• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My Little Pony (Toon Town? DTD?)

BebopBaloo

Rebellions are built on hope
Greetings! I have a My Little Pony loving dd and was wondering if they still sold the ones that you could fill up a box of clothes for (usually by the Mr. Potato Heads) in the County Bounty store in Toon Town, or DTD, or any other place?

If so, do you know what pony they are selling?

Thanks!:thumbsup2

When we did it a couple years ago, they had a pink pony with red hair, a white one with yellow hair and and blue one with pink hair. And yes, they were at the toy store in DTD. I don't remember if they were in Toon Town or not. HTH!

I don't think they are doing these anymore. All I remember from our December trip was the Mr. Potato Heads. Now I could be wrong but I do remember them from '08 and NOT '09. Hopefully someone else will confirm for sure.

I saw them in May this past year when we were there. Just didn't do it since we'd already done it with previous DD so we have all 3 ponies.

Yes. They were definately still there as of a few weeks ago.:) I definately saw them in the last room of Once Upon A Toy. I think I may have seen them in the large gift shop in Toon Town.

Yes, we got ours from Once Upon a Toy store. It is not on the same side of the store where you find the Mr Potato Head. You have to walk right through to where the cash registers are on the other side if you enter by the first entrance when coming in from the Market Place. We jammed that box last year then went and bought a popcorn bucket. Once we had eaten what we could of the popcorn I washed the bucket out with hot soapy water, dried it and we used that as a container for all the little bits (there was not way to pack them back in once DD had taken them out. :rotfl: Probably the best value on property purchase we made.

I would recommend DTD over Toontown. A better set up, more selection and oh so many more friendly and willing CM's to help jam all that stuff into the box! My 2 girls each did one (at different locations) and I found the experience at DTD to be Waaaayyyy better! JMHO! :goodvibes

Fantastic!!!:cutie:

How much was the box? You have to fit the pony in the box as well, right?

Can anyone tell me how much the box /pony are?

Thanks! Just trying to budget plan :)

I believe to fill the box it is about $20.00. You do have to fit the Pony in there. My kids wanted to do the Mr. Potato head, so I actually bought 2 of them before we left and packed them. That way they could fill the entire box with accessories. :)

I believe to fill the box it is about $20.00. You do have to fit the Pony in there. My kids wanted to do the Mr. Potato head, so I actually bought 2 of them before we left and packed them. That way they could fill the entire box with accessories. :)

Okay, thanks! Great plan to buy the Potato Heads at home. It's a much better deal when you can just fill it up w/ accessories. :thumbsup2

I am so stinking excited about this. I am fairly certain that we'll be spending a lot of money at Once Upon A Toy! I love mr. potato head in a way that is almost unexplainable... and lately my daughter has been pulling out her tub of My Little Pony stuff, too, so... Oh boy. So much fun!

Anyone have any pony photos?

We've done the GIANT!! Mr. Potato Head at DLR (but looking forward to the different accessories at WDW). If youngest DD is still into ponies next year (she'll be 4) then I want to do ponies too!

We did it in Toon Town just a few weeks ago. I am becoming a pro at jamming insane amounts of ponies and gear into those boxes!

Ponies? Can you put more than one pony in a box? :love:

Yes, absolutely. You get to fill a box, no matter what you fill it with. The ponies take up more space so you get less accessories in. My DD took 3 little ponies last year and a stash of accessories (I packed :rotfl:).

Yay! We will definitely be checking this out. DD is reeeeaaallly into My Little Pony. :goodvibes

I just wrote this on another thread but thought I would mention it here too. I was told by the CM at DTD that only one side of the box has to close so she made me go back and get a 3rd pony and then taped down one side of the box. Be sure to check out near the ponies so they can send you back if need be.

Also I found it helpful to put as many outfits on the ponies before I put them in. It seemd to take up less space. Plus I put items inside of each other, for example stacking the pointy princess hats, putting items in between the ponies legs or on the bottom of the pony bed.

I just wrote this on another thread but thought I would mention it here too. I was told by the CM at DTD that only one side of the box has to close so she made me go back and get a 3rd pony and then taped down one side of the box. Be sure to check out near the ponies so they can send you back if need be.

Also I found it helpful to put as many outfits on the ponies before I put them in. It seemd to take up less space. Plus I put items inside of each other, for example stacking the pointy princess hats, putting items in between the ponies legs or on the bottom of the pony bed.

All excellent ideas. I'm storing them for near future use. Good to know about only one side needing to close. Thanks!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter