my friend's son killed himself last night

disgal1

Mouseketeer
He was 20. I have known him his whole life. He and my son grew up together and were friends until this past summer. The boy got really messed up with drugs.
He had a fight with his girlfriend, she left, and when she returned, he was dead. shot himself.

My son and all the boys that grew up together, are all feeling so much guilt, they feel as though they should have been able to stop him. they tried an intervention re the drugs, but that didn't work.

Nick ( the boy who died) carried the burden of his own father commiting suicide when he was 12. He spent the night with us that night, and kept feeling that if he had been home, his dad wouldn't have done that.
He was never the same after that.

I know there is nothing anyone can really say, Just if you can remember Nick's family and his friends with a prayer, I would really appreciate it so much.

We heard last night as we were finishing dinner, and unwrapping a few gifts. I'll never be able to hear white Christmas again after that phone call.

I was with his mom this morning, and the pain she was going through was unbearable. His gifts all under the tree unopened, .

Just please send prayers for all of those who cared about Nick. Especially his mother Judy
thank you all.
christy

That is so tragic. I will keep them in my prayers, and your family as well. :grouphug:

:sad1: Sometimes this time of year makes ones thoughts go even deeper and suicide rates jump during the holidays. Not that this makes anything better for your son or his friend's family. My heart goes out to everyone. This is such a tragic event that will never be forgotten by all of those who cared for this young man. Drugs can really do a number on you.. many turn to it because they see no other way out of problems in life. What they don't see is, it makes it worse. :sad1: The "interventions" on TV are just that, TV shows, in real life, it doesn't work out that great. My heart really breaks for this young mans family. :sad1:

I am so sorry. Prayers and good thoughts for you all.

We lost our oldest son last December and it is a terrible loss at any time, but the holidays just make it so much worse. Tell your son and his friends to keep in touch with Nick's family. So many of our son's friends have called and stopped by just to check in on us and it really helps. To know he was loved by so many people and even though he's gone to know that love lives on is very important.

We also had to deal with the unopened gifts last year. Anything that we knew could be donated (household goods, clothing, etc.) we gave away. He had his own house and we found a family that needed the furniture except for a few pieces that certain family members wanted. Everyone deals with things differently, but it might help his mom to know she is helping someone else.

So sad! My middle sons best friend killed himself a few years ago. It is horrible to say the least. I will keep you all in my prayers.

I agree with the PP - stay in touch with that family forever! My uncle committed suicide a few years ago - we had just lost my grandfather in October and he hung himself a few days before his birthday while my grandmother was out of town for a few days. She came home and had already bought his birthday stuff. The card stayed on her kitchen table for a long, long time. She lit a candle every night to remember him. She loves when his old friends send her cards letting her know they still think about him. We now have a memorial golf tournament with his friends and co-workers every year to remember him. His family needs to know that he is no longer suffering - unfortunately they are in such a state of hopelessness that all they can think of is ending their pain and they don't think of the affect that it will have on their surviving friends and family. My dh grew up with someone who shot herself and she recorded a goodbye message to her mom - she didn't turn off the camera though and the gunshot is on the video.

I keep them, and you and your family, in my prayers. We lost a young man, a co-worker, just about two months ago the same way. No one knew he had any serious issues but he did leave a letter. His mom is just beside herself that she didn't see a problem but he was very good at keeping himself to himself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter