My July 11-16 itinerary - need comments

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by Pig Pen, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Pig Pen

Pig Pen To all who have come to this happy place...welcome

We are Disney experts, but have never visited in July so comments are welcome.

Our group consists of me (PigPen age 51), DH54, DS33, DDIL30, DD30, DGS2, staying at VWL in a 2 br villa. DH, DD, and I are flying, DS and family are driving. We will do the regular dining plan. DH and I have APs, the rest will be using the $99 military base tix. We are still debating getting the park hop option. I think the itinerary works either way. We may go to DTD a few evenings instead of back to a park.

Since DDIL is not a morning person (I cannot imagine getting her up and out in time to take advantage of early morning hours) we are choosing to go to late EMH parks rather than morning EMH.

Please be kind.

Sunday (5 TS, 5 CS)
    Arrive Wilderness Lodge (3:00 pm for flyers, ETA unknown for drivers)
    Hang out at resort, eat counter service at the Lodge

Monday (5 TS, 4 CS)
    Animal Kingdom
    Lunch @ Flame Tree BBQ counter service
    Return to resort
    Dinner @ Ohana
    Return to a park

Tuesday (4 TS, 3 CS)
    Magic Kingdom
    Lunch @ Comic Rays
    Return to resort
    Dinner @ Character meal – Chef Mickeys in the Contemporary
    Return to a park

Wednesday (3 TS, 2 CS)
    Studios
    Lunch @ Hollywood and Vine character meal
    Return to resort
    Dinner @ counter service at lodge, another resort, or park
    Return to a park

Thursday (2 TS, 1 CS)
    Epcot
    Lunch @ Morocco
    Return to resort
    Dinner @ campground buffet
    Return to a park

Friday (1 CS)
    check out day
    Counter service breakfast at Lodge

(At this point DH, DD, and I will move to another resort and stay until the 21st. DS and family returns home).

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. markºoº

markºoº DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>Admits to wanting

I don't like to leave a park for dinner since a lot of time is lost and their really isn't cost savings unless you go completely off property to eat. But then again the last several trips for us have been in October when park hours are not as long.

Not to mention you have been there so many times you probably have this down to a science. Your plan looks like it is fairly relaxed and flexible since you really can do whatever in the evening.

4. sharadoc

sharadoc Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving

HI. Can you do the dining plan with the military tickets? I think you would still have to buy a one day ticket for everyone, which may negate a lot of your ticket savings.

Otherwise, I think it looks pretty good. You're not stressing out your little grandson on this schedule.

5. courtneylauren

courtneylauren Disney College Program Fall Advantage 2014 Vacatio

Looks great!

We wil be there from the 11-23

6. Pig Pen

Darn, I hadn't thought about that. I need to do some research!

7. Pig Pen

Great! We loved BLT. Didn't have enough points for it this trip though!

8. Pig Pen

We have to take the little one back for a nap and we really like hanging at the resort. In fact, I could almost do without the parks!

9. danceintherain

danceintherain DIS Veteran

If you use the military room discount, then you can add the Dining Plan.
    http://www.mousesavers.com/disneyresorts.html#military

It's 40% off a room and goes through the same dates as the tickets do with the same blackout dates as well.

The OP is an Annual Passholder, so that's why she doesn't have to buy tickets to utilize the Dining Plan.

OP - Your plans look just like how I would do it.
    Park in the morning
    Afternoon Break
    Park in the afternoon (usually unspecified unless we have park ADRs for dinner)

10. Pig Pen

I just remembered...DVC members can purchase the dining plan alone.

11. danceintherain

Here's the link to the part about Annual Passholders adding the Dining Plan. It can be done with or without a room discount.

Walt Disney World Annual Passholder Package with Dining - Walt Disney World Annual Passholders can purchase a special vacation package that includes either the Quick Service Dining Plan, the standard Dining Plan or the Deluxe Dining Plan. They can also add on the Wine & Dine Plan. The Dining Plans are not discounted with this package. The room rate on the Annual Passholder Package is not always discounted, but during certain times of year, a discount may be offered. This package does not include admission tickets, since obviously Annual Passholders don't need that component of a vacation package.
    http://www.mousesavers.com/packages.html#appackage2009

I don't think the Dining Plan can be added for use with the Military tickets without using the Military offer, but maybe it can.

12. danceintherain

That is correct as well. I think you're pretty much guaranteed the ability to use the Dining plan according to your various qualities.

13. Pig Pen

Thanks Becca for the extra research. I didn't know that military could get the dining plan on their own. After looking at it one more time, I think I might switch my character meals around. Right now I have them scheduled too close together. Gotta spread the fun!

14. Virtucomp

Virtucomp DIS Veteran

I agree with a PP that I don't like leaving the parks so much to go to diner or back to the resort. I would rather spend time in the park than on a bus. You know your family better than we do though so that is your call.

If you feel they need more breaks from the running around plan times to watch shows and street entertainers in the parks or the parades. We found that to be very relaxing last time we went.

Unfortunately the July EMH do not seem to be available yet so you can't plan the parks around the night hours.

Good luck and have a fun trip.

15. Pig Pen

July hours, including EMH, were up on the Disney website a few days ago. With a 2 yo we really, really need to go back to the resort. The kids will have a car so that may help with transportation times. I was more worried about NOT taking advantage of early morning hours in the hot summer, but knowing my family, this would cause too much mental stress. :rolleyes1

Thanks for the input! I feel pretty good about the schedule and feel confident about making my ADRs on Monday!

16. ADisneyQueen

ADisneyQueen DIS Veteran

I love Flame tree and the seating there is very pretty, but all outdoors. I would consider eating somewhere air conditioned in July. Maybe somebody could bring some Flame tree meals to another counter service that is cooler?