My Hotwire vouchers "disappeared" from mail!

jenjersnap

yadda yadda yadda
Bummer. I ordered several hundred dollars worth last week. The next day I ordered Seaworld tickets. The SW tix arrived yesterday, so, since I never received any confirmation on either order and I'd heard about orders not being processed, I called Hotwire. Got a not-very-helpful-man who did confirm they were sent out last week by first class mail. He gave me a tracking number but couldn't tell me what kind of tracking that meant (Delivery confirmation? Signature required?). I called the post office this morning and - guess what - the tracking number is invalid and doesn't refer to *anything* at USPS. Great. They will look into it after two weeks. Hotwire said they would send a "complaint request" to their headquarters after two weeks. Honestly, my conversation with the unprofessional Hotwire CS rep has made me extremely suspicious of their business practices, if their business practices are as he represented them

Anyone have any ideas how to handle this? I know I can get my credit card company involved. Do you think I should file complaints with all three - USPS, Hotwire and the credit card? I am still hopeful that it might show up today (fingers crossed). If not, I doubt I will have vouchers before we leave in a month unless Hotwire does the right thing by me and I don't see that happening. :-(

Going to meditate and then search for my Disney wonder ... maybe it's under my bed? :p This trip has been a bear to plan, nothing has gone right so far.

I dont know if this is any help or not but I have ordered several times from Hotwire and my envelope always comes from DHL but it is delivered to the post office and then they deliver it to me. Have you checked to see if the tracking number is a DHL number and not a USPS number?

Hopefully that might be of some help to you.

Your number probably is a DHL number. They have a service called "at home" for residential delivery. The package is shipped via DHL to your local post office, then delivered to your home by the USPS.

In September I had a problem with an order from the Disney Store that was shipped this same way and neither DHL or the USPS would take responsibility for the damaged box.

After spending a week and half dealing with those two agencies I finally called the DisneyStore Customer Service and explained the problem to them. Initially they referred me back to DHL, I tried one more time with DHL (who referred me back to the USPS again!) then called DisneyStore a second time. I told them I would be disputing the charge on my credit card since the box was damaged and 1 item missing and the other damaged.

Fortunately in my case the Disney Store sent out a replacement shipment.

If DHL cannot help you, then I would suggest you do the same thing and tell Hotwire Savings Club that you will disputing the charge on your card since you never rec'd the passes.

Oh, thank you!!!!! You have made my day. It was indeed a DHL number and the package has been sitting at a PO the next town over since yesterday morning. Wahoo!

The SW tix appears to have been sent through regular first class mail - I just double-checked the envelope - so I never questioned that another delivery method might be used. The CS rep certainly never suggested it.

You - and this entire board - are awesome. Thanks again.

Glad to see that it all worked out. The only reason that I remembered about DHL is that I had an evelope sitting here on my desk and thought I wonder if that the reason.

Have a wonderful trip!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter