• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My HAPPY Place.....when I'm not...

So you moved the stove to the other side of the kitchen? I definitely like it better without the wall, but then again that was one of my caviats in looking for a home, the kitchen and family room needed to be combined.

I love the white cabinets over the dark ones, they look great and so much more modern!

The other area, did you call it a patio? Looked great too, is that something insulated that you can use in the winter as well? The house looks great! You guys are doing so much better on your place than we are!

So you moved the stove to the other side of the kitchen? I definitely like it better without the wall, but then again that was one of my caviats in looking for a home, the kitchen and family room needed to be combined....

...my DH wanted to vent the range hood directly outside, so we decided to move the oven to that other wall....turns out, there was already a venting system that was hidden in the ceiling going directly outside! Who knew? :confused3

ranandaj said:
I love the white cabinets over the dark ones, they look great and so much more modern!
...and I really love the simple lines of the shaker cabinets....

franandaj said:
The other area, did you call it a patio? Looked great too, is that something insulated that you can use in the winter as well? The house looks great! You guys are doing so much better on your place than we are!

...my neighbor told us that, years ago, it was actually an open back porch that the previous owners closed up. However, it wasn't a very good job, because there was no insulation on the walls and the sliding glass doors [where the double-hung window now is] were doors to NOWHERE! The outside walls were previously covered with a cheap white clapboard-type siding. When my DH and DS removed that, they insulated and installed that newer gray siding with a higher R-rating of insulation....

Absolutely stunning. I love the blue with the white cabinets. And that sink - I love it and want one myself.

....that was my one 'must-have'....everything else was icing on the cake.

That remodel is gorgeous. Your previous kitchen wasn't bad but the white makes it appear to be bigger and brighter. Someone has excellent taste. :)

....that's what everyone who has seen it in person seems to say...they can't get over how much larger it seems, especially without the wall...

ApplauseSmiley.gif

Cudos to you and your team of minions on a gorgeous renovation!

WOW !! How beautiful your new kitchen is going to be !! Your DH surely is an excellent artist !!How fast you could "bump" into your new kitchen !!!
Love your news !!! :lovestruc

WOW !! How beautiful your new kitchen is going to be !! Your DH surely is an excellent artist !!How fast you could "bump" into your new kitchen !!!
Love your news !!! :lovestruc
.....pardon my confusion....:scratchin.....it's finished and I have been cooking up a storm in it!

Last edited:
Your house really has turned out stunning. I love the open plan kitchen living area.

Corinna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter