My kids have the flu, no BF for me :(

DebMcDonald

DIS Veteran
Well it was bound to hit sooner or later, but it looks like I will be canceling Thanksgiving and there goes BF shopping to. :sick:

I felt that there wasn't much that I wanted to run out there for this year, but maybe I'll be able to hit some deals on.line instead.

I'm sad. :sad1:

I hate it when the kids are sick for a holiday it puts such a damper on things.

On top of the online thing, maybe in the evening, if you have a husband who can be home with the kids, you can run out and capitalize on some of the bargains. I did this one year and was surprised at how empty the stores were and much was left at 9 PM; not the "best" bargains, but some good ones.

I hate it when the kids are sick for a holiday it puts such a damper on things.

On top of the online thing, maybe in the evening, if you have a husband who can be home with the kids, you can run out and capitalize on some of the bargains. I did this one year and was surprised at how empty the stores were and much was left at 9 PM; not the "best" bargains, but some good ones.

Thanks, that's a great idea. I only think about the morning running around, but I might just go out when he gets home! :cheer2:

Aww that's to bad...do they actually have the "flu"??? My doctor insisted my kids have the flu shot to prevent it....I hope your kids feel better soon!!!

As for shopping...I agree with above poster...i tend to get great bargains in the late afternoon or evening!

LIZ

I went BF shopping last year round 4 p.m. Stores were empty!

Practically had target to myself, LOL.

herc.

Aww that's to bad...do they actually have the "flu"??? My doctor insisted my kids have the flu shot to prevent it....I hope your kids feel better soon!!!

As for shopping...I agree with above poster...i tend to get great bargains in the late afternoon or evening!

LIZ

My kids got the seasonal flu shot, but are on the waiting list for the H1N1, I have had both shots, which makes me feel a little better knowing that I will probably not get it, so she can sit on mommy as much as she'd like to. Do I know if it's the actual flu, no because the pediatrician doesn't want to see anybody, but we have a high fever and are throwing up and look awful, so only time will tell, but we were with a friends daughter a week ago yesterday and she was diagnosed with the flu last week with the same symptoms and her fever lasted from Wednesday a.m. till Saturday night.

Here's hoping for some good on.line BF deals for me, unless I can convience my 16 year old to stay home, but I exposed her to BF last year and she LOVED it.

Sorry to hear it. I'll be shopping online too, so you won't be alone there. I agree, that you can still get some deals when you go later.

Hope your children get better quickly! My children had the flu in September and were able to get medicine almost immediately and were only sick a couple of days. It's no fun having sick children.
Maybe there will be some good online deals....

Yep, Thanksgiving is cancelled at my house too. I am the only one out of the family of 5 who hasn't gotten sick. I think it's because I've been bathing in bleach. :lmao: DS 8 had it 3 weeks ago and it was either influenza A or H1N1 (the doctor opted not to test since it wouldn't change the outcome any) and now for the last 10 days DS 5 and DD 1 have been sick. DS5 has strep throat and on medication. Yesterday I brought DD back into the clinic and she got a shot of Rocephin and an antibiotic. DH is also sick. I feel like I'm only napping at night because somebody is always up. I still plan on being out the door at 5 a.m. BF. Hubby can tend to the kids whether he's sick or not. I need some ME time!:cool1:

I'm confused ~ how would you have been able to go shopping had your kids not gotten sick? If you can shop when they're healthy why can't you shop when they're not so healthy ~ assuming you're weren't planning on taking them with you :confused3 ~ I hope you're family feels better soon.

I'm confused ~ how would you have been able to go shopping had your kids not gotten sick? If you can shop when they're healthy why can't you shop when they're not so healthy ~ assuming you're weren't planning on taking them with you :confused3 ~ I hope you're family feels better soon.

I am guessing that Mommy needs to stay home to take care of the sick kiddos. Therefore she cannot shop when they are not healthy.

I am guessing that Mommy needs to stay home to take care of the sick kiddos. Therefore she cannot shop when they are not healthy.

My mom is watching the kids for me on Friday, and yeah, I'm lucky my mom will watch the kids when they're sick if I have to go to work but I wouldn't dream of asking her for Friday if they were sick; not to go shopping it's enough to ask for when I have to work. And most professional babysitters won't watch them if they're sick.

They were going to have a sleep over at a friends, so now that is not an option and the mom and I were going to shop together while her husband watched the kids as my husband was working, I thought it was wonderful of her to offer and my kids were excited, but I would never ask or expect nor send my kids anywhere if they were not feeling good for me to go shopping.

Hope everyone feels better soon. Lots of stores are putting their BF specials online, though. Check out gottadeal.com, they have a breakdown of when the specials for each store should be available online. Amazon has had lots of great deals already, especially on DVDs.

Hope everyone feels better soon. Lots of stores are putting their BF specials online, though. Check out gottadeal.com, they have a breakdown of when the specials for each store should be available online. Amazon has had lots of great deals already, especially on DVDs.

I was also going to suggest the online option - I would also keep an eye out for palces lik ethe budget board, becasue people start to post when the BF prices have been "turned on". Many offer free shipping too!

At least not pneumonia. Me and mom has no food for us. I am pretend to be eating tomorrow cousins house.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter