My heart is breaking...

Hi Shirley! It's 6:50 am here....I'll give you a call when I get my kiddos dressed and ready for school. (well, at least one of them...the other came down with strep throat yesterday :rolleyes2 )I have all of the info. to give you.

Please tell Dave all of our hopes and prayers are with him. We'd love to help them enjoy these days to their fullest. I understand they still call the medical profession a "practice" rather than an exact "science". Therefore, hope reigns supreme.

God bless!
Chris

We are sailing on the same cruise as Dave and his family. We of course are keeping he and his family in our thoughts and prayers. Wish there was something more we could do.
Dee Dee

Another one from the May 6th sailing here. Dave will definitely be in our thoughts.

What can we do? I'd love to help out with stateroom gifts or onboard credit. Please PM me if you'd be comfortable with that.

Indeed, hope does reign supreme. 2 years ago they gave Dave less than a year to live. That he has made it this far is a miracle. My hope is that he will continue to outlive their expectations, so he may enjoy this time with his family, and that his family will have more treasured moments with him.

jcfowler said:
Please tell Dave all of our hopes and prayers are with him. We'd love to help them enjoy these days to their fullest. I understand they still call the medical profession a "practice" rather than an exact "science". Therefore, hope reigns supreme.

God bless!
Chris

Another one from the May 6th sailing here. Lots of prayers going out to Dave and his precious family. :grouphug:

It is wonderful that Dave is able to go with his family and they will be able to spend time together and hopefully have an enjoyable time. I will be keeping them in my prayers, and maybe a miracle will occur while onboard. pixiedust:

How devastating for Dave and his family. Here's hoping and praying this cruise will bring them many memories to last for all of their lifetimes.

Thanks for sharing this.

I myself lost a four year old daughter a few years ago with no warning, no extra days to say I love you or times to hug a little longer, tighter. I would have given anything to have had another few weeks to squeeze in more memories but it was not to be for us. I have learned that in this life you really do need to count each day with your family as a blessing. Always remember even the most stressful trying day with your family is better then one without them.

Please know this family will be in my thoughts. I think while this family is in a horrible situation it is a beautiful thing they are trying to make happy memories for their children. If there is somewhere that an account has been set up that we can donate towards the cost of their vacation or any other things they may need during this time please pm me with the info. I would be honored to help.

Such sad news.....so young & such young children. I'm so very sorry to hear this. My Mom had a friend whose son had a brain tumor & he lived for over 15 years after his diagnosis. He was diagnosed when he was in his 30's. At least he got to see his children grow up but it was still tragic. He came so close to losing his battle so many times but each time he was able to pull thru, until the last time of course. :sad: Unfortunately, they never left town to take a lasting memories vacation. I'm so glad your friend is able to make this trip.

Here's wishing for miracles for Dave.

I can already envision the pixie dust that Shirley is sprinkling with her magic wand. pixiedust: What a special heart you have Shirley. :goodvibes

Make sure dave and his family see Disney Dreams. All you need is faith, trust, and pixie dust pixiedust: :tink:

To our dearest D.A.I.D and his/her helpers - I know or I do believe you take to heart all that is said in these threads and know that you most likely have picked up the needs of this special family and knowing from the past, the kindness, compassion, love shown to so many to help create loving and lasting, that you and your helpers will make this time for this family to create some memorable memories for each of them.
Thanking you in advance.
Always your buddy
Shirley and Norm

ps to the board - nope I do not know who DAID is, but I know he/she does exist and I know that someday he/she will be blessed big time

My thoughts and prayers go out to this family.

I hope they have the fantasic holiday they deserve.

Sending pixiedust:

xx

As a mother of 3 young children my heart is also breaking for Dave and his family.

Sending much Aloha and :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: !

If there is anyway I can help out please let me know.

Aloha,
Jen

Love, prayers and strength to that precious family.
I hope they have a wonderful time, and are showered in pixie dust and wonderful memories.

You have all showered this family with love and support today. Please remember to do so in the upcoming weeks. I'll keep y'all posted on how things go. You've also blessed me big time today, feeling like I can do some little part to help their time that is left together. You are a huge encouragement and blessing!

Will add Dave and his family to my nightly prayer list. God's blessing, peace and comfort to all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter