• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My kids know EXACTLY how to get mom in a Disney mood

I have been debating getting a part time seasonal job to help with the holidays and make our trip budget with a little more cushion! My husband was not thrilled that I would spend more time working, but we all make sacrifices!
I decided today to look for Per Diem work in my current profession instead of season holiday work. This way I can work a 5 hour shift on a Sunday and make more than 15 hours at a store.
Needless to say my DH is a little more supportive of this! :thumbsup2

I just really want to be able to say that if free dining doesn't happen, we still go with the same planes we made! If it does happen, than yippie for us!! :cool1:

This morning I am looking over our dining choices and seeing a loose schedule of meals. I have a few that may be difficult to get so they will have to be bunched at the end of the trip.
My main issue is we have so many to book at Magic Kingdom. I really don't want to run back and forth to ADR's, it wastes so much time. I don't see any other way.
Here is my MK choices, and no one will give any up ;)
CRT, BOG, LTT, and Crystal Palace (breakfast).
Also close by is Ohana and Chef Mickey's (Breakfast).

The other choices are scattered.
Scifi, Hoop De Doo (always a tradition on first night), Coral Reef and Rose N Crown.

Yes I know I have LOTS of time to figure it out. My own anxiety will keep me looking at it over and over. My worry is when I book it the availability options will have me scrambling!
My Youngest REALLY wants to eat breakfast at Chef Mickey's the first day. This is his only real big request. I have doubts I will be able to get the ADR and at the time I want :sad2:

This morning I am looking over our dining choices and seeing a loose schedule of meals. I have a few that may be difficult to get so they will have to be bunched at the end of the trip. My main issue is we have so many to book at Magic Kingdom. I really don't want to run back and forth to ADR's, it wastes so much time. I don't see any other way. Here is my MK choices, and no one will give any up ;) CRT, BOG, LTT, and Crystal Palace (breakfast). Also close by is Ohana and Chef Mickey's (Breakfast). The other choices are scattered. Scifi, Hoop De Doo (always a tradition on first night), Coral Reef and Rose N Crown. Yes I know I have LOTS of time to figure it out. My own anxiety will keep me looking at it over and over. My worry is when I book it the availability options will have me scrambling! My Youngest REALLY wants to eat breakfast at Chef Mickey's the first day. This is his only real big request. I have doubts I will be able to get the ADR and at the time I want :sad2:

We are in a similar situation; so many desired ADRs so little time! We don't have any little ones going so it's a bit of a different situation. But I have faith in the planning fairy and her ability to get us neurotic-too-excited-over-planners the ADRs we want for our vacations!!

And maybe even some super pixie dust for some free dining!!

We are in a similar situation; so many desired ADRs so little time! We don't have any little ones going so it's a bit of a different situation. But I have faith in the planning fairy and her ability to get us neurotic-too-excited-over-planners the ADRs we want for our vacations!!

And maybe even some super pixie dust for some free dining!!

I have every finger and toe crossed for free dining!
It kills me the number of "free dining is ending" posts every year! Gives me heartburn but most of the time ends up being wrong! :sad2:

I have every finger and toe crossed for free dining! It kills me the number of "free dining is ending" posts every year! Gives me heartburn but most of the time ends up being wrong! :sad2:

We have never done FD; I only heard about it last year!

After a long time away from this post I am returning with renewed excitement! Christmas my brother mentioned he wants to go with us next year for a few days. This sparked our excitement and got us in the mood again!
I started looking at potential rehabs and closures next year and to my shock and my husbands disappointment, Liberty Tree Tavern is closed during our trip. This is my husbands favorite and his only request for dinner.
He is searching for a new place to try, all the time my 12 yo son is running in circles yelling "Panic we have only 94 more days until we book the dinner".:rotfl2: I gave my husband 24 hours to make a new choice. :lmao:
He is leaning towards Teppon Edo (we have done and he liked), Whispering canyon, and Le Cellier (we did many years ago before 2 dinner meal, wasn't impressed but maybe had an off time). The boys and I are hoping for Whispering Canyon but we will see!

Which one would you choose??
Happy New Years, let's make it a Disney year!

Tagging along for the ride :) We are planning a trip for this October too and although I don't have the dates set in stone yet I'm thinking we will be there around the same time you are. I'm hoping we can keep it a secret and surprise our kids the day we leave but I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep it to myself that long.

Tagging along for the ride :) We are planning a trip for this October too and although I don't have the dates set in stone yet I'm thinking we will be there around the same time you are. I'm hoping we can keep it a secret and surprise our kids the day we leave but I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep it to myself that long.

That secret was harder than I thought! But in the end it was worth it to see my oldest speechless. My husband and I did not get much time to talk about it when the little ears were not around, we did most of it on the phone while driving to and from work. We had to text things within the house just to keep the kids form hearing.
I had to remind everyone who knew repeatedly that it was a surprise., so afraid someone would forget and blow it. We came close once to it being exposed but we did it!

Since this trip is 10 days we added the waterpark option on, the kids and I want to go to it, DH does not like them.
Yesterday we started wondering if we should check out LEGOLAND, after looking into it we all decided the only one that would really like it is the youngest. So we started to wonder about Universal Studios for a day.
We all want to see the Harry Potter part, but it adds a huge expense for a day to go.

Should we/shouldn't we....... My argument is as always, we are already in Orlando why not. But the last few trips we made we didn't see everything we wanted to and the boys really wanted more pool time at CBR.
Not sure if we should wait until my little one is a little older for Universal.

Opinions??? Still need feedback on our Liberty Tree replacement as well ;)

It's our year for Disney!! I'm so excited, as I'm sure you are too, to say "I'm going to Disney World THIS year!!" :woohoo:

I love that your brother is considering joining in for a few days, the more the merrier!

We were bummed about Liberty Tree too. There isn't. Ton of healthier options in MK and they offer at least a few. I sure hope DH made his deadline; they never understand the importance of planning out those ADRs ;) I wish it were March already so I could make more concrete plans for my family's ADRs (working off last years hours makes me nervous).

As for Universal, it is tempting to head over there, especially cause HP World is so cool. They really did such a great job in Hogsmead (haven't seen Diagon Alley yet) it's almost worth the added cost, almost. When we go to Orlando with my dad and two half sisters we usually stay at a Universal Hotel and hit MK one day for my baby sister (she's 8 ). Even though we have a car and the drive to WDW from Universal isn't bad, it's a mission. And coming from WDW to universal you miss having the FP equivalent in universal, unless you're willing to pay for it (I hate that). If it were me, I'd schedule some pool time, or even some resort exploring along the monorail, but I'd keep universal for another trip.

Can't wait to see how things pan out as ADR days get closer!! :yay:

It's our year for Disney!! I'm so excited, as I'm sure you are too, to say "I'm going to Disney World THIS year!!" :woohoo:

I love that your brother is considering joining in for a few days, the more the merrier!

We were bummed about Liberty Tree too. There isn't. Ton of healthier options in MK and they offer at least a few. I sure hope DH made his deadline; they never understand the importance of planning out those ADRs ;) I wish it were March already so I could make more concrete plans for my family's ADRs (working off last years hours makes me nervous).

As for Universal, it is tempting to head over there, especially cause HP World is so cool. They really did such a great job in Hogsmead (haven't seen Diagon Alley yet) it's almost worth the added cost, almost. When we go to Orlando with my dad and two half sisters we usually stay at a Universal Hotel and hit MK one day for my baby sister (she's 8 ). Even though we have a car and the drive to WDW from Universal isn't bad, it's a mission. And coming from WDW to universal you miss having the FP equivalent in universal, unless you're willing to pay for it (I hate that). If it were me, I'd schedule some pool time, or even some resort exploring along the monorail, but I'd keep universal for another trip.

Can't wait to see how things pan out as ADR days get closer!! :yay:

I agree with you. We may wait. And I would hate to have to deal with no fastpass (or their version). Maybe next time we can stay there a day or so!

I agree with you. We may wait. And I would hate to have to deal with no fastpass (or their version). Maybe next time we can stay there a day or so!

Yes! Staying there is really worth it; easy transport and your room key is a FP (or whatever they call it).

It amazes me that one little change in our plans has started such controversy in our house!
We found out LTT will be under referb while we are in Disney. This is always my husbands favorite so he gets to choose another. He looked at multiple places, one being Whispering Canyon. The kids got very excited about this choice, my husband not so much!!
HE settled on Le Cellier (trying it again after a not so great time many years ago).
My youngest decided to change one of his picks to Whispering Canyon. His was CRT before (Life long dream of mine, so I was thrilled he wanted CRT).

Now my husband is insisting we find a way to put CRT back in, I just think it is too much. He is doing it for me, but isn't hearing me say it is really OK!!

Here is our list now, you know with only 68 days until booking meals, we need to be serious! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Crystal Palace breakfast
Chef Mickey breakfast
Ohana
BOG
Sci Fi
Coral Reef
Rose N Crown
Whispering Canyon
Le Cellier
Hoop de doo

The castle would be too much, don't you think?? And no one is willing to give up their choice to fit it in.

Awe, you DH is very sweet for wanting to take his princess to eat in the castle!:lovestruc

Your ADR wants look GOOOOD! We wanna do Whispering Canyon too; nothing like "rude" CM to turn your WDW vacation into an interesting one!:rotfl2:

Hi Kerri! I started reading your PTR and then noticed something.......we are both from Rochester NY! I saw the airport in the video and it looked strangely familiar! :rotfl:

I have not read all your posts yet as I wanted to come say HI! :wave2: But I am going back to read. We are going to WDW in March! If you are interested (no pressure) you can follow along on my PTR. 6 Boys, 2 Princesses, and 2 Mini-vans! A New Petty PTR!

Going back to read now!

Hi Kerri! I started reading your PTR and then noticed something.......we are both from Rochester NY! I saw the airport in the video and it looked strangely familiar! :rotfl:

I have not read all your posts yet as I wanted to come say HI! :wave2: But I am going back to read. We are going to WDW in March! If you are interested (no pressure) you can follow along on my PTR. 6 Boys, 2 Princesses, and 2 Mini-vans! A New Petty PTR!

Going back to read now!

Welcome!!! I stopped by for a peak at yours!! I am jealous, yours is so much closer!!

Been a while since my last update, but there was nothing to report!!
Today is my 180 mark, I did what ever diser does and woke at 5:45am to book my meals!!
It paid off as I got everything I wanted!
Here is our list:
Hoop de doo
Chef mickey Breakfast
Sci Fi
Whispering Canyons dinner
Ohana dinner
Rose N Crown (late dinner) hoping to watch illuminations.
Coral Reef
Crystal Palace breakfast
Trex
And BOG!
Not only did everything get hooked on the day planned but I had no problem with the times I needed too.
Some are easy ADRs to get but I worry about the timing.
Disney Magic worked for me this morning.

I have to be honest, I LOVE reading your trip reports. I find myself getting caught up in pages and pages of your plans.
I find it frustrating how little participation I get in mine :guilt
Even if no one is reading I guess I plug along.

We got mickey mail yesterday!! Yippie!! SO exciting even when so far away!
This post are my exact thoughts and feelings right now!

Hi! Joining in! Your family is adorable!! Yay for getting your ADRs booked! :cool1:

My 8 y/o son LOVED Whispering Canyon. We all did! It was one of our favorite memories of our trip! SO much fun!!

Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey, BoG... wow! Sounds like you have a lot of fun stuff planned. I can't believe that October is only 6 months away!!

Love how you surprised your boys on your last trip. We're surprising our kiddos this time but we're not leaving until December! I don't know how I'm gonna do it.. I've almost spilled the beans a couple times already! :rotfl2:

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your plans!

I'm son glaf our ADR day was a success!! Nothing like some Disney reservation magic to start a day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter