My Last Tour of Amity

BigTiggerGuy

HHN Here We Come Again!!!!
So I just remembered that Jaws will be closing at Universal in two days! DP and our friend have decided to take a ride over in the morning and get in one last boat ride. I know some people find the ride to be cheesy but Jaws is my all-time favorite movie and I have always enjoyed the ride.....especially at night!
So it is with a sad heart that I bid farewell to Captain Jake and his crew of skippers. I hope they know how much I have appreciated them over the years.

P.S. Afterwards, we are heading to Epcot for lunch in Japan and a few drinks around the world. I will be sure to make a toast to Captain Jake!

I didn't realize that Jaws was closing! That is such a bummer! It was fun to walk through the town and then up to the docks. Do you know what they are replacing it with?

I almost missed out on this ride but Kevin made me go on it when we went to USO this past Nov. My butt got soaked!!! Goodbye JAWS!!!!!

Just curious, how many attractions from opening day at Universal are left?

i didnt know it was closing either..
Lots of great memories of Jaws and Kongfrontation and back to the future. What else closed?
I cant think of what remains

I never got to do Back to the Future, which was one of my fave movies growing up! I went just after the closed it down. I did do the Simpsons ride on my last trip, and it was pretty awesome!

Simpsons replaced the Jetsons/Flintstones, I believe. There's not much left from the opening...but there wasn't much there at the beginning.

I *think* E.T. is the last of the opening day attractions, now that Jaws is gone.

I'm excited for the Potter expansion, but sad to see Jaws/Amity go. It was alwaysmy favorite Universal Studios attraction, and a huge part of my 1990's childhood. There was a really cool video posted of the attraction's "final cruise." I'll go look for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter