wished to continue to be a guest in your home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter