My husband FINALLY gets Disney :)

4littleones

DIS Veteran
We only did one day at Disney (MK) but my husband had a blast. I could see it in his face and hear it in his voice. Then he said those magic words. After 3 years of going as a family he said "I get it now, it's not just the thrill; it's the experience" :lovestruc

He is hooked. I caught him looking at non expiring tickets. :banana:

We are leaving in 19 days for our second family trip. Our last one was in 2011 and boy was that a fight to get DH to agree. He wasn't totally opposed to it but he wasn't excited. He had a blast. Over the last 3 years I have heard him tell people about all the planning I did. It makes me smile. When I decided it was time to go back this year, I prepared myself for the fight and to make my case, especially since we are going to pull DS out of school for a week. My to my surprise, I said I wanted to plan another trip and his only response was, okay. He will never be as crazy as I am about it but I am obsessed enough for both of us.

Yes I remember when I got DH over to the dark side. :)
He appreciates their customer service (especially on DCL) ans I remember at AK he had noticed the little bike tracks in the ground and was just blown away by the attention to detail. That being said I don't think I will ever get him on any disney boards :)

I hope this happens with my DH! He's not opposed to Disney as a vacation, but he isn't really excited, either. I know he likes good food and wants quiet part of the time, so I have booked some nice ADR's and we are staying at CSR (not so in-your-face Disney all the time). I hope he LOVES it so we can go again!

Mine was the same at first but now he loves it. He was the one to want to purchase DVC in 2012 when our kids were 2! Now he golfs once or twice each trip and we find new great restaurants and he LOVES F & W!

I think letting him help me plan a little, just so he has some say helps. Also, planning a little downtime. I know not all husbands want or need this, but mine does and it really makes a difference!

I wish this will happen to DH next time we go. We went last year and it was a disaster, very little planning over the 4th of July weekend. DH had a meltdown due to the crowds and heat. Going end of April over 10 days, we are taking it slow and hope wether and crowds will be better
He is a foodie so I am thinking maybe I'll surprise him with a nice dinner

Interesting that it took him a few trips.

I was shocked when my DH fell in love with Disney on our first trip. He LOVED the planning I did and brags all the time about how we don't wait in lines. He's always happy to go back :)

He did ask me to tone down on the rope drop mornings though. so now we have a few RD mornings that we rush to and several slow morning where we wander in whenever (usually ends up being about 15 mins after rope drop).

After our first crazy long weekend trip, my DD wasn't quite as excited as I thought when I announced we were returning for 10 days next. Turned out she was afraid of the crazy fast walking all over the parks to rush from one thing to the next. Because I am a minute by minute planner, I adjusted. I now plan 30 mins between each attraction, time to walk slowly or do other things along the way.

Better book your next trip asap while he is on a Disney high!

I hope this happens with my DH! He's not opposed to Disney as a vacation, but he isn't really excited, either. I know he likes good food and wants quiet part of the time, so I have booked some nice ADR's and we are staying at CSR (not so in-your-face Disney all the time). I hope he LOVES it so we can go again!

My DH was the same way our first trip.
He was supportive of going, but it was definitely "for the kids"

Day 2 (of a 9 day trip), we are headed back to the room for an afternoon nap and he is grinning like a little boy and already talking about the "next trip". I laughed and said, "the NEXT trip?" He just looked at me and said, "Don't even pretend that wasn't your plan all along. You knew we were all going to love it and want to come back." Seven+ years later and he is still just as excited to go. :goodvibes

Thankfully my DH is just as crazy about our trips as I am, maybe more so. I'm the one always pushing to try something new and he's always busy getting the kids geared up for a WDW trip instead. lol..and I love that I get to "blame" him for making us go back again.

For me, it's my wife that didn't love WDW when we took our first trip there three years ago (first time for both of us). Though, in her defense she was four months pregnant...

Sill - I was bit by the Disney bug and have been obsessed with going back ever since. She's been "meh." We have a trip planned now for next year. She's not dreading it by any means, but she's not really looking forward to it either. We really went at a fast pace last time, so I'm hoping a slower paced trip will let her relax and enjoy it a bit more. Plus we'll be there with our two little girls this time, so I'm sure she'll at least get a bit of a vicarious thrill, even if she doesn't love the whole thing as much as I do :)

My DH was the same way our first trip. He was supportive of going, but it was definitely "for the kids" Day 2 (of a 9 day trip), we are headed back to the room for an afternoon nap and he is grinning like a little boy and already talking about the "next trip". I laughed and said, "the NEXT trip?" He just looked at me and said, "Don't even pretend that wasn't your plan all along. You knew we were all going to love it and want to come back." Seven+ years later and he is still just as excited to go. :goodvibes

Love this!

Neither of us had ever been when we decided to take our then 2yo dd last December, thinking it would be a good 5+ years before we'd go back. He was meh about going and I was just excited to go on a fun - albeit expensive - family vacation. He thought I was crazy for all my research and planning (which I do by nature, anyway).

We were both completely and utterly smitten and totally fell in love with WDW. Hardcore. Booked a trip this past July and we are going back in February...when we will be upgrading to annual passes! (And we live in Michigan!!!)

That's awesome! I'm slowly converting my hubs as well. He only went a couple times as a kid, and neither time was very magical. I was luckier.

Our last trip (first family trip) was such a fight to pull him away from work. This time around he agreed readily to 5 days and then said "we should add another day so we can do more stuff!" He said that FOUR times, so now we are going 9 days!!!

Happy for you and your family and for any new Disney converts who get to really experience the magic.

I feel like I converted my husband as well. I grew up in tampa with a travel agent mother so we went ALL the time growing up. He had only been to Epcot once on a school trip. So when we got together 11 years ago I started dragging him along with me. Now we have 2 little ones and he likes to go! He used to only want to go over for a day or 2 , but we recently stayed at BC and he loved it and actually said "now I could stay here for a week!
He is also seriously interested in DVC! I feel a complete sense of victory!

We are leaving in 19 days for our second family trip. Our last one was in 2011 and boy was that a fight to get DH to agree. He wasn't totally opposed to it but he wasn't excited. He had a blast. Over the last 3 years I have heard him tell people about all the planning I did. It makes me smile. When I decided it was time to go back this year, I prepared myself for the fight and to make my case, especially since we are going to pull DS out of school for a week. My to my surprise, I said I wanted to plan another trip and his only response was, okay. He will never be as crazy as I am about it but I am obsessed enough for both of us.

Yes! This was my experience exactly! For our first-ever trip to DLR I suggested it and to my surprise he agreed. And then as soon as we got back DH started talking about going back. He LOVES it! When I brought it up this year I expected him to resist because of the cost but he didn't even bat an eye. Not like he's a total scrooge or anything usually, but I was really shocked that he was as on-board as he was. Just goes to show, our guys love us and love having a good time too! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter