My magical lunch at Cinderella's Royal Table!!

AMonir

Mouseketeer
My friend and I dined here on Saturday, June 17th.

Setting and Atmosphere: A+. AMAZING!! Eating in the castle was totally a fairy-tale dream come true! It was exactly what I imagined dining in a castle would be like. There was SO much to look at and enjoy, from the incredible architecture to the stained-glass Cinderella to the knights in armor. The dining room was stunning and so regal. Because of my birthday, we got a window table, which was phenomenal! Eating in that glorious dining room while looking out the window at Cinderella's Golden Carousel was just so special!! They also decorated our table with colorful castle confetti in honor of my birthday, it looked beautiful! I also thought it was so cute the way they announced each party, saying that Cinderella has invited us upstairs. LOL! This restaurant definitely had the best setting and atmosphere out of all the ones we went to!

Characters: A+. Some of my favorite Disney characters were present: Cinderella of course, Fairy Godmother, Aurora, Snow White and Belle. They were all wonderful, and I love the pictures we took with them. The professional 8'10' photo with Cinderella came out so well, and I love the 8'10' of the castle too. I also love the pretty pink folder it came in! Anyway, it was just SO much fun to dine among all the Princesses!

Food: B. The food was so-so here, it's definitely not the main draw at this restaurant. I LOVED the appetizers, the hot ones were especially delicious. However, my main course (pasta) was not very tasty, and my friend got the salmon and she didn't like it that much. The Blueberry Buckle dessert wasn't so great either, it was a basic blueberry muffin with lemon ice cream on top. I didn't really like the ice-cream, and I didn't try the muffin. But they surprised me with a free birthday cake, which was beautiful and absolutely DELICIOUS!! So I was thrilled with that!

Service: A+. Great! In addition to surprising me with a free birthday cake and singing to me, they also gave me a Royal Proclamation birthday card signed by Cinderella, which Belle came over and signed too. Very sweet and special!

Overall: A+. I can't rave enough about this place!! It's funny because I've read so many poor reviews on it and, although I agree that the food needs improvement, I honestly feel that the $40 per person is completely worth it just for the experience of getting to dine in the castle with the princesses and the professional photo with Cinderella, plus the 3-course meal. It was definitely one of our Top 5 favorites of the trip, one of the highlights of the trip and a must-do restaurant. The way they treated me for my birthday was also SO special. Between getting one of the best tables, the birthday card and the cake, I was smiling the whole entire time!! I can't wait to go back!!

Thank you for the glowing review. I can't wait to have lunch with my own little princess in Sept. I'm glad we decided to go for it, even though it will be expensive. I can't wait to see her face. I'll probably blubber all over the place. :rotfl2:

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

Thanks for the review. I'm taking my own little princes there for her birthday and I'm glad to hear something positive about the experience.

Glad you had the magical time. We did too last Sept and this past Feb. Last Sept my DGD 4th Birthday at the Castle for Breakfast, and they did the same with her as you. In Feb it was me and DH for our 30th Anniv. Window seat, confetti and streamers. They also gave us free wine glasses and the Magical Moment card. It was 2 times I will always remeber and well worth the cost. The first was 1 TS the second time was after the change and was 2 TS :sunny:

Great review, glad your experience was so magical. pixiedust:

Thanks for the review. I have booked CRT for dinner on Oct. 20th. I explained to them that it is my sister's birthday and I want to make it as special as possible for her. She has no idea we have reservations at the castle so that in itself will be a huge surprise. She has never eaten in the castle before. I've eaten breakfast twice and although the food didn't compare to other restaurants the atmosphere was superb. Here's hoping her birthday dinner is as special as your was!!!

Thanks for the review! Glad you enjoyed your lunch. My 9 year old niece picked this as her meal of choice for the trip and we will be there in just over a month.

You sound like me. Despite the lukewarm reviews and the new price, as a mother of 3 young girls I have to do this. Just waiting for the baby to be old enough to remember it. Now I'm thinking we should go on one of their birthdays! Thanks for the review.

Thanks for the review.

We've eaten in the castle many times (most before the "princess" eating) and have always enjoyed the atmosphere. We especially loved it when they served everything in pewter plates and goblets!! We are less enthusiastic with the china as it seemed more "castle-like" with the pewter. We ate dinner there last year (again before the princesses started doing lunch and dinner) and although we did enjoy it, we thought the pricing was high for the food (we were not on the DP and there were so many better places for food).

I've also taken my niece there for the "Princess" breakfast (2002). This was fabulous!!! All the princesses were there and even Mary Poppins!!! I got some fantastic pictures of my niece and all of the princess characters. We loved how they stayed in character. The boy at the table next to us asked where Prince Charming was and without missing a beat Cinderella replied that he is such a sleepyhead and she has so much trouble waking him up!!! Too cute.

Now that the princesses are available for breakfast, lunch and dinner; I think this is a MUST (despite the food) for anyone with little (and big) girls!!

I just have to chime in and say that my boys were soo impressed with the castle when we took them. The Princesses really made over them all (we have 3 boys) and one of the best memories for my youngest was when Alice tied his shoe and Snow White exclaimed "Alice! You are SO Sweet!" An unexpected surprise was an impromptue sword fight between Peter Pan and Hook (who do not usually come) which resulted in an unscripted tipping over of a drink table, coffee pots tumbling everywhere! The boys love the midieval faires, and this was a great spot for them!

So Glad it lived up to your dreams too! Thanks For the GREAT review!!

Glad you guys enjoyed the review! Just to clarify, the princesses are not present at dinner, Fairy Godmother is the only character in attendance at dinner. I'm just mentioning this because some of you mentioned seeing the princesses during your upcoming dinner ADRs. If you want to see the princesses, definitely make an ADR for breakfast or lunch. It's soo worth it!!

Thanks for the detailed review! We went to this restaurant for dinner last September and really enjoyed it. Dh and I got steak and prime-rib and it was delicious. We are on the dining plan again this year but didn't make a reservation for this one because it costs 2 TS meals this year. :( We are scared we are going to regret that decision. Our dinner felt "magical" to us too last year. It was one of the best overall dining experiences we had the entire trip!

Did you tell them ahead of time that it was your birthday (when you made your reservations)? Or did you just tell them when you queued up in line to get in that day? I'm just wondering because we will be celebrating my four year old daugher's birthday when we eat there in September. I have thought about purchasing a 6-inch cake to have there, but if they do confetti, streamers and a cupcake for FREE, we will just do that.

Thank you for the great review.
I have lunch booked for my 50th.
I hope I have as great of time as you did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter