My husband didn't believe me about FP+

I haven't read through all 11 pages, but on our recent trip we got same day FP+ for 7DMT, and we walked into the park early afternoon. The CM at the kiosk was surprised they were available.

After over 28 trips to WDW, I knew I would hate FP+. I don't even make ADR's because I don't like to plan. I Never know what park I will be in on what day.

I was there in May for three days with no plan. Was to meet my mom and as I was boarding the plane in Michigan, she was at the airport in Arizona and didn't feel well so she didn't come. It was solo for me. The first day, I decided to go to MK and that morning bought my ticket at the hotel, AKL, and the reservation desk booked my FP+. NO 7DMT. After I rode my 3 FP+ riders, I went to the kiosk and got 7DMT for 8:00 p.m. Next day I did Epcot, same thing, bought the ticket and booked the FP+ at the hotel. Didn't get Soaring so I did have to wait in line for that. I din't book any ADRs but did check, and there were some available both days, late times, but still available. Third day I did pool, and DTD, it was actually the day I left.

As one who was convinced I would hate FP+, it wasn't that bad. Now going the beginning of May of course meant that it was not as crowded and would be easier than summer or holidays (no longer go summer or Christmas after many years, too crowded and no longer have kids in school restricting when I go). All in all, it was ok. Had I been going with more people, at a busier time and had to plan, perhaps I would feel differently as I have said, I never liked to plan. I do love disney but it not a relaxing vacation. To me, that would a beach in the Carribbean with waiters bringing me drinks. lol

So this was a sdfp? How is it you know that you took the last fp+ available?

My discussion was on the issue of pre booking fp+'s for multiple days just in case, not booking sdfp's you don't really want.

sdfp??? Not familiar with that acronym.

It doesnt matter the REASON for booking FPs you dont intend on using, you are now taking them away from someone else until it is patting on the back time and you release them

QUICK! Someone set up a snack cart!
Perhaps, with each $105 admission ticket, Disney could kick in a $10 "SRE" pack (snack, ready to eat) containing energy bars, protein pills and gu, with a sippy filter to use with the water fountains to remove that Central Florida hydrogen sulfide smell...

I haven't read through this whole thread, but if you're going during Party times, you can always ride Dwarves during the party. We got through the whole ride, from entrance to exit, in about 30 min during the Party. That's because FP+ isn't slowing down the queue. Actually, the wait time just after the official start of the party could be much shorter than that. That's because lots of people are exiting the park at that time. Just after 7:00, we passed by the ride and there was no one in the external queue. We made a mistake and rushed along instead of getting in line. I'll bet we would have gotten on the train in ten minutes.

If you're not doing the party, the other option is rope drop, of course.

I'm sure there are many FP+ that are never used. Perhaps someone made them, but doesn't have a smart phone. If the line for the kiosk is too long they may not bother canceling them. If they had to line up to get them, they may not want to be bothered refusing them.

It's not as bad as it seems. There will be no same day FP for Anna & Elsa, toy story midway mania, possibly Peter Pan, and probably none for 7dmt. You could rope drop these attractions if you want to ride them. The first time we did FP we didn't choose them until the day we arrived at our resort. We still had pretty good choices and times.
I agree with your list except for PP.

I'm just adding, I'm headed on a solo trip booked fairly last minute and I've gotten every FP+ I wanted with the exception of the 7DMT, which I know I can either do at rope drop with the rest of the herd with a minimal line or ride during MNSSHP.

I hated the FP+ when it was implemented. Knowing that we have no choice but to utilize it means I've learned to adapt. Change is hard, but with an overpopulated planet and more guests than ever before, it's either figure it out or not be able to enjoy something I've loved my whole life.

I'm just adding, I'm headed on a solo trip booked fairly last minute and I've gotten every FP+ I wanted with the exception of the 7DMT, which I know I can either do at rope drop with the rest of the herd with a minimal line or ride during MNSSHP.

I hated the FP+ when it was implemented. Knowing that we have no choice but to utilize it means I've learned to adapt. Change is hard, but with an overpopulated planet and more guests than ever before, it's either figure it out or not be able to enjoy something I've loved my whole life.

It's just a shame that as the parks get more and more crowded (bringing in more and more revenue for Disney) they don't seem to keep adding attraction capacity at the same pace that attendance grows.

And I'm glad you got what you wanted. But I will add that FPs for 1 do tend to be easier to come by.

I hope you have a great trip!

Um, I don't see anyone in that line starving to death or being crippled by disease. They should all be grateful.

Maybe you should be on the "obsessed with crippling disease/starvation/third world problems" forums, instead of the Disney forums. Just sayin'.

Do you really think it happens very often that someone walks out of the MK without using their A&E or SDMT fp+? I'm sure it's happened, but I bet it's pretty rare and has little effect on the supply.

I was not referring to you personally, btw. Just in general that the incentive to give away fp+'s is the feeling you get from doing a good deed. No need to take offense. I still maintain it's a lousy way to distribute fp's. And I still maintain that it was a rare event. We too gave away fp's a few times. It's a nice feeling. But I got the same feeling when we cancelled our second A&E fp+'s. I know someone got a nice surprise when availability popped up. I don't have to be there to see it happen to enjoy it.
Of the 7 A&E & 7DMT fp+ I had I only cancelled 2 of them and used 1.

What will be fun is when Frozen attraction opens you'll need to choose between Soarin or Frozen because you know they'll both be tier 1.

Of the 7 A&E & 7DMT fp+ I had I only cancelled 2 of them and used 1.

What will be fun is when Frozen attraction opens you'll need to choose between Soarin or Frozen because you know they'll both be tier 1.
Well if you miss out on those maybe you can get an Eat to the Beat concert.

And this is one of the big reasons fp+ works so well for us. We park hop and so make multiple trips to each park during our vacation.

It's not a problem at all for us. One trip into Epcot we'll do one and then catch the other on another day. We could use rope drop for Epcot, but we much prefer it as an evening park. It's especially nice to be able to go to Epcot at 5-6 in the evening and know we have headliners to ride instead of knowing fp's are sold out. And not only do we not have to choose which to get fp+'s for, I expect we'll get to do each multiple times during our trip.

I can only imagine how long fp distribution would last on what is sure to be an incredibly popular attraction. I'm actually glad they're tiered. It loosens up availability.

I'm sure there are many FP+ that are never used. Perhaps someone made them, but doesn't have a smart phone. If the line for the kiosk is too long they may not bother canceling them. If they had to line up to get them, they may not want to be bothered refusing them.

But the thing about FP+ is that Disney can predict pretty accurately how many people will not use their FP for any given ride, day, time of day, etc. I'm sure they overbook FP+ just like airlines overbook flights and hotels overbook rooms. (Of course they could do this with FP-, but part of the $2 billion was the infrastructure that will collect for those purposes.) There is nothing "lost" when someone doesn't use them--Disney is actually counting on them to leave without using them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter