My fp+ window opens tonight? any advice?

kiapepito

DIS Veteran
so... the moment I've been waiting for over 400+ days is finally here and now I am starting to panic a bit about tonight.. first time visitor to Disneyworld. I have an idea of what fpasses I would like to have but for it to be available.. I have no idea.. is it pretty easy to navigate? Two adults and a 6 and 3 year old so of course we will be taking advantage of rider swap. any other pointers or advice? Thank you!

I recommend looking at the first posts in both links in my signature. We currently do not know at what time the window will open tonight due to the 24-hour MK day today.

read's MesaBoy's awesome thread - the first posts are so valuable.
have a priority list and a general idea of what times you want and it should go pretty smoothly.
just remember - you can change the times they suggested after you accept a suggested bundle.
I was nervous, but it turned out to be a breeze.

Read that excellent thread for sure. I read up a lot on it before I had to do it, and I was pretty stressed out, but it worked out fine.

Remember to make sure you select 3 FPs - even if you don't want all 3. Remember that Disney is going to give you some limited choices. Take the best one of those, but then you can go back and adjust the times of the FPs individually. You are not stuck with what they offer you, but you must accept an offer so you can go to the next step of "fine tuning" your times.

And if you can't get everything you want tonight (or tomorrow morning), don't panic. I found better availability a few days into my 60 day window, so anything is possible.

I was wondering if the 24 hour event would come into play... Just my luck! Do we find out at midnight when I attempt or do they post a message?

I was wondering if the 24 hour event would come into play... Just my luck! Do we find out at midnight when I attempt or do they post a message?

Disney doesn't tell us squat. ;) I rely on others here to collect info like this. The only way you'll know is when it actually opens and allows you to book. I would expect it to open at the top of the hour, we just don't know which hour.

Remember to make sure you select 3 FPs - even if you don't want all 3. Remember that Disney is going to give you some limited choices. Take the best one of those, but then you can go back and adjust the times of the FPs individually. You are not stuck with what they offer you, but you must accept an offer so you can go to the next step of "fine tuning" your times.

And if you can't get everything you want tonight (or tomorrow morning), don't panic. I found better availability a few days into my 60 day window, so anything is possible.

This is all good advice. Pick one of the limited (and sometimes awful) choices for the FPs, you can always go back and adjust tonight or tomorrow or later. If you're 60 days out, you should be able to get everything. Sounds like you have a general plan for each day for rides and timeframes, the better you plan what you want now, the quicker it will go at midnight or 1am.

When you are tweaking the times, you can only do one at a time, and the FP return hours cannot overlap, so that can be a pain. I wanted my 3 FP in the morning 10am/11am/12pm, it was easier for me to select a choice that had all 3 FP in the afternoon, because then I could move them to the morning slots I wanted with nothing in the way.

I was able to book everything I needed including the surprise fp to Anna and Elsa. My girl's will be excited!! Not too bad but it was helpful to have my brother alongside me!

I was able to book everything I needed including the surprise fp to Anna and Elsa. My girl's will be excited!! Not too bad but it was helpful to have my brother alongside me!

Congrats! So it opened up at midnight then? Did your brother have MDE open at the same time as you with both of you online booking? Glad all went well!

Thank you! Yes it opened at midnight! My brother stood by me and read off our list and touring plan as we had to adjust! We were really into it and kept high fiving as times adjusted!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter