My kids got Mickey Boxes!

adoptivemomx2

Mouseketeer
OK, maybe this is not officially sanctioned by the Walt Disney corporation, and maybe I invented the whole idea, but a couple of months ago I mentioned to the kids that one family each day is chosen by the Walt Disney Corporation to receive Mickey Boxes. I told them that these are shoebox-sized boxes filled with small items from the Walt Disney Corporation and are given to the children in the family. I said I thought it was such a cool idea, but they said they were sure they'd never get picked because A LOT of people went to Disney every day, and only ONE was picked. I agreed, but said it was fun to think about.

Before we left, I went to Micheal's and got two of their photo boxes, one in red, one in blue. I put some Disney stickers on them and filled them each with a Disney t-shirt, a Pez dispenser, a small Disney puzzle from the dollar store, a plastic Disney cup, some Disney stickers and a small Disney stuffed animal. We hid them in the car and snuck them into the condo. When we left this morning, I suddenly had to use the bachroom and ran back in. I put a Mickey Box on each of their beds and met them in the parking lot.

When we got back tonight, you should have heard the whoops and hollers! They knew exactly what the boxes were and they could NOT believe they got picked as the "Disney Family of the Day!" It was a very fun moment watching them open them and be in awe over their luck.

OMG I love this TOOOOO! I am going to use your idea on our next trip coming up this November....uh, except my kid is 1.5, so clearly she won't 'get it'.

But I will fill a small box of Disney stuff for her and let her open it on the plane. She already is obsessed with ALL things Disney. :) :banana:

Thank you so much for posting...:hyper::hyper::hyper:

adoptivemomx2 said:
OK, maybe this is not officially sanctioned by the Walt Disney corporation, and maybe I invented the whole idea, but a couple of months ago I mentioned to the kids that one family each day is chosen by the Walt Disney Corporation to receive Mickey Boxes. I told them that these are shoebox-sized boxes filled with small items from the Walt Disney Corporation and are given to the children in the family. I said I thought it was such a cool idea, but they said they were sure they'd never get picked because A LOT of people went to Disney every day, and only ONE was picked. I agreed, but said it was fun to think about.

Before we left, I went to Micheal's and got two of their photo boxes, one in red, one in blue. I put some Disney stickers on them and filled them each with a Disney t-shirt, a Pez dispenser, a small Disney puzzle from the dollar store, a plastic Disney cup, some Disney stickers and a small Disney stuffed animal. We hid them in the car and snuck them into the condo. When we left this morning, I suddenly had to use the bachroom and ran back in. I put a Mickey Box on each of their beds and met them in the parking lot.

When we got back tonight, you should have heard the whoops and hollers! They knew exactly what the boxes were and they could NOT believe they got picked as the "Disney Family of the Day!" It was a very fun moment watching them open them and be in awe over their luck.

Really loved this idea. Little things can make such a big impact :)

that is SO sweet!! we are doing something similar for my two year old. i have bags for each day... each bag containing "gifts" from the characters :)

Surprises like that are fantastic. For sure a memory in the making. I may do this also, or a version of...

We had a wonderful surprise a few years back. We checked into our hotel room, and our room was disneyfied! pixiedust: There were balloons everywhere, confetti, 2 mickey/minnie mouses, 2 buckets, filled with shirts, coloring things, coins for the arcade, build a bear like bears, with shirts and stuffing, mickey ears, on the table disney paper plates, cups, and napkins, apple cider, choco strawberries, $200 gift certs, a big welcome written on dining room mirror, and much more I've failed to remember. Every time we turned around we found something else in the room. It wasn't isolated to one area, it was everywhere! We were in awe, and the kids were giddy excited. Come to find out, we had a card on the table, from my husbands boss (CEO), telling us to have a great vacation. It's a wonderful memory, we were as excited as the kids. : )

I'm doing this too! I've been gathering small items like stickers, tattoos, tinkerbell candies, etc at the Dollar Tree & Walmart here & there. Last week I scored a Tink hat & bubble jewelry set on clearance, woohoo!

I also found a great, free kids disney journal online that I downloaded & printed & put into a binder for her to journal her trip memories & scrapbook later. If anyone wants the a copy I can email the .pdf that I downloaded. (I took the individual pages & merged it to one document.)

I bagged it all up in a Princess bag, printed a card to DD from her fave characters & am going to sneak it into the room ahead of time & hide it. She's going to freak the freak out, lol! :lovestruc

That is a great idea. We do something similar. The first night at the resort, TinkerBell usually visits our kids. We buy TinkerBell Confetti (easily found in stores and online).

We then make a line of confetti from their bed to an area with treasures that tinkerbell has brought them, with permission from PeterPan of course. The kids even have fun "picking up" the confetti along the way to the treasure (so, we don't even have to clean up). The treasure could be hidden anywhere...closet, behind the curtains, in a drawer, etc.

The treasure is similar to what you put in the box. Last year, it was all pirate themed since we are doing the Halloween party and were going to dress as pirates.

That is a great idea! My kids wouldn't fall for this at 11 & 15. I wish they were still young so I could try it!

:goodvibes

I thought this said your kids got mickey boxers! You gave me a good laugh for the day.
I do like your idea better though:)

As long as they don't start telling all their little friends, who will be disappointed when they don't get them!

We did this on my boys frist trip to WDW about a year ago I wrapped boxes from Disney Store in red paper from dollar general they each got a small mickey mouse, tshirts, new bathing suits from walmart... towels also from walmart... i also went to are outlet stores and they have a disney store and I found lots of disney items very cheap priced. I also bought them light up things for the night parade at disney store for $5 at disney they were $15. When we arrived at ASMU I took the boys to the arcade and my husband went and emptied the car and put the boxes on each bed then came to the arcade and said that Mickey Mouse had left them a big surprise in the room. Each box had there name on it with some disney stickers they were so excited...Great Minds Think Alike... This was way cheaper then the Disney Surprise from Disney.

What a FANTASTIC idea!!!! Such great memories for them and for you!!!

Tinkerbelle visits my 3 GS each night of our vacation.
When they fall asleep Tink arrives and leaves a small present next to their bed.
We've been doing this a few years now. They are 8, 6 and 4 so still hoping for a few more years of the magic pixiedust:

Karen :)

As long as they don't start telling all their little friends, who will be disappointed when they don't get them!

I don't think it matters if they tell their friends or not. If it were a real contest only one family would get picked anyway. It would be the same thing as if they won an actual contest. It would be very unrealistic of their friends to think "Just because my friend won a contest means I will too." The OP told her kids only one family gets picked per day, so the chances of winning are slim.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter