My Itinerary

dizcrazee

DIS Veteran
Okay, fellow disney lovers, after months of obsessive research and planning, I have an itinerary for our trip. We are staying off-site but close by on Hwy. 192. We are avoiding parks on their EMH days and arriving at least 30 minutes before opening each morning. I've tried to apply the tips I've read on this board, TGM, and the Unofficial Guide book/website. From these resources, I have actually developed a touring plan for each park that suits the needs and tastes of my family (no thrill rides, no motion simulators, no waiting in character lines, etc.). I didn't go into all of that below, however. ;)

The cast of characters includes me, my DH, and my DD8. We go to WDW every other year with extended family and this is our first trip with just the three of us. Although we love WDW, we usually wind up completed exhausted halfway through the trip. In fact, our trips usually resemble the Bataan Death March more than an actual vacation! We are determined to relax this time and go at a slower pace since it is just the three of us.

Please take a look and let me know if you have any thoughts or suggestions.

Fri., 5/19 - Arrive 4:00 p.m., Dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe, early to bed.

Sat., 5/20 - Arrive MK by 8:30, lunch 11:30 CP, depart MK around 1:00 p.m. Swim/rest until around 4:00, then tour EP, leave before Illuminations to avoid the "mass exodus".

Sun., 5/21 - Arrive AK by 8:30, depart around 3-4:00. Swim/rest/early to bed. However, if we finish at AK early, we might go back out to MGM for a while in the evening.

Mon., 5/22 - Arrive MK by 8:30, depart around 1:00. Swim/rest until around 1:00, then tour EP until 9:00. See Illuminations.

Tues., 5/23 - Arrive MGM by 8:30, lunch 11:30 at Sci-Fi (we've never been and DD wants to eat in the "cars"), depart around 3-4:00. Swim/rest/early to bed.

Wed., 5/24 - Arrive EP by 8:30, lunch at Akershus, depart around 1:00. Swim/rest until around 4:00, then tour MK until closing. See Spectro/Wishes.

Thurs., 5/25 - "Sleep in" morning, Sea World afternoon/early evening. Maybe dinner at O'hana or Boma.

Fri., 5/26 - Depart for home, 9:00 a.m.

I can't wait! Please let me know what you think! :thumbsup2

Looks good, we did CP for an early lunch like you're doing and it was great!!! Have a super trip!!

Thanks! How was the food at CP? It's been a long time since I've been, and I've seen some mixed reviews.

Looks great! You will have a blast!

We ate dinner and breakfast at CP on our last trip - and the food was excellent both times!

You can book breakfast at 8:05 ( before the park opens!). We did this last time, and we were finished around 8:45 - we got to walk around the park when it was empty before others were let in. It is one of our foundest memories - and we got some fabulous pictures in front of the castle! And we were first in line for our favorite ride when the park opened!!! :thumbsup2

The food was very very good. Plenty of it, a great variety and very tasty! I love that they have everything from really "grown up" food to very "kid" friendly food like PB & J!!! The parades are a blast for the kids and the characters even interacted w/ our two 17 year old girls as they did w/ our 7 year old and even w/ me and my husband. I don't think you can go wrong w/ CP. Have a super trip! I'm so jealous!!!

Thanks so much, everybody. This has been a tough year in my family (health-wise) and I'm praying for a safe, relaxing, fun trip. That's why I've done all this research; I'm determined to "do it right" this time! :thumbsup2

Your plan looks awesome. I'm jealous and want to go back :wizard: However, I wanted to give you the heads up on our experience at CP. We had 11:30 ADRs for lunch and got there about 10 minutes early. Had to wait a little while and we were seated around 11:40. We were one of the very few in the place since they just opened for lunch. We got to see Piglet & Eyeore before even eating - basically right away. We ate and the food was in my opinion just OK, but I didn't think any food at Disney was great. We then got to see Tigger after coming back with our food, the kids did a parade with Piglet and had a blast. This was all before noon. We finished eating as it got busier and busier. We were done by 10 after noon but hadn't seen Pooh yet. We ended up waiting until 1:10 before we saw Pooh. It was nuts. I think we just got extremely unlucky on where we sat and the route he was taking. Plus, at 12:30 he was 3 tables away then had to leave for 15 minutes as the Parade went by since Pooh is in the parade they can't have him be seen twice - so he had to go "make honey" as our waitress told us. We weren't really mad, but just frustrated trying to keep a 4yr old and 2yr old occupied for that long. Luckly Piglet and Eyeore came back to visit. I probably won't go back, but like I said was probably just unlucky.

How awful! That was a mighty long wait to see Pooh! I think I would have given up. We love Pooh, but Tigger is really our favorite, anyway!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter