My Grandchildren just won't eat Japanese Food!

disney's daughter

DIS Veteran
Ten of us will be going to Disney next year. Out of my four grandchildren, three just don't like Japanese food...but, all of them love watching the "action" that goes along with preparing the meal....Unlike the other restuarants, the Japansese and Chinese restaurants do not offer other options for the children such as the chicken fingers and macaroni and cheese.
Is it out of the question to request something else besides the traditional food? All the rest of us love eating at that restaurant...I just can't justify spending all that money for the kids to just waste the food..... :rotfl:

Well, Teppanyaki serves chicken and steak...it would be grilled, but from what I understand it doesn't sound very exotic to get something like that. I would suggest letting them share with the adults that order something like this. If they don't like it, get them cheap counter service after you leave.

Teppanyaki is pretty much plain meats unless you use the sauces. You can always ask for plain chicken with no sauce. Perhaps they cound bring in something from Tempura Kiku for you, tempura pretty much tastes like chicken nuggets to me!

We were given permission by the CM's at the Teppanyaki hostess stand to bring in french fries from the American pavillion's counter service for our youngest dd (7 yo at the time), because she would eat the hibachi chicken, but nothing else. We were in the area a couple of hours prior to our PS, and I just went up the stairs and asked if it would be okay. They were more than happy to allow it. :)

It never hurts to ask.

The same dd, now 10 yo, would now pick Teppanyaki's offerings over burgers and fries anyday.

I get tempura chicken and share some chicken with my kids. I tell them it's japanese nuggets! At the Chinese restaurant the honey sesame chicken starts with a breaded chicken breast, so I get that without any sauce, and they split it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter