My heart is breaking...

Lord hear our prayers. Please stay close to Dave and his family during this trying time. Shower Dave with all of our love and prayers as he walks toward you. Keep his memory strong and alive within the hearts and minds of his children. God Bless Dave.

Forgive me if I missed something, but I was wondering how Dave is doing. It took me a while to find the thread.

luv2boys,
I have come across your son's site. I am glad he is doing so well. I have been checking in on caringbridge kids ever since Allie Scott.

Ashley

Dave is still hanging in there. The grind of caring for him is wearing on the family, as it is hard to endure the day to day tasks. They need your prayers now more than ever, as it is really difficult to know how much time is left. Just a little growth in the tumor on his brain stem can have a huge impact in his functioning. The family is at peace with the future, and is ready to have this time past them.

Thanks so much sammatt for keeping us posted on Dave and his family - I had an email from DAID asking how he and the family were doing.
Many thoughts and prayers are going up their way.
Hugsssssssssssss always
Shirley and Norm

sammatt said:
Dave is still hanging in there. The grind of caring for him is wearing on the family, as it is hard to endure the day to day tasks. They need your prayers now more than ever, as it is really difficult to know how much time is left. Just a little growth in the tumor on his brain stem can have a huge impact in his functioning. The family is at peace with the future, and is ready to have this time past them.

As one who had to help provide daily care for my terminally ill father, I can tell you that the physical and mental toil is rough. Our prayers go up for Dave and his family that God will strengthen them and comfort them.

Continuing our prayers. Hope the family and Dave are doing okay. Thank you for continuing to update us. May God be with them.

I'll be adding Dave and his family in my prayers. I lost my dad when I was 19 and know how difficult is to live without him and I was bigger than them.
God always help!!

We just received an e-mail with the inevitable news - Dave passed away July 22nd. There weren't alot of details given, but evidently his church had a praise/memorial service that lasted better than four hours. Please continue to remember his family in all your prayers. If I get any more details I'll be sure to pass them along to all of you. God bless.
Chris

God bless Dave and his family.

God bless Shirley, the DAID, castmembers and other DISers who helped make their cruise a memory they could cherish forever.

"Hello, and thanks for checking in! Dave passed away on Saturday, July 22nd at home. While it was difficult to have him go, he and his family were ready, and there was only about 1 week of extreme difficulties. The memorial service was amazing, and lasted about 4 hours...a great testament to his life and faith.

Dave's wife is handling things well..as best as can be expected when you lose your husband and have 4 kids to take care of. god is carrying her through. She struggles with the land mines that pop up unexpectedly and bring thoughts of him. but that will be the case for a long time. After all, she lost her best friend. So, the family can definitely still use your thoughts and prayers.

Lisa"

The certainly have ours. God bless.

Chris

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter