My Magical Disneyland Proposal

CarrieQuiteContrary

Mouseketeer
What a magical trip... my fiance and I just got back from a wonderful 4 day escape to Disneyland. It was his first time and my... 9th :) We've been together for 6 years (highschool sweethearts) and in that time, I have gone to Disneyland 8 out of my 9 total times, and he'd never been, so for Christmas, I decided to surprise him with a trip to the happiest place on earth.

The night of our second day there, we were walking back into Disneyland from California Adventure and he suggested we get our pictures taken by one of the PhotoPass Photographers on Main Street, since everything was all lit up and beautiful. I agreed, so we took our place in line. When it was our turn, we walked to the designated spot and took two normal photos. For the third, the photographer said "now put your arms out and do an excited pose!" I went to do some cutesy pose and he said "hold on a second." He reached into his pocket, pulled out a little white box, and got down on one knee. The crowd around us started clapping and cheering as he put the ring on my finger. I was so surprised. First shock hit me, then tears. It was so perfectly magical!!

Photo0023.jpg

Photo0025.jpg

Photo0026.jpg

Photo0028.jpg

Photo0029.jpg

Photo0033.jpg

Aw that made me teary! I love looking at all the people around you recognizing what's happening and clapping! Congrats!!!

Congradulations. Thank you for sharing some of the magic you experienced.

Congratulations! What a sweet proposal! I bet he'll want to come to DLR with you a lot more often now. :goodvibes

I love how it was all captured by the photopass photographer - you can't fake that emotion! Congratulations - enjoy your journey together!

That's great, congrats.

I love the look on the face of the woman passing by pushing the stroller. Classic OMG look.

Thank you so much, everyone! I couldn't wait to get home and share! Those photopass photographers are VERY handy!

To top it all off, when he got down on one knee, the song Married Life from UP was playing <3

That is awesome! Congratulations! You got an "Aaaaw!" out of my 14 year old, even.

Awwww

Congrats to you both. And to your fiance, well played (photopass photographer and all).

- Dreams

so you surprised him first and in return you got a proposal at the most magical place on Earth! talk about a good deal and a magical experience!!!

Congratulations! there's a woman who's pushing a stroller in one of the pics, the look on her face is priceless XD

I witnessed a proposal in New Orleans Square while I was waiting for my table to be ready at the Blue Bayou restaurant on Sunday. And I almost witnessed a different one near the Castle but it had taken place a couple of minutes earlier and everyone was clapping.

You both look great together! I wish you both the best :D
:wizard:

Congrats!! That is so sweet. I love to see stories like this!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter