My FP+ Park Strategy WILL SAVE ME ALMOST $20,000!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see them being driven away from posting. Why do you suppose LT hasn't done the follow up as promised? Sorry, but I'm being stalked and my posts are being reported because I criticize Disney. I am no longer able to joke with another poster because of this. When I say something critical, I am called out for complaining. Are you experiencing the same?

Me personally? No, I haven't had that happen. I have seen other posters who make a comment about how much they enjoyed a recent visit, and especially if they mention that FP+ was a benefit, be attacked as "not knowing any better" or "just seeing Disney through rose-colored glasses" in the threads to the point where their follow-on post contains a message to the effect of "If I'd realized how negative people were I would have never posted." (And in honesty, the times I've seen this it was always from a poster with a low post count, so I won't rule out that it could be someone baiting people who have different opinions).

So, while I have not had what you described happen to me, yes I have seen others driven away.

Not being a regular poster on the boards, I do not know what you posted that was flagged, nor do I know who might do such a thing. I look at the DisBoards as a community where we should be able to come together to enhance our Disney experiences without being attacked for our differences, regardless of which side we may be on. Whether the attack is in the thread, or through the reporting mechanism of the boards.

Not being a regular poster on the boards, I do not know what you posted that was flagged, nor do I know who might do such a thing. I look at the DisBoards as a community where we should be able to come together to enhance our Disney experiences without being attacked for our differences, regardless of which side we may be on. Whether the attack is in the thread, or through the reporting mechanism of the boards.

Great statement and I wholeheartedly agree. I do not tell people they are wrong for loving FP+. That's not my place. I like to discuss the issues, not the person.

Based on my previous experiences, my previous post to you will more than likely be reported.

Recently, I have been reported for joking with other posters. One such incident involved LT and there was no rancor involved. Both of us knew it. But the stalkers have decided it's a perfect opportunity to report me. You see, it's not about being reported for some type of real attack. It's about persecution for having a differing viewpoint, the goal it to get me banned.

Great statement and I wholeheartedly agree. I do not tell people they are wrong for loving FP+. That's not my place. I like to discuss the issues, not the person.

Based on my previous experiences, my previous post to you will more than likely be reported.

Recently, I have been reported for joking with other posters. One such incident involved LT and there was no rancor involved. Both of us knew it. But the stalkers have decided it's a perfect opportunity to report me. You see, it's not about being reported for some type of real attack. It's about persecution for having a differing viewpoint, the goal it to get me banned.

And I would say that this is the wrong attitude for anyone to have.

:offtopic:
Speaking briefly of FP+, I started going to WDW just before the change-over and never fully utilized traditional FP there. Last week I was at DL, and actually have to say I prefer FP+ over the regular FP. I will absolutely grant that FP+ is not perfect and does not work well for everyone, but for me and how I tour FP+ is preferable to traditional FP.

And I would say that this is the wrong attitude for anyone to have.

:offtopic:
Speaking briefly of FP+, I started going to WDW just before the change-over and never fully utilized traditional FP there. Last week I was at DL, and actually have to say I prefer FP+ over the regular FP. I will absolutely grant that FP+ is not perfect and does not work well for everyone, but for me and how I tour FP+ is preferable to traditional FP.
I think it also depends on when your'e visiting DLR. FP+ would be beneficial on high crowd days, but I always visit when the crowd levels are 3-4 and no FP is required. I think we used maybe 2 FP's for the whole 3 days. If you ever get the chance try it when the crowds are low. I love park hopping at DLR too.

I don't see them being driven away from posting. Why do you suppose LT hasn't done the follow up as promised? Sorry, but I'm being stalked and my posts are being reported because I criticize Disney. I am no longer able to joke with another poster because of this. When I say something critical, I am called out for complaining. Are you experiencing the same?

A similar thing is happening to me.

I do not think one side is being silenced more than another.
I think all sides are having posts disappear.
I think this is happening because people are sick of reading these same debates over and over and over and over....

Last edited:
This is the very definition of Unintended Consequences.
It certainly is.

I posted in another thread a couple of weeks ago about how WDW is losing about $10,000 a year from my family because of FP+.

We skipped WDW all together last year and did more beach time and a full week at US/IOA and Sea World, plus vacationed outside of Florida for a week.

This year we're only going back because I have business in the area and instead of our usual 10k+ trip we'll skate out well under 5k.

So as a direct, or unintended, consequence of FP+ WDW has lost $15,000 in 18 months off my family alone.

The OP and I aren't the only ones who've had the Disney colored shades pulled from our eyes.

The more people like me who stop dropping loads of cash at WDW are going to make prices at the parks sky rocket as Disney tries to make that money up off of everyone else.

I think it also depends on when your'e visiting DLR.

That is probably true at any park. But I teach, so am limited to being able to go when school is not in session. Or at least for the next 16 years until I retire. ;-)

FP+ would be beneficial on high crowd days, but I always visit when the crowd levels are 3-4 and no FP is required. I think we used maybe 2 FP's for the whole 3 days.

I didn't need FP for most of what I did. Other than RSR and Screamin' I didn't notice many of the attractions having more than an hour wait. Not saying that they weren't longer than that, just that I didn't notice them. Where I found myself missing the FP+ was on my last day, I was trying to get pictures and autographs of some of the characters in DL, but still wanted to ride Screamin' one last time. So, I definitely wanted to avoid standing in the line for an hour if possible, but still trying to fit the ride and characters in around the Aladdin show, teh 4 pm Soundsational Parade, and Fantasmic!. Every time I checked on the return times, it was conflicting with the show and then the parade. I finally managed to get a FP time that fit after the parade and before Fantasmic!, but it required multiple trips to either Guest Services or the distribution area to check the return times - which took time away from doing what I would have preferred doing. I think the only FP's I used the entire week were ToT (4x, cause it's my favorite), RSR once, Anna and Elsa, Indiana Jones, Space Mountain, and Screamin' that one time. Also, I think the only rides I did more than once were ToT, Space Mountain, and Screamin' (5, 2 and 2, over five days, though ToT was closed the first 2 days I was there).

And I think that is where/how FP+ works well for me. I'm not that much of a repeat rider on anything. Even ToT, I got most of those FP for re-rides because I was hanging out there at the intersection waiting for my A&E time, Sulley, the Incredibles, and the Aladdin show to start.

If you ever get the chance try it when the crowds are low. I love park hopping at DLR too.

I would love to try sometime when crowds are low, and you are right - park hopping at DLR is much nicer than at WDW. Although what I found myself doing was spending a morning in one park, hop to the other for the afternoon (or go back to the room for nap), then the other park for the evening. (either Park 1, Park 2, Park 1 again, or Park 1, nap, Park 2).

So, again attack the poster and not the argument? If people are sick of reading these posts, why don't they walk away and focus their attention elsewhere rather than stalking the posters they disagree with? I don't understand it, but your last statement clearly provides the reasons for the stalking. Sick of reading a differing opinion? Report the poster. Sick of reading a differing opinion? Try to find inconsistencies in previous posts, so that the poster can be proven to be a liar.

Let me ask you something . Are you on here because you are interested in this particular thread or are you here because you saw that I posted on it?

That was just my guess on why people are being reported. Please don't take my speculation so seriously.

This will be my 20th post on this thread. If you think I'm here because of you then you're sorely mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter