My husband doesnt "get" ADR's...help!!!

KATIESMOMMY

DIS Veteran
Ok, heres my problem. DH and I finally paid off all our credit cards at the beginning of the year :cheer2: and we got rid of all but a smaller one that we agreed we will not use unless it is an extreme emergency.

Well thats the rub...my 180 day window is coming in June and I was sitting here making a rough list for ADR's I want to make and he started asking about them, well a nice discussion turned into a huge debate that ended up with me in tears. :sad2:

He said that I cannot use the credit card to make any ADR's as it is not our "agreement" and that he is worried that with the kids being so small (DD will be 31 months and the new baby will be about 3 months) that if we cant make it to one of our ADR's that we will be paying for something we won't use.

I have looked all over and I know that some ADR's like CRT needs a credit card prepay, but is there any that we don't need to give a credit card number? Does anyone know if I get a prepaid Visa from like AAA or something can I use that to book ADR's like CRT?

The main ones I want to make is CRT lunch,a lunch at the new Disney playhouse meal at MGM,O'Hana dinner, and Chef Mickeys breakfast and 1900 Park Faire dinner with maybe something for MVMCP dinner on the 7th. ANy help would be so appreciated.

Thanks from a pregnant very hormonal woman!

I didn't realize that you some places needed a credit card to hold the ADR.
We made all of our without putting down a CC.
You can get a prepaid CC at CVS. We have bought them before as birthday presents.
Are you staying on site? If so have you considered adding the dining plan?
My DH and I debate the credit cards all the time. He HATES when I use it for anything. I'm a spender. Sometimes you just have to agree to disagree (easier said then done). Good luck with everything.

I made ADR's a couple of weeks ago for the following restaurants and didn't need to give a credit card # for any of them.

'Ohana
Le Cellier
Crystal Palace
Whispering Canyon
Nine Dragons
Concourse Steakhouse
Coral Reef
Kona Cafe
Sci-Fi

Hope that helps! :)

I believe the only ones you need to give a CC# for are CRT, Princess meal in Norway/Akershus and the Fantasmic dinner packages. CRT, from what I understand, is actually a prepay situation. The others will charge you $10 per person if you do not cancel 48 hours in advance and do not show up. Other than those three you do not need a CC to make ASDR's.

California Grill needs a credit card guarantee, as do the dinner shows. CRT, yep ... not sure about Akershus.

But, fret not. There are plenty that can be held with just a phone call.

Sherri said:
I didn't realize that you some places needed a credit card to hold the ADR.
We made all of our without putting down a CC.
You can get a prepaid CC at CVS. We have bought them before as birthday presents.
Are you staying on site? If so have you considered adding the dining plan?
My DH and I debate the credit cards all the time. He HATES when I use it for anything. I'm a spender. Sometimes you just have to agree to disagree (easier said then done). Good luck with everything.

For the main part of our trip (poly) we cant add the dining plan as it is a trip I won thru a contest and they wont allow for us to change any components of the reservation at all (DDP was the first thing I tried to get!)
Actually I should be proud of him when it comes to the credit card-we were kind of the opposite of you, he was the "spender".
I guess I was just having a real "hormonal" moment when we got into it, we rarely argue so I was probably at fault with it escalating the way it did...I was BAD, lol, told him it will be his fault when DD has to eat chicken nuggets all week and starve to death as she hates them :rolleyes: :lmao:
Thank you to you and thanks for the great info Lady de Winter, you guys just made me feel 100% better...a little embarrassed too as evidently all is not lost,,lol :blush:

To my knowledge only the few really popular Princess meals need a credit card. Cindy's Table, the restaurant in Norway...I even made ADR for the nights we are going to MVMCP and they didn't ask for anything. Even other character meals (like Chef Mickey's) didn't require any deposit. You should be fine to go ahead and make the ressie's.

Good luck & have fun!

Does anyone know if they will take one of those prepaid credit cards for CRT and Akerhaus? Mainly has anyone ever used one before? I have over a $1000 set aside for food for our trip and I could just go get one of those and DH said that would be ok...tia!

Congratulations on winning the trip. I hope you get to stay someplace nice. It sounds like you have more then enough money for dining.
And of course we all no that pregnancy and hormones go hand in hand (lol).
Though it has been many years since I had my last pregnancy, I still remember. Thank goodness for spouses that love us.

Sherri said:
Congratulations on winning the trip. I hope you get to stay someplace nice. It sounds like you have more then enough money for dining.
And of course we all no that pregnancy and hormones go hand in hand (lol).
Though it has been many years since I had my last pregnancy, I still remember. Thank goodness for spouses that love us.

Thanks! FOr our win we are staying at the Poly with a Magic Kingdom View, WDW travel has just been
wonderful arranging everything!

Pregnancy makes you crazy I think, at least when its an old broad like me at 38 carrying my second with a 2 yo. :bitelip: DH I just made up- with the condition the credit card still doesnt get used,lol :rotfl2:

Actually, I've heard negative comments about the Princess meal at Epcot. With your DD being so young you might be better off going to the Playhouse Disney or the Crystal Palace meals. They do not require a credit card deposit. We did CP last year and my DS loved it. Pooh, Tigger and friends are his favorites. This year we are trying Garden Grill.

KATIESMOMMY said:
Thanks! FOr our win we are staying at the Poly with a Magic Kingdom View, WDW travel has just been
wonderful arranging everything!

Pregnancy makes you crazy I think, at least when its an old broad like me at 38 carrying my second with a 2 yo. :bitelip: DH I just made up- with the condition the credit card still doesnt get used,lol :rotfl2:

Wow! Have fun at the Poly. 38 isn't old, isn't it like the old 25?-(lol). Atleast I hope so since I am 36 1/2. I see lots of people choosing to have children in their late 30's.
I'm glad to see you and you DH made up.
Have fun no matter where you decide to eat.

Why not use a debit Mastercard from your bank? Then, it is just taken out of your checking account, and it is all paid for. I guess after being married over 30 years, I have learned to just do things...and not to run them by DH. Why ask for his input, when I am going to do it anyway, no matter what he says? It just upsets him. He is much happier being left in the dark :teeth: k.

CRT is a pre-pay situation. Why can't you put it on the credit card and then immediately pay the credit card balance with the money you already have set aside for this meal anyway? If my husband didn't trust my ability to do this or treated me like he was my father then I can assure you there wouldn't be any future pregnancies. I think you had a right to be upset and hormones had nothing to do with it. With CRT already being taken care of that would be one less meal you'd have to worry about once you were there.

BTW, I have two children. 18 and 5 and I'm 48 years old. Yes, that means I was 43 when the last one was born and no he wasn't a mistake. My grandmother was 45 when my mother was born. I was told when I had my first one at 30 that I was "too old" to start having kids. :lmao: Wonder what they think now?

Thanks everyone for all your input- I forgot all about my ATM card being a Visa :rolleyes1 so it all was pretty much a stupid fight,lol. Actually after researching today and last night I think we will just skip CRT anyways and leave it for our next trip when DD is a little older and will remember it more.

YCFAN said:
CRT is a pre-pay situation. Why can't you put it on the credit card and then immediately pay the credit card balance with the money you already have set aside for this meal anyway? If my husband didn't trust my ability to do this or treated me like he was my father then I can assure you there wouldn't be any future pregnancies. I think you had a right to be upset and hormones had nothing to do with it. With CRT already being taken care of that would be one less meal you'd have to worry about once you were there.

QUOTE]

Honestly it is not a matter of trust,DH and I have been together for over 15 yrs total and if anything I am more the "mother" type towards him than viceversa. It wasnt a matter of "trusting" it was that with us saving to buy a new home and all, when we paid off the credit cards (Which btw-was my big thing, I was insistent on it)we made an agreement which I have made him stick to a few times when he didnt want to and in all honesty ADR's just arent a true emergency. We have been trying to stick to budget this year very tightly--we have a lot going on, trip, baby due in Aug/Sept and planning on buying a new house in late summer/Fall.I obviously painted poor DH in abad light and definately want to clarify that- he is a great Daddy and Husband- I am a SAHM and he works 60 hours a week to provide for us and never denies us anything. I guess last night I just had a very juvenile hissy fit when I didnt get my way and had to abide by the rules that I set up--crow is definately hard to eat today!lol

In addition I didnt realize DH didnt truly understand about ADR's- he thought we prepaid every meal and if DD had a meltdown (which can happen with a toddler) we were out the money...I need for him to get on here a bit more!Me and my DIS mentality!!

PS- this morning he handed me the phone and my purse and told me to make the ADR's and put them on the credit card,lol, he thought I was crazy when I told him I cant even do it till June and am not going to use the CC anyhow :confused3
He looked at me,grinned,kissed me and said "God I love it when you are pregnant" :rotfl2:

BYC said:
Why not use a debit Mastercard from your bank? Then, it is just taken out of your checking account, and it is all paid for. I guess after being married over 30 years, I have learned to just do things...and not to run them by DH. Why ask for his input, when I am going to do it anyway, no matter what he says? It just upsets him. He is much happier being left in the dark :teeth: k.

LOL- we used to do that and thats how we got 12k in debt with credit cards, lol, he likes to shop, especially when we were getting married in 2003 and when DD was born in 2004.I think DH would love it if I would keep him in the dark about stuff ( he is fond of asking me why you telling me?lol) but I figure if I do that he will do it to me and I hate feeling like a mushroom :teeth:

KATIESMOMMY said:
I was BAD, lol, told him it will be his fault when DD has to eat chicken nuggets all week and starve to death as she hates them :blush:

I told DH that this would happen to him if we did not book the DDP. He still does not "get it" and I am not explaining it again, just said chicken strips or "The Plan". :lmao:

You will have plenty of places to choose that do not require a CC deposit. Have fun!

Nancyg56 said:
I told DH that this would happen to him if we did not book the DDP. He still does not "get it" and I am not explaining it again, just said chicken strips or "The Plan". :lmao:
QUOTE]

OMG, lol, too funny. Only problem is I think my DH would love the strips!Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter