My life may turn upside down tomorrow! Okay with that!

decaff38

1/2 in the World - 1/9/05!!
My husband's business is not doing as well as the previous years. he decided to apply for a very lucaritive position. He has interviewed and they checked all his references. They said they will let him know by Friday. It is a great opportunity with many twists that accompany it. It is in Northern Alaska - 3000 miles away! If he gets it , I will follow him. Between the two of us we will double our income!! We are excited and a little apprehensive too. We have lived there before (22 years ago), so it is not totally foreign. We know what to expect. He will go within the month and I will follow in August. It is odd to try to process all this information and details. We are okay with the adventure and look forward to the big change. Haven't mentioned it to the children( all adults). We will be keeping our home and are hoping our kids will move in ( for free). Will update when we hear anything. Just needed to share. It is a secret until we know something definate.

Wow!! Nerve-wracking and exciting at the same time! Best of luck whatever happens!

Sounds amazing!!!!

Best of everything to your whole family!!

Be sure to post some pics once you get settled in Alaska! That's one place I've always dreamed of going --- and hope to make it to one day!

Are you going to be able to sleep tonight? And here I am worried about planning for college.....

WOW! And how nice for your kids to be able to live there in your house.

keep us posted.....

That sounds like a wonderful opportunity. I lived in Alaska as a child and loved it. Good luck to your hubby.

we live in AK by North Pole and with the cost of everything you NEED to be paid more than folks in the lower 48.
Good luck! We have had a very mild winter this year so hopefully break up comes soon!

where else can you post a "secret
and know than no-one will share with your family.

Enjoy your adventure. hope everything happens as you wish!

I would be walking on egg shells today waiting to hear the news. I hope you get the news you want to hear

Thank you all for you kind thoughts and wishes. No news yet. I took some Tylenol PM last night and slept like a rock. Kind of edgy today though. We are excited. It is nice to have a place to post a "secret" and know that none of the family will see it. THousands of friends to share with here. Since it will be just 2 of us and our little dog, it will not be a hard move. Last time it was 2 small children and a cat and then added another child before we left. Much more complicated, Oh and no internet then. We bought our first computer (an Apple GS):surfweb: when we were there last time (1990). Wow!! That was a flashback. This time we will be connected to the world and be able to order things by internet. I did build a pretty good relationship with the late night ladies at the Penneys catalog line! :rotfl: We would talk for hours and we didn't even know each other. Crazy. Anyway. Still waiting on our life change!!:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter