My Hilton Head Trip Report

JohnDaleswife

Sharing the same birthday with Donald Duck!
Background- a trip for just me and my husband. Literally last minute, booked one week before. Had hardly any time to research hardly anything. This is not me, but I thought I would try it out. The dates were 3/3-3/6. We did like it so much though that we convinced our kids to return with us in October instead of going to the world. We are not DVC members and were considered guest. Great rate of $123 a night.

Check-in/Room- check-in was a breeze. All cast members were beyond friendly!! Got studio number 1212 and loved the location. A marsh view. The room was cleaned well when we got there and every day after that! Being steps from the laundry was unbelievable!

Resort- loved the vibe of the resort. Very Port Orleans-Riverside feel. Very small. No elevators for any of the rooms except for building 11 and 12. I can't imagine having a second floor room with no elevator access. So if you are in a 1 or 2 bedroom, request the lowest floor even though you will still have steps, just not two floors of them. Loved the hot tub and pool. The slide was so fun! Didn't get much use of the pool because the temps were very cool.

The gift shop there was very small, was thinking it should be a little bigger but it sufficed. At the entrance of the resort they always have someone out front waving with the big Mickey hands. I thought it was cute but my husband got annoyed with them after day one. This was our first trip staying at a DVC property and I just loved being able to use free laundry! I know that I did at least $20 worth of laundry there. I didn't get to meet the dog, Shadow. Very disappointed with that. She has scheduled meet and greets and our dates and times missed them. Oh well. Also, I must admit, I missed not having Magic Bands!! Wish they used them.

Loved the Mickey waffles for breakfast we had for a couple of the mornings we were there. Had the steak and cheese sandwich at the Beach House and it was great. Along with a Dole Whip. There were several of the buildings that were closed during our trip for construction. They were putting new shingles on the roof. But this had no impact on us at all. We were there during a VERY slow time, so I am sure there is a lot more hustle and bustle there during the busy months. It was like there was hardly anyone else there at times.

Activities/Eats- we rented a couple of bikes one day and loved riding around the resort and the island. So much fun. We also took in a dolphin tour with a local vendor. Was a bit too cool and had rather done that with warmer temps. Looking to do an alligator tour in October. Loved eating at the Crazy Crab and Charbar Co. Will be a must do each trip!!!!

I will say that I am not finding near as much info on the Dis and other places about Hilton Head. I am planning to go back in October with my family and I am really doing a lot more research. But, I have plenty of time, this next go around.

Last edited:

Thank you for sharing this! Love the photos! I agree that there isn't enough written about HH! We are going there for 5 nights this coming August and I'll definitely write a trip report when I get back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter