• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My First WDW trip I had the CREEPIEST experience

I was in Orlando for work a few years ago, and I was able to do one day at the parks. At 10:30, I went to CoP and was there with just a small family. That was pretty odd, but not as goofy as ending up on Journey to Imagination as the only person in a string of cars. The CMs looked at me like "really? you want to ride this?" My wife and I also had the entire China movie to ourselves back in 2005 when January used to be really empty.

At Universal in 2008, I rode Jurassic Park with two other people (my wife was smart to skip it). This wasn't creepy, but I made the mistake of sitting closer to the front. It felt like the entire splash of water hit only me. The people in back were dry. Not a wise move in 60-degree weather!

No way would I go on Dinosaur alone. Still working on keeping my eyes open during the whole ride!

Several times! At last years MNSSHP most of the crowd split after Hallowishes due to torrential rains. We spent a good 20 mins hanging around with the Mad Hatter bc there was not another soul in that area. We decided to ride HM and were the only ones on the ride, and the last ones...the cm's walked out with us. We were also the last ones on Splash one night this trip, we were the only ones from start to finish from beginning of the line to the end of the ride; My dh and I have been the only ones walking through ToT que (the stretching room is beyond creepy at night w/just the cm's there); and I sat alone on the steps of Pecos Bill waiting for dh and dd to ride Splash and BTMRR over and over this year at MNSSHP...not another soul in that area...it was so cool, yet eerie...pretty dimly lit and Splash running empty car after empty car....

About a year ago the rest of the family wanted to go to DTD, so I dropped them off and went to the Studios. This was about 8pm, park closed at 10. My mission was to ride Star Tours over and over again as many times as I could. There were several times I just speed walked through the queue as nobody was waiting, but I always go put with a group.

Finally at the last ride I came through the line and the CM says, "You've been a frequent flyer tonight, how about a ride alone?" I was like :yay: So there I am, waiting at the Star Speeder by myself and the CM comes by and opens the doors, no spiel. So I step in and take the middle seat middle of the middle row. The doors shut, and you know it was kinda weird to be in there alone, me in all my geekdom. And yes, it's the one and only time I've been the Rebel Spy!!

Last year in November me and the kids found a great spot for the MSEP in Frontierland about 10 minutes before the parade. However, we weren't sure the parade was even happening because we was literally no other people within 50 feet of us. We even asked a CM if the parade was happening. We stood there and stood there and nobody came near us. There was one solitary lady opposite us. Finally the music pre-parade announcements came on and it eventually came. Almost every character and dancer waved to us and the small snails and ladybugs came over and beeped at us. It was hilarious.

Once at ropedrop, I was able to get to HM quite quickly, and rode a doombuggy all by myself. (That wasn't the creepy part.) The creepy part was at the end of the ride, I asked to go on again, and they just let me go through, didn't ask me to get off the buggy. Well, the short ride between the exit area to the entry platform was very dark; and being all alone, I felt the heebie-jeebies :scared: Next time, I'll definitely just exit and go through the queue again.

During my CP, my roommates and I headed to MK the day we got our passes. There were families ahead of us and then a couple of people we didn't know around our age. After the families got on, they held us all back a bunch of cars (~6-8 I'd say) and I swear they lowered the lights. We were all paranoid they were messing with us and would jump out somewhere during the ride.

This happened to my family at the Haunted Mansion. The park was closing, and we decided to run into HM one last time. We were the ONLY ones in the entire ride from start to finish. The CM's stayed in character the entire time. It was kind of freaky...:crazy2:

Great thread!!

At MVMCP in 2001, me, my DH and DS's wanted to do one more ride before midnight, so we headed over to POC. We were literally the only people walking through the queue, which felt kind of strange. We arrive at the boat area and were seated in our own boat. Empty boats ahead of us and empty boats behind. As we left the ride I definitely had the heebie jeebies!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

This is why I couldn't ever do Disney solo. I love these stories, but if I ever found myself all alone on a ride, I think I would have a panic attack. :scared:

This happened to me in April. I did RD at MK, did a couple rides in Fantasyland and then made my way over to Splash. It was down, so I grabbed a FP and decided to head over to PotC. By this time, you'd think there would be plenty of people in line, yeah? Nope. Got an entire boat ALL to myself. Totally weird but a lot of fun!

I did not think it was possible to exit this attraction once it started. I got stuck in there once, and we could not leave for quite awhile, until the CMs got us out. We heard the same scene over and over, it was quite funny to hear the audience saying the lines with the animatronics.

There are exit doors at the back right of each section of the theater. Now, if you stand up the CMs will ask you to sit down as the ride can move at any moment, but I suppose no one was watching or cared due to the low ride occupancy.

It most certainly is NOT okay to exit the theater for ANY reason unless it is a true emergency at Carousel of Progress. There are two cameras in every show car. If any guest opens the door, it will trigger an intrusion alarm and cause an automatic emergency stop. The turnstiles cast member is then required to RAC (Ride Access Control) out by taking an orange hasp and a lock and place it through a hole on the E-Stop button. They also have to put their Blue Cast Member ID in the location of the lock. They then have to run around the carousel to make sure there aren't any guests backstage CoP or backstage Magic Kingdom and they exited safely, as they often are gone before the turnstiles Cast Member gets to them.

If they are back within 30 seconds of the 4:30 mark when the carousel rotates, the Cast Member will spiel to remain seated as motion will resume immediately and proceed to jog the carousel to the next scene. If they are back with under 4:00 on the lock, you will be required to see the same scene again. If another guests exits, this will cause another intrusion and the same RAC procedures will need to take place from the turnstiles Cast Member. If this happens a third time, a manual emergency stop will be activated and a Coordinator or Guest Service Manager will be called and an evacuation will take place. A Coordinator may decide to give Readds to the guests in the remaining show cars, however it is not guaranteed.

Nearly every attraction has an intrusion sensor. Don't mess with them. We don't like running intrusions. It takes forever to put a hasp on, replace the lock with our Cast ID and lock the lock to the hasp around the E-Stop button, only to run the entire track of the attraction. This takes time and our attractions can close and/or be evacuated for extended periods of time. Be thoughtful to your fellow guests and to us, or don't bother coming to the Walt Disney World Resort. It isn't as magical as you think.

No way would I go on Dinosaur alone. Still working on keeping my eyes open during the whole ride!

Riding Dinosaur alone wasn't near as bad as riding Mummy alone. When you are on Mummy alone it feels like he is talk directly to you (threatening to take your soul:rotfl:).

This is why I couldn't ever do Disney solo. I love these stories, but if I ever found myself all alone on a ride, I think I would have a panic attack. :scared:

Oh, I love my solo trips. I love being able to do what I want, when I want. I love doing backstage tours, taking my time wandering the trails at AK, or riding some rides over and over, whereas my husband is perfectly happy riding them once and then moving on and couldn't care less about backstage tours. As an annual passholder I love going to Disney 4-6 times a yeat but my husband is not near the Disney fanatic that I am, so I can only get him down there 1-3 times a year. Thank goodness he encourages my solo trips.

I was at Disneyland this past August and the Snow White Ride was totally empty one morning. I walked right on and was the ONLY one on it....the ride can be creepy anyway but WOW was it terrifying being on it all alone. I was close to having my first panic attack. Talk about eerie!!!

My daughter and I had a Star Tours vehicle all to ourselves last January. There were a few other people in line (not many), but the CM diverted them all to other ships and gave us our own. I don't know why, LOL, maybe he thought my dd was cute. ;) It was pretty awesome. I took a pic of the empty queue...

63704_4170957795533_972340377_n.jpg

At the very end of a MVMCP my then 3 year old niece wanted to ride Small World one last time....yep all by ourselves on that ride and I kept thinking those dolls were going to come alive at any moment. Should have never read the "Kingdom Keepers". Best part was we had a whole bus ride alone back to POP when we closed down the party. I think we all fell asleep until the driver turned the lights back on.

Ok, I've got one. Last 10 minutes of the MK on an EMH night, my DD wants to ride voyage of the little mermaid ( her favorite ride). 1st time around there are other people with us. 2nd time no one. 3rd time we give the CMs big puppy dog eyes and they let us go again. This time the ride stalls in front of Scuttle. He cocks his head to the side and says "Hey, you look familiar!" This totally freaks me out. For the rest of the ride I feel like all the characters' eyes are watching us as we go by.

A couple of years ago my husband and I took a trip in the Fall and we were at the Magic Kingdom pretty late so we headed over to PoTC and of course we started talking about George. Anyways he takes off to the right and I take off to the left line (before fastpasses) to see who could get on the boat first. When I got to front nobody and I mean nobody was there except the cm working. I almost took the chicken exit (not even sure if they have a chicken exit on PoTC). Sure enough I had my own boat plus the boat in front of me was empty. I seriously was freaked out thinking George was going to pop out or the ride was going to break down before the drop. I closed my eyes until I hit the town part. LOL!! Never again will ride that ride again alone!!

It most certainly is NOT okay to exit the theater for ANY reason unless it is a true emergency at Carousel of Progress. There are two cameras in every show car. If any guest opens the door, it will trigger an intrusion alarm and cause an automatic emergency stop. The turnstiles cast member is then required to RAC (Ride Access Control) out by taking an orange hasp and a lock and place it through a hole on the E-Stop button. They also have to put their Blue Cast Member ID in the location of the lock. They then have to run around the carousel to make sure there aren't any guests backstage CoP or backstage Magic Kingdom and they exited safely, as they often are gone before the turnstiles Cast Member gets to them.
s .

There is something niggling my mind about someone getting badly hurt or killed on the COP when it was rotating. Wonder if anyone remembers anything about it or what it was???? :confused3

And I agree, NO ONE is supposed to try to exit the ride once it starts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter