My huband says "Let's Dine off Property " :(

Another vote here for Columbia, in Celebration.

We often stay offsite. When we leave a park, we call in a take-out order to someplace like Olive Garden. It's ready to go by the time we get there, so we just grab the food, drive home, put our feet up, and RELAX. It's SO MUCH CHEAPER, and usually better, than anyplace onsite (exception being Jiko or Cali Grille, but then you are talking big bucks).

OP, if it makes you feel any better, we ate at Kona last October and it was awful. EVERYTHING was incredibly overcooked- and my husband's chicken was inedible. We were so disappointed. (so if you only get 1 meal onsite, DON"T go to Kona!)

We rented a car for one day during our trip to visit the American Girl store at the Florida Mall. Our plan was to eat at the Buca di Beppo but the kids begged for Taco Bell. Go figure.

The Diner/Cafe or the Tavern in Celebration are good options for Casual Dining

When we stay at the Bohemian in celebration we eat there for breakfast since we can walk there. Really good diner food.

When we stay at the Bohemian in celebration we eat there for breakfast since we can walk there. Really good diner food.

Their pancakes are amazing!

And, it's so quiet there, one of the waitresses is from my home town in the UK, that was a funny coincidence.

We actually enjoy eating off site (yes we have on-site faves too)... some favorites are Giordano's pizza (seriously one large deep dish pizza feeds 5 of us EASILY)... Miller's Ale House and Shula's Burgers.

OP, I don't eat all meals offsite, but I'll tell you what. I do like Perkins for breakfast. And especially Bob Evans. I grew up where they're everywhere and they're not where I live now. So whenever I go to Orlando I debate whether to rent a car or not mainly so I can go to Bob Evans if I get a hankerin for sausage gravy and biscuits and/or their sausage and cheese omelette.

Then there's Girodano's pizza...OMG so delicious and it lasts days! (Just bring some zip top bags in your luggage). Last time I was at WDW I called twice for delivery and the woman who answered the phone really didn't want to cooperate and have a pizza delivered to POP. So thank God I had a car and could finally go to get one myself. But I went to the one in Kissimmee...not the uncooperative one I called twice.

Speaking of staying at POP...one night I wanted something and went to the food court about a half hour before it was supposed to close. I kind of thought it might not be so chaotic and noisy that late but it was. Thank goodness I had the car and could go to the Taco Bell drive through. Not a great choice, but I had a better experience than I did in the POP food court.

So when it works out, I do like to go off site for a meal. It's often better, and cheaper. So why not?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter