My First Vacation in 13 years!! (No, really)! *LOTS of Pictures!!!*

Which Christmas village house did you get - the one in the picture? My stepmother has a GINORMOUS D56 village. It takes her 3 or 4 days to get it all set up every year.

Are you ok after getting rear-ended?

I ended up getting a house from the North Pole village since it was the one that seemed to "speak" to me.

799918e.jpg

I saw this one and I had to have it. I've got this thing for Polar Bears!!! I hope by the time I'm an old woman I've got a village that takes days to set up, hahaha!

And thankfully I'm fine after my accident yesterday. I've got some whip lash but it could have been so much worse. Even the damage to my car was pretty minor, considering the force at which I was hit. Plus, the woman who hit me took full responsibility, so hopefully that doesn't raise my insurance rates since I had nothing to do with it. Oi, life sometimes, eh?

Loving it so far!! Gets me excited for my trip on Monday with by big sis for a grown up day...I think you enjoy DL more when your being silly and enjoying every aspect of it..excpet the rude CM..which you don't find very often!! Keep it coming!!

I am really enjoying your trip report. It is always so much better to be with people who make you laugh.:hippie:

Hi, I am an oregonian too! Loving your trip report, it looks like you had fun with the boys (I have traveled with guy friends and my best girl friends and I have to say I had more fun with the guys)! I can't wait to read more. I am taking my niece in December and getting soooo excited.

I ended up getting a house from the North Pole village since it was the one that seemed to "speak" to me.

799918e.jpg

I saw this one and I had to have it. I've got this thing for Polar Bears!!! I hope by the time I'm an old woman I've got a village that takes days to set up, hahaha!

And thankfully I'm fine after my accident yesterday. I've got some whip lash but it could have been so much worse. Even the damage to my car was pretty minor, considering the force at which I was hit. Plus, the woman who hit me took full responsibility, so hopefully that doesn't raise my insurance rates since I had nothing to do with it. Oi, life sometimes, eh?

I love this little house, where did you get it from please? It is gorgeous.

Oh - and totally loving your TR with all the pictures, looks like you had a blast

I love this little house, where did you get it from please? It is gorgeous.

I bought the house at Department 56. They sell all over the place so I'm sure you could find a store online that has their stuff. I was lucky enough to find the one I wanted actually AT the Department 56 store :goodvibes

What a great piece to start your village with! Very pretty.

Glad that you're ok and your car didn't get too much damage!

IMG_0274.JPG

Tim got the Mark Twain!

Mmmm, I'm so gonna get me one of those tomorrow.

Not very fitting since HE NEVER LET ME GO ON THE MARK TWAIN RIVERBOAT since it didn't have any big drops :sad2:

:lmao: Then I'll go on the Mark Twain just for you after I eat my Mark Twain!

I'm loving your trip report!

Sorry about getting rear ended. I need a bumber sticker that says "please do not bump the car in front of you" like on the Autopia. I went from having no accidents to being rear ended three times in a year! :scared1:

I was just checking in for more trip report....I hope you are going to share more popcorn:: You guys remind me so much of me and my best friend John, it cracks me up!

Oh I'm totally going to do more trip report!!! In fact, here's some more right now!

This is a continuation of day 2 of the trip, but day 1 of us actually in the theme parks. It was about mid-day now, we had just ridden Thunder Mountain Railroad and it was HOT. I hate hot weather, so this was really making me cranky.

We were all VERY unhappy it was so hot outside.
Poor Timmy.
IMG_0314.JPG

Poor Matty.
IMG_0315.JPG

Matt even ran out of water. It was getting kinda hopeless at this point.
IMG_0318.JPG

We're like, steps from the air conditioned building and we were stuck, melting, outside.

IMG_0319.JPG

I like Matt's shoes. A lot. They remind me of Charlie from Lost. Any Lost fans in this crowd?!

More interesting shots of the queue:
IMG_0321.JPG

IMG_0323.JPG

IMG_0331.JPG

It was pretty dark through the rest of Indiana Jones so I didn't take any more pictures, but man! What a fun ride. Matt got to be in the driver's seat.

So, I believe, earlier, when we had ridden Winnie The Pooh, we had been smart and grabbed fast passes for Splash Mountain before we ventured elsewhere. After we waited like 45 minutes for Indiana Jones, we had run out of water, it was time to brave Splash Mountain.

Now if you've been reading this trip report, you'll remember that, Splash Mountain scared the beejeevus out of me. When I was a kid I thought I was going to die on that ride. But I told my boys I would more than likely brave it for them. It was so hot I didn't really care anymore. I knew no one had ever died on that ride and it certainly wasn't going to be me, now a full grown woman. Plus I wanted to get wet. I was hot.

The ride was pretty enjoyable, although my heart was indeed racing the entire time because I had no idea exactly how long it was or when the drop occured. The boys TRIED to put me in the front seat, but I said the deal was, I was in the middle, sandwiched between them, or I wasn't going at all.

I did actually end up purchasing an 8x10 of this picture, so I don't feel bad for taking a snapshot of the screen. Here are the results:

Please notice Tim's expression. He's in the front.

And while I had fun and it was AMAZING to be soaking wet from this ride on a nasty hot day, this was my initial shock after the drop that scared me so badly:

Oh Matt. Always happy go-lucky.

I'm looking back at these pictures now and we were all over the place this first day, we didn't really plan this well. After Splash, we squished our way over to the Jungle Cruise
IMG_0347.JPG

Better make your choice and pick the right line!!
IMG_0351.JPG

I remember the jokes being a lot funnier when I was little. This one kinda feels like it needs to be updated. Maybe. A little bit.

We never did get any better at taking pictures of all 3 of us.

IMG_0355.JPG

We tried our darndest to find the magic lamp so we could.. rub it. We have a feeling it was in the building. And it was always roped off.

IMG_0356.JPG

Shrunken Ned!! This was like, the best .50 cents I spent in the parks. "For a long, happy life, eat whatever you want and don't worry about it. A waist is a terrible thing to mind." Yeah right dude. Show him my weight loss ticker.

IMG_0359.JPG

IMG_0360.JPG

I really wanted a picture of this window display without any reflections on it. But alas, that was clearly never going to happen.
IMG_0361.JPG

Timmy at the train station!

We thought this was a nice time to take a break, so we boarded the train around DL!

IMG_0363.JPG

It was still unbareably hot. I kinda wanted to go back to the room until dinner at the blue bayou at 5:30 and then stay until closing that night so we wouldn't be out in the sun. the boys didn't agree. I'll show you what we did instead, next time :)

Last edited:
Great TR! You guys look like you're having a ball! We also left for DL out of PDX ;-) LOL

I love how you are so young but begining your Christmas Village... :rotfl2: Be carefull.... here's what can happen before you know it!

No, DH did not have too much eggnog-it's just a bad pic!
Christmas2005008-1.jpg

That is NOT a store. It is my DMIL's house. ::yes::

anyway, thanks for the great report!

Keep up the good work! :dance3:

P.S. Sorry nobody took your picture... that kinds stinks.

Sorry it was so warm for your trip. I am taking my niece in December and am hoping it wont be too rainy or cold. I am so scared of going on Splash Mountain too! I promised my niece I would try to go and I am already nervous. I went once in Disneyworld and I wanted off! I love your Christmas Villiage house!

Oh MY GOODNESS Travelmel that Christmas Villiage is CRAZY, I have never seen anything like that. How long has she been puting that together?

Hey I am an Oregonian too!!!

Very much enjoying your TR! Can't wait for the next round! :)

Sorry it was so warm for your trip. I am taking my niece in December and am hoping it wont be too rainy or cold. I am so scared of going on Splash Mountain too! I promised my niece I would try to go and I am already nervous. I went once in Disneyworld and I wanted off! I love your Christmas Villiage house!

Oh MY GOODNESS Travelmel that Christmas Villiage is CRAZY, I have never seen anything like that. How long has she been puting that together?

She's been collecting for several years (only the area 151 or whatever it's called.) and her DH built the "city scape" for her display. It takes her quite awhile to set it up! The DD's always get to "make it snow" when they come by. :santa:

A) I watch "Lost" religiously (can't wait for it to come back on the air in another few months!). I don't know if I ever noticed Charlie's shoes while he was 'alive.' (That is a debate for the ages - whether they are 'alive' or not!)

B) I also DETEST heat - especially in the blazing sun of DLR, where it always seems hotter than in the 'real world.' I like cold. I like it in California/DLR when we are lucky enough to drop down to the 30's sometimes in December. I like to bundle up in comfy sweaters and coats to get warm and sip cocoa rather than feeling like I am going to pass out because I can't cool down fast enough no matter how much water I drink. And I drink a lot of water.

C) My friends and I are also really uncomfortable with big drops on rides, like on Splash Mountain. It took YEARS from my childhood fear of POTC for it to grow into one of my absolute favorite rides now! I still have one friend who won't go on POTC at all, and another friend who will ride it is still terrified of the drops and can't relax until they are over!

Oh, BTW, Rainforest, did you see the super cute Gum Drop People ornaments in the front display window of Dept. 56? Some of the gumdrops people were made up to look like little birds with beaks and feet and some were fish, etc. SO cute. That store has some great stuff in addition to the awesome Halloween village and the Christmas village.

Oh, and the Jungle Cruise, I notice, alternates in whether or not it is funny over the years. I have been on it some times where the CM's were sort of amusing and the whole 'shpiel' was kind of clever. Or they had a way of making it seem clever. The last times I was on it, however, it just seemed dumb and un-funny to me!

I am loving your trip report and can't wait for more. Looks like you had a great time.

Kay

How many days did you guys spend in the park total? I am going to be there from the 14th-19th of December so I am hoping we are able to get everything in. When we went 2 years ago I went home with quite a few things I was kicking myself for missing. I have had the trip booked and paid for since august but I am having a heck of a time finding a good deal on airfare out of PDX. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter