My husband didn't believe me about FP+

Nobody said you should be excited about FP+. But if you're Disney vacation is that disappointing for you because you can't get a FP+ for a few attractions amidst thousands of things to do or you have to wait in the stand-by line, perhaps you should consider not going? As I mentioned in a previous post, it's not going to hurt Disney's bottom line.

And maybe we should in the future consider not going and sell our DVC...but we are trying to work within the new system, we are trying to develop new strategies and there is a frustration to our plans that was NEVER there before, we enjoyed MANY things WDW had to offer in a way that was enjoyable to US. We enjoyed the things without standing in long lines, and now you are saying basically to all of us too bad so sad, and that is frustrating. Now all of sudden that enjoyment is not the same based on a system that THEY,WALT DISNEY WORLD created to supposedly to ease our waits, to make our trips more flexible, more spontaneous and when we use it and it is not, we as long time WDW lovers who invested our vacation dollars in this place, we are not suppose to be frustrated and disappointed when we log on at 60 days and cant get what we want . And we should just say ok so your marketing was less than truthful let me just go stand in this hour long line for Haunted Mansion with a pixie dust smile on my face. And ultimately we may change courses but in the mean time I would like to talk about the good and the bad of FP+ and try to figure out a way to go back to enjoying the place we love so much...

As long as people keep having kids they have a constant new customer base.
So do Universal, Six Flags, Legoland, Dollywood and other places that cater to children.

None of those other places, however, have promoted anything like FP+ or have had the problematic implementation of it that WDW is undergoing. No one knows the effect FP+ is going to have on WDW's bottom line in the future or on the bottom line of their competitors.

True. Only time will tell. However the one huge advantage that Disney has is often times is considered a one and done destination, so repeat customers doesn't need to be at the very top of their business model. As long as people keep having kids they have a constant new customer base.

True, that seems to be their strategy. I think that's why they leave shows run way past their prime, for example. Everything is new when it's your first time. Same for cutting parades and other entertainment...if it's your first time, you don't notice.

But with the explosion of DVC resorts doesnt this contradict itself...WDW likes the one and done and can get new families but they sure as heck are investing a lot to keep people coming back as well

I haven't used FP yet, this will be our first trip with FP and our window is fast approaching. From what I understand, you don't have to use FP, you can still keep the spontaneity and just pick a ride you want to ride, stand in line. I also understand that the single rider line is quicker than the regular line but also that may not work for some families. No Disneyworld is not typically a relaxing vacation but ahhh the memories and fun. Also, taking a Disney Cruise isn't as relaxing as I thought it was going to be either, but I would do it again in a heart beat.

But with the explosion of DVC resorts doesnt this contradict itself...WDW likes the one and done and can get new families but they sure as heck are investing a lot to keep people coming back as well

"Hey, if you don't like it go somewhere else, Disney doesn't care!" does not address the problem.
It's just a flippant remark that can only aggravate and degrade serious discussion.

There were so many of us on these boards (and other forums) who spelled out the likely problems of FP+
years ago when it was first being spelled out.

A biggie was moving the angst of trying to get FPs for the headliners from day-of, off to a time well before (weeks before) park arrival.
Also, trying to manage the many difficulties of complex guest situations (different arrival days, different kinds of tickets, etc.)

The number one issue was the physical impossibility of too many guests trying to advance-book the "must-do" attractions.

However the one huge advantage that Disney has is often times is considered a one and done destination, so repeat customers doesn't need to be at the very top of their business model.

Oh I think repeat customers are at the top of their business model. You can't walk more than 10 yards in a park or resort without running into a DVC kiosk or advertisements. They definitely want you locked into the Mouse.

Yeah but DVC locks people in for the length of their contracts, no need to keep selling a vacation to them.

A biggie was moving the angst of trying to get FPs for the headliners from day-of, off to a time well before (weeks before) park arrival.
Also, trying to manage the many difficulties of complex guest situations (different arrival days, different kinds of tickets, etc.)

The number one issue was the physical impossibility of too many guests trying to advance book a "must-do."

Yep, exactly right.

"Hey, if you don't like it go somewhere else, Disney doesn't care!" does not address the problem.
It's just a flippant remark that can only aggravate and degrade serious discussion.

There were so many of us on these boards (and other forums) who spelled out the likely problems of FP+

The number one issue was the physical impossibility of too many guests trying to advance-book the "must-do" attractions.

Totally agree...it just moved the actual line for FPs to a virtual line 60 days prior. But this is benefiting some guests now so they dont want anyone to complain about it but they were certainly vocal over the years when they could not get TSMM at 2pm when they strolled into the parks

I bet it's just a matter of time before disney bifurcates the system. If you want a "guaranteed" FP+ in advance of your trip, then they can be had for a fee. Otherwise you "take your chances" with a sdfp for free. They could easily do this and say it is in response to customer feedback on not being able to get useful sdfp under the current model.

Yeah but DVC locks people in for the length of their contracts, no need to keep selling a vacation to them.

But if word of mouth gets out that WDW isnt the deal it was and they have a bunch of people selling or telling newbies not to buy that is not good either...we shall see. Or is the one and done guest cant ride their rides without frustration then there goes the customer base for the new DVC resorts they want to keep building or the veteran guest who is now frustrated might not add on points

I agree it locks the dvc member into disney. That was my point. Disney very much wants repeat customers and does need to keep them happy and content. Unfortunately, there are many examples where apparently that idea has been lost by disney

This is kind of my point, Disney doesn't necessary think there is a problem.

I bet it's just a matter of time before disney bifurcates the system. If you want a "guaranteed" FP+ in advance of your trip, then they can be had for a fee. Otherwise you "take your chances" with a sdfp for free. They could easily do this and say it is in response to customer feedback on not being able to get useful sdfp under the current model.
I've wondered for a long time if this wouldn't lead to a new form of VIP touring where you pay for Disney to plan your attraction and meal and guarantee your ability to do what you want when you want. This would certainly fit their hope of get you in, get you time for gift shops and get you out to Disney Springs.

Not thinking, or knowing there is a problem and not admitting there is a problem is two entirely different things.

I think they know there are problems, they just aren't publicly acknowledging it.

I think this has already been said on here but I think if FPP doesn't come to CA it will be considered a failure IMO. Or at least I will see it that way lol

I've wondered for a long time if this wouldn't lead to a new form of VIP touring where you pay for Disney to plan your attraction and meal and guarantee your ability to do what you want when you want. This would certainly fit their hope of get you in, get you time for gift shops and get you out to Disney Springs.

Yep. If I could choose my attractions and the times I wanted, then I would happily pay for that guaranteed experience.

Yes, yes. I meant that they don't care if there is a problem.
Sure seems that way at times, doesn't it? I think they care, I just don't think they have a good solution at this point. There are large numbers of disney-lovers at opposite ends of the spectrum on this issue. Where's the common ground that disney can steer towards?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter