• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My husband may have caught the Disney bug :)

Aliceacc

DIS Veteran
My husband just called. He's on his way to the airport after a 4 day Senior Trip with the kids from his school. ( I can't go with my school; I'm the MOMMY who knows the school/kickline/cooking class/speech class... schedules.)

Before he hung up, he commented that he might "have" to do this again next year because it was so much fun.

Hmmmmm. Maybe after our August trip I can convince him that we should become regulars??? Of course, we can't count on that 40% off PIN at the Poly, but I could very happily live with a Family Suite and an AAA discount.

OK, guys-- I need help on this one. Any sure fire ideas to plant the seed?

My DH was tricking me into thinking we were going to WDW for my bday and instead he was planning a getaway to Ft. Lauderdale to see WICKED. Well, after all of the "pretend" planning, he got bitten by the bug so badly he's now a TA specializing in Disney, LOL!! He's always enjoyed Disney though.

We're going at the end of this month, again in Sept, and again in Janary ;)

I've been quite a few times... I cant believe I'll be going on my 5th trip! :D (not as many as some of you, but still!) I'm hoping to make a addict of hubby.

I wish my DH was bitten by the bug. He's not enthused about my crazed Disney planning in the least :lol

Up to this point he's been amused by my psychotic planning (although he brags to others that I "got" us the 40% PIN code. We lucked into it; I take no credit at all:) )

But if he continues to sound the way he did on the phone this morning, I'm hoping to parlay it into something bigger! (Just my luck-- that something will be an annual weekend alone with 3 kids for Alice while he's at WDW with the Seniors!!!)

:headache: My DH was the official skeptic prior to our first trip some 10 years ago. Honestly, he thought we were going to a 10-day overpriced, overcrowded "land" where all you saw was Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck! That's where the disboards came in...I knew I'd planned a wonderful time, saved some big bucks (you could easily do that in those days) on our resort, and he would have a wonderful time. Guess What? He DID:banana: DS and DD loved every minute and I had our ADRs all set, our events planned, nothing was left to chance. We've since learned to explore WDW in new and exciting ways and are all just as anxious for our June trip (DS is now 20 and DD 18) as we were all those years ago. Honestly, KISS the first trip; let your DH have some time for himself (mine wanted to spend hours checking the sports scores at Interventions--perfectly OK); don't "overschedule", and make sure DH has his food and beverage at regular intervals....it's MAGICAL:hug:

He came home yesterday full of info, from which rides would frighten our youngest (Kira and dark loud places don't agree) to RAVING about the Animal Kindgom.. he's LOVING this!!!

He was also asking about resorts. They stayed at ASM. I told him that we couldn't fit into a regular Value, but explained about the Family Suites, and how they might do for some future trip. He wasn't crazy about the bus situation, so we would have to work that out (or find the money for the Poly again-- we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.)

My DH said the first time we wentin 2001 that it was an over priced place for kids! and that he was just going because the trip was a gift from my grandparents.

Well on the flight home all I heard was when can we go again. We finally went again 6 years later for Christmas 2007, Now he said I can start :banana: planning for 09:banana: .
HHHHMMM times are getting closer maybe that means we are headed for a yearly trip. He really wants us to go with out kids for one trip, just the two of us! I guess I will have to save for that one and plan it as a SURPRISE !
:cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1:

My DH has had the bug since we went on our honeymoon in 2003.:laughing: We haven't been able to go since November 2006 and his Mouse withdrawal may be worse than mine!

We went for our first trip dec/05. None of us had been so we all had a great time. We decieded that we would go back after paying off our last debt. (around sept/09) His work has been crazy the past few months and when I sugested we take a family vacation, he said why not go back to Disney. So first it was a week. Then we moved it to fri to sunday. Then we talked about 2 full weeks. Fianlly decieded on fri to tuesday. We would be back early enough tuesday to still teach class that night. So I booked us at AS Movies during free dining for 11 nights. The other day DH said, "you know we should makje this an annual thing." I think his is abosutly the greatest man now. And his Boss okay the vacation time. My DH also loves that I can get on Dis and find the best deals and plan the best trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter