• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My HRH res was cancelled - And I didn't do it

robvia

<font color=red>DIS Veteran<br><font color=indigo>
Was looking thru my current credit card transaction list, and see a
-194.01 from HRH.
Think to myself, HUH?
Call them up, and sure enough, my reservation for June has been cancelled. The girl on the phone says I did it. I say no I didn't. She says they have rooms available, but it's $259, not the $174 I got. Asked for a manager, none around, they are going to call me back tomorrow at work. This is going to be fun. I never called to cancel, I've had this booked since January 19th.
They claim that the only way someone can cancel, is if they know the address, and confirmation number. I think it was a computer glitch.

Everyone who has an entertainment rate, check your credit card statements, call the hotel, and make sure your reservation was not cancelled. The refund on my credit card was posted early this month.

That happened to me at the Royal Pacific when they first opened up.. I had made my ressies back in Dec when they werent' even opened..when we were about a month out...I checked to see if everything was ok and it wasn't.... they didn't have my ressie at all..they had no clue what happened to it. I had the $139 rate concierge grand opening rate... they had availability for me but not at my rate:mad: :headache: I had to fight with them for about 3 days straight playing phone tag! Finally I got my rate back but not for all of the nights I had booked.. I ended up with only 5 nights. Then later that same year (Thanksgiving time). I called to add a name to my ressie for my Thanksgiving stay (had the same grand opening rate) and they sent me a new confirmation with a rate doubled what I had!!! I didn't want to fight with them...when I called they said they didn't have my rate anymore..so I just canceled! Now this coming trip... I booked the RPR in March for 2 nights...5/30 & 5/31. When I called this past Sunday (to check the status of my Lowes card...Lowes shows me as Gold & the resorts are showing me as Blue = no free upgrade :mad: ) ...they confirmed my rate...that was correct, but they had the wrong dates.... they had me as arriving on 5/29 for 2 nights... they said I never had the other dates.... my confirmation has the correct dates on it!!! They couldn't figure out what happened...luckily for me..they did still have availability at my rate for the correct dates....or I would have had to cancel.

Wow robvia.....so sorry to hear about your snafu!:( I have reservations for June also (ENT rate) that I made back in March. They were still ok last I checked (a few weeks ago) but thanks for the heads up to keep checking......no one should have to deal with this kind of stress when planning their vacation! Hope it all works out for you & you get the rate you originally booked for. Post back & let us know.

Are you guys saying that even with a printed copy of the confirmation showing the rate you booked that they will NOT honor it?

That doesn't seem right.

curly:wave2:

Wow, this thread scares me because I have 10 nights booked in one room and just added a 2nd room for 2 of those nights for my mom. The person I talked to said it would be the same confirmation # which struck me as odd. I'm going to go call and verify the ressie again right now!

UPDATE 5/13- just called and both rooms are listed on confirmation. ::yes::

Yikes! Sorry to hear this. I am going to call and confirm my booking.

Same thing happened to us once through Hotel Kingdom.
HK and RPR worked together and did get our dates and rate back - but it took getting to a manager, several phone calls, and me faxing them my confirmation printout.

That stinks! I hope you get it all staightened out robvia!

What I dont like is they dont send you a confirmation letter like disney does unless your getting the package deal like i got when the HRH first opened.This is my 3rd trip without any paperwork.I called last month to check on the dates and I got the confirmation number again and made up my own letter. Sorry to hear your bad news.
tiggerguy2000

I have a letter with all the info on it.
But they claim I called on April 29th and said, "I didn't want it anymore."
Yet in March, I called to see if it was ok to bring our yellow lab, and they said fine. HRH is a pet friendly hotel. They have record of that call in March.
Thanks for everyone for posting replies.
I'm e-mailing this thread to the next level as proof it's happened to others.

I booked online and RPH sent me an e-mail confirmation. Should I check later to make sure we still have reservations since I have it in writing?

I too had problems with a reservation at RPR. Had 4 nights and wanted to add 1 add'l night. First, I was told couldnt add one night cuz only had multiple night ressies only. But I already had four nights. go figure. Then, a second phone call to Lowes First this time and was told could add 1 night but they couldnt do it since my ressie was thru central reservations. third call to central reservations and was told they'd add the 1 night. So, the next day I check reservation. Got my add'l 1 night, but the other four were dropped from the system (and I had a written confirmation). Although I could get em back for rack rate - 240/nt ( I had 146/nt AP rate)! Lots of calls later, finally got my 5 nights at the old AP rate. But I had to jump thru some serious hoops. It really depends on who you deal with at reservations. Some dont have a clue. some can get it done. And I keep callin back to check. What ever happened to the no hassle vacation planning? I hope my stay at RPR is worth it.

I wanted to let all of you know that if you have a reservation and you call to make a change - any type of change they will automatically cancel your original reservation. It could be something as simple as calling to change from one bed to two beds or from a garden view to a pool view. The amazing thing is that once you call to make this change to your existing reservation they do not tell you that they are cancelling your original reservation and creating a new one. This creates all kinds of problems with your deposit. This has happed to me about 3 times. When we get to the hotel and I show them my confirmation number they tell me that the reservation has been cancelled and that my deposit has been refunded and that I need to pay for the entire room. AGH! So, please be aware that they do do this.

Whew!! just checked my ressies they are still there. I had called a couple of weeks ago to add my loews no# and a couple of other things. I read this thread and went into a panic LOL
But all is ok here , they changed mine and kept the GA res. discount i had in tacked. What a relief!!:goodvibes :duck: :cloud9:

In my case, when I told them I was bringing the pet, they said ok, and then sent me an e-mail with all the reservation info. In fact, it was sent on March 24th, and my reservation was cancelled on April 29th and the confirmation number is the same. They told me to send an e-mail to unspecsvc@nb.aibn.com but I haven't received a response yet. If no response in the morning, then I'll have to get a phone number to call.

Originally posted by dantin
I wanted to let all of you know that if you have a reservation and you call to make a change - any type of change they will automatically cancel your original reservation. It could be something as simple as calling to change from one bed to two beds or from a garden view to a pool view. The amazing thing is that once you call to make this change to your existing reservation they do not tell you that they are cancelling your original reservation and creating a new one. This creates all kinds of problems with your deposit.

Fortunately I haven't had any problems with my reservations getting mysteriously cancelled but I have had the weird experience of changing my ressie. Once, I called to make a change when the AP rate dropped. I was told that they would not cancel the original ressie but simply make the change. Of course they did cancel it and make a brand new one. When I saw the deposit credited back on my bank statement, I immediately called to see if all my information was still correct. It was. THen a few days later they charged me for the deposit at the old rate. Their reservation system is quite strange.

I made RPR ressie back in Jan for June with the Ent rate. When I cb to change my rooms from regular to club level they only had me down for 2 rooms not 3. They said I didnt cb within the 24 hours to put down my dep :confused: I know it was less than 24 hours and the rep stated I needed to have made my dep back in Dec when I didnt even make the original ressie til Jan. I did make my new ressie on the club level with my AP rate and I have cb atleast twice to make sure I still had a ressie. I did but they still have only mailed us our confirmation for 1 room and not the other 2 even though I requested it more than once.

robvia - Sorry about your problem. I have two reservations set up right now (one at RPH and the other at PBH) both for the same dates. I hope I am not setting myself up for disaster!:eek:

Just a thought about what might have happened to you. Did you by any chance check your reservations online? I just checked mine online and as I was closing, I almost accidently clicked on the cancellation button. :eek: :eek:

I just cb to reverify mine today and so far so good (knock on wood).
Hope your able to get yours staightened out robvia

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter