My friend is having triplets! Any good samples/freebies???

Tigger113

DIS Veteran
Oh my! I just found out that my good friend is having triplets~ :cool1:
She already has 2! So I thought I would find out for her if there are any good baby samples/freebies?
Thanks so much!

Tell her to check into different companies like Johnson and Johnson and Pampers and such - they often have a TON of freebies for mom's of twins or more. Another thing she can ask her ped about is formula. I know for a fact Enfamil will give her a free case of formula for each baby...and I THINK Similac will do the same. I read an article in Parents magazine about all the free stuff mom's can get (this was probably 3+ years ago) so she might want to contact them to see what else they can refer her to.

She should be eligible for a lot of great free stuff with triplets! WOW! Congratulations to her!

Oh - I want to mention one more thing that you can pass onto her - but it really applies to all moms. Don't hesitate to ask your ped for samples! I work in a peds office and I dole out formula like nobody's business because all I have to do is call the rep and ask for more and they send me a case or more. Even if your baby is on a more expensive formula your peds office should have samples they can give you. I even ask my ped for samples! It saves a little $$$ and they get it for free anyway...

Visit www.twinsmagazine.com and there is a thread with freebies. Also, www.tripletconnection.com is a great resource for triplet parents. Look on one of the first message boards. We realized it is really much cheaper to buy store brand diapers or even better is cloth. Store brands are quite a bit cheaper than name brand even with a coupon (even Luvs). You don't save money buying a truckload of diapers from Sam's Club either. I calculate the price per diaper, and it is the same. Pampers and Huggies are $0.19/diaper and Luvs are $0.16. Store brand are $0.11. Using the best name brand coupon will only put you even with the Luvs price. I even bought store brand formula at times. I pumped breast milk for the first 5 months and your friend probably will too. Our insurance reimbursed us for a hospital grade Ameda pump rental. WE also bought an Ameda portable pump on eBay for a fraction of new and our insurance company reimbursed us for that too. She should talk to the formula companies and her ped about free formula. Our pedi would get cases for us. It is not necessary to buy three of everything. People will give her lots of used things -- accept them and don't worry that they don't "match." She will appreciate the variety. Oh, and shop eBay for formula. It sells very cheaply. We buy DD's Pediasure this way, and it is much cheaper than in the store. We bought many cans of formula from eBay (cheaper than store brand).

The Twins magazine website is a good one to find freebie deals.
Also, this website is for a mom (Lesa) of triplets (I think they are almost 2 years old now). She's really nice, has some great info on her webpage, and is great about emailing anyone who wants info...your friend should check it out:
http://www.angusandthetriplets.com/
This advice page on her website has great info as well as some "freebies" info:
http://www.angusandthetriplets.com/Advice.htm

Tell her congrats! I have twins---raising multiples is such an amazing roller coaster ride! I'm so blessed! :goodvibes

The above posters have really given some great suggestions that I would have her check out. As a mom of triplets, I know she is in for a huge life change, it's truly an amazing blessing!

There a list on momviews.com of multiple birth offers with numbers to contact the companies. babiesrus and toys r us gives 10% discount when you purchase 2 or more of large items; carseats etc.

When I had twins 17 months ago, alot of the major companies sent free stuff as well as coupons to use. Check out their websites and most will ask for copies of birth certificates before they send you the stuff. Good luck to your friend! :)

Great sites listed. Tell her congrats from another mom of triplets! The Triplet connection and MOST are fantastic places for information/message boards for pregnant moms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter