• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My first trip to WDW and DH's first time being arrested (Dec 2009)

Wow, I'm in disney world, the friends we made yesterday had to pick my husband up from jail today because his estranged brother of 3 years wanted to fight.

I would be sceptical about picking up a stranger from jail and transporting him to a hotel, while I'm on vacation in Disney. Must have been a good new -found friend.

I said it before and others have too, please, please don't keep the truth/fiction debate going, it will get this closed and the majority of us want to hear how it ends.

Is that ever neat! Now I feel really dumb thinking us canucks were the only ones calling it like that... :crazy:

I definetly don't call a drinking fountain a bubbler! Actually never heard that! If someone would have asked me where the bubbler was I would have been clueless!!!

In SE Wisconsin we call it a "bubbler." It's pretty much just us and, I think, Boston. Don't know why or how it came about, but it's been that way since long before I was born...

Everyone else in the world looks at us like we're crazy. :crazy:

I am a longtime lurker who has never posted, but this TR and the debate surrounding it has driven me to come out.

RigLee, it is evident that you have many people who are whole-heartily enjoying your trip report and would love for you to continue writing it. Much to your cheerleaders' delight, it seems as though you will. Good for you.

However, those who do not believe in its validity have a right to say so.

For those who don't care whether it is fiction or non-fiction, tell the same thing to the readers who shelled out money for James Frey's A Million Little Pieces, and other works of fiction that were presented as non-fiction. It's dishonest.

Some have said that RigLee never said this TR was real. Well, no one begins a TR with a disclaimer that the contents that follow are real. It is implied. Apparently, there were enough things about this TR for people to question its validity. There are a number of things that makes this story read as if it is just that, a story. The minutia of detail, the word-for-word dialogue; just the style and voice in which it is written.

For those who read the TR for pure entertainment value, this is like getting a free ebook without the expense of buying a Kindle. Read and enjoy. For those who are looking for more than Disney Fan Fiction, they should probably look somewhere else.

You should RESPECT the mod Ohmari and stop the debate now.

Finally, Lee, I'm loving this TR! I believe you, and I hope you don't let these people doubting you get you down! Enjoy the process of writing, even though I'm sure it must be hard for you to write about some of it. Consider it free (if controversial) therapy. I'm rooting for you! :hippie:popcorn:::hug:
You are a sweet, sweet girl. thank you. and very smart.;)

Very interesting TR, thanks for writing Lee.
Thank you, and you are welcome.

I think I would have been worried and crying myself sick. I would have been right there with! but yeah eek:scared1:
It was the worst night of my life.

This is the best trip report I've ever read :cool1::surfweb:

I can't wait for the next installementpopcorn::popcorn::
Thankyou, I mean that.

MAybe these guys will show up and use the Comfy chair on her...

spanish_inquisition.jpg
Who are these guys and what is the comfy chair?

I just spent the last 2 plus hours here. :surfweb: All I can say is wow! Fact or fiction, I don't care. I just want to hear more. I'm a romantic at heart so I am truly enjoying this TR. popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::
Thanks.:flower3:

Wow, I felt like I was right there with you in the room all by yourself Lee. You describe things so well. You really should write books. And I'm so glad Rig made it back. Did he say how it was in jail?
thank you tingurl, even thought it was 8 months ago I can still feel the fear and lonliness when I think back to that night.

I love how Rachel seemed to take forever to figure out he wasn't there. Poor Brendan should have realized that it doesn't always work the way it looks.

Matt gets to choose who goes up. If he picks Brittany then it would go against the Matt, Ragan, Brittany alliance. I can't wait for tomorrow!

BTW I'm happy Rig made it back to you.
:lmao:It's funny with pandoras box, something good happened to him and something bad happened to the house, and that bad thing was Rachael, I think she knew she stepped in it once she discovered Brendan wasn't there and she had already burned her bridge when she first came in.

So do you think he will put up Kathy? I thought he wanted to get rid of Brittany in order to get lanes head back in the game. Omagosh, this is too much.

I am so totally hooked - just read the whole thing and I am hoping for more tonight! What a great story!
Thank you.

RigLee: Let the naysayers say what they may, keep writing and people will keep reading:thumbsup2
thanks PKWallaby, that is the plan.

Holy cow. Im intrigued. I can not wait for more!
thank you.

Wow, so glad Grant was willing to give him a ride. :)
Grant is a good friend.

Thank you for an emotional story. I can't wait to read the rest. I hope that your memories of your Disney trip do not center around this awful incident. Now I can see why hubby left the family business. Brother Truckers like that who needs enemies.

Once you have completed this TR you should polish it up and post it on a blog site for writers where professionals can read and critique it.

Great job. Kudos to your writings skills and your wonderful marriage to Rig!
thank you, and I have so many more happy Disney memories. that whole ordeal stunk, but we still had a great vacation before and after.

Thank you for sharing what was obviously a very painful experience for you and Rig. How helpless you must have felt while he was at the jail and after when there wasn't anything you could do to take away all the pain that his family caused him.
You are welcome.

Lordy! I stopped yesterday on page 18 and look where we are now. I'm all caught up and looking forward to the next installment.

My favorite part was when you laid down on the hotel's floor because you were so upset. That really made me feel - your feelings.

Lee, you're doing great - Your voice has been very refreshing and I just skip all the posts by THOSE folks. :thumbsup2
Thank you, I am glad you are enjoying my story.

I said it before and others have too, please, please don't keep the truth/fiction debate going, it will get this closed and the majority of us want to hear how it ends.
:hug: thank you.

Lee, I am completely enjoying your trip report. I read the entire thing today and can't wait to read more.

I am a huge Big Brother watcher too, there is a thread on the community board where we discuss it, I would love it if you would join us in the conversation:

BIG BROTHER 12 ~ Spoilers Welcome!

Thank you for continuing your trip report its amazing. So glad that Grant was able to help Rig get back to the hotel my husband would have done the samething. Its horrible what his brother did and some people will never change no matter how much we hope they will.

I know you were upset, but please don't ever sleep on the floor of a hotel room ever again. Way too dirty. QUOTE]:lmao: Yeah, I kind of lost my common sense that night.
thank you this made me laugh, I think if I head read in sombodys trip report that they slept on the hotel floor I would have been like, EW!

I couldn't imagine laying on a hotel floor! I won't even walk on a hotel floor bare-footed. I always remember the Jon & Kate Plus 8 episode where she was telling the producer (on their Disney trip) that she nor her kids would walk bare-footed on a hotel floor, and that is so me!

What did I miss? Anything exciting? It was DW's and mine 3yr. wedding anniversary last night. We went out last night and didn't get a chance to read any posts here lately. This is the first thing I came to this morning. :rotfl: Off to see what I missed.

It sounds like you guys don't need his family in your life. They way you tell it you guys are so happy and in love don't let anyone take that away from you. Can't wait to hear more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter