• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My first trip to WDW and DH's first time being arrested (Dec 2009)

I feel so bad for Rig and I wonder if anything was actually in the envelope or just a cruel joke. can't wait to read more I'm hooked.

That's what I was thinking..That Truck was just messing with Rig.

Lee..LOVE your TR!

Hahahaha! All I can do is shake my head and smile at this point.

Lee, be you an 80 year old woman, 35 year old man, or young ranch wife...you're a genius.

If your excitement at finding this community of (supposedly) friendly Disney lovers caused your creativity to boil over resulting in this trip report....you're a genius.

If you realized this would be a fantastically new and creative way to share a great story...you're a genius.

You've snared newbies and veterans to this board with one well thought up trip report title...you're a genius.

You've kept them all enthralled with your divine storytelling...you're a genius.

No matter the form you take, I would give you a huge hug right now if I could. And thank you for your story and the wonderful entertainment it has provided me. I love seeing a Disney Vacation through your eyes and hearing about Rig reminds me of how grateful I need to be of my Knight's chivalry.

No plain ol' romance novel has ever been able to do that for me.

You're a genius. Whether you meant to be or not. <3

Gotta love r1lissa...

Texans...They simply don't know when to put a muffler on their Pie Holes...

And this is from a Proud Okie...We know a few things about mouthy Texans ;)

My pie hole is for pie- not mufflers.
Go Cowboys! (said in my best Jerry Jones voice):rotfl2:

PS.
I still think it's fiction. And no, I don't come here to read her updates. Now I simply come to reply to the comments. :lmao:

My pie hole is for pie- not mufflers.
Go Cowboys! (said in my best Jerry Jones voice):rotfl2:

PS.
I still think it's fiction. And no, I don't come here to read her updates. Now I simply come to reply to the comments. :lmao:

*snicker*

Bless yer Heart :lmao:

Gotta love r1lissa...

Texans...They simply don't know when to put a muffler on their Pie Holes...

And this is from a Proud Okie...We know a few things about mouthy Texans ;)
For the record regarding any future comments I may make that would warrant a response like this from someone: I'm not a Texan, I just live here. And I'm closer to OK. :)

Oh and to Lee....Thanks for reminding me how a man is supposed to act around his beloved. Sometimes I forget and I start acting like Grant...Nice enough guy...but no real attention paid to his new bride.

And Judging from the comments on this thread...it seems that most ladies like that kind of attention paid to them...but only if it is earnestly given.

True?

Waiting in England for an update!

Really enjoying it - real, fictional or whatever.

It was raining hard in Epcot 4th December though..I can vouch for that I was there.

For the record regarding any future comments I may make that would warrant a response like this from someone: I'm not a Texan, I just live here. And I'm closer to OK. :)

Poor Bungle...trapped in Texas. I feel for ya Bud

Walking into the hotel room without Rig was too much for me. It wasn't so much being without Rig that tore me up, but definitely the circumstances for why I was without Rig.

I didn't know what to do, I had never in my life felt so helpless and so alone as I did that night.

Everything I thought about, everything I did made me worry about Rig. I took a shower and put on dry warm jammies. I felt guilty. Would Rig be allowed a warm shower, would he be given dry warm clothes?

My head hurt from crying, I took some tylenol and the guilt was there again. Would Rig be given anything for his pain? He had to be in pain.

And knowing Rig he would be just as scared for me as I was for him. If only I could call him and tell him I made it back to Pop Century alright. I know peace of mind about me would make all the difference for him

I turned on the TV just for the company and went and got my stuffed Bambi that Rig had given me for my 16th birthday, it wasn't a real Disney stuffed animal, it was just a stuffed fawn that I named Bambi. I remembered the day he gave it me. I took it out of the bag, Rig said. "You told me that bambi was one of your favorite movies, It's ok if you don't like it."
I hugged it and told him it was the best gift ever, I kept Bambi on my bed and he always went with me if I stayed over at a friends house. Bambi had brought me lots of comfort when Rig couldn't be around.
I hugged Bambi close to me and cried.

I kept checking my phone to see if it was working. I plugged it in so it wouldn't lose it's charge, I needed to make sure Rig could get a hold of me when he was finally allowed to call.

I layed on the bed and thought Rig wouldn't have a comfortable bed, will he have a bed at all? So I layed on the floor.

I wanted to suffer as mcuh as Rig was probably suffering. I felt like the whole night was my fault.

With each passing minute came a new worry. Rig had given me all his money, what if he needs some of that money for a cab back to the resort? I guess he could call me and tell me to meet him outfront. But what if his battery on his cell phone dies? I know you are allowed a phone call from jail, that's how it's done on TV, so will he use that call for me or will he need it for a cab?

What if they keep him and he can't fly home with me? Should I check out of Pop Century right now, will I get a refund, we bought the trip insurance, would this be considered an emergency that the trip insurance would even reimburse us?

I would dose in beween my moments of hysteria. then I would wake up and start my worrying all over again. If lets say jail operated 9-5, (I had no idea) and he is one of the first to go before a judge, let's say that is over by 9:30, he would then maybe leave by 10:00am, and hopfull be here by 11:00am.
I looked at the clock, it was only 3. I started crying until I fell asleep again.

I woke up and looked at the clock, it wasn't quite 4. OK if Rig is not here by noon, then should I call the number on the card that the officer gave me. Could I call it sooner. what if I call too soon and they get mad and take it out on Rig.

Every movie and TV show about jail was in my head.
I have my talks with God during good and bad times, this time I was making a every promise, every deal I could think of. Just please let Rig walk through that door right now.
by 5am my thoughts weren't even making sense. I couldn't string a clear sentence together in my head. Is this what it's like to go crazy, is this how it starts?

I finally fell into a deep sleep, and didn't wake up until I heard the door open.
"Babylee?"
I sat up quickly, I wasn't quite coherent.
"what are you doing on the floor?"
"Rig, you didn't call me."
I jumped across the bed and into his arms. we held eachother so tight and just sank to the floor. I couldn't stop crying, I wanted to, I needed to talk to him and make sure he was ok.
"Please Babylee, don't cry, it's ok, please stop."
I wanted to stop for him, but it was useless. Rig just had to wait it out, and he waited a long time, he just sat there holding me and rocking me while I just cried, every once in a while I would say his name, but then I would just cry hard again.

I have to take a break, I will be back later.

On a lighter note.... I too thought only Canadians call soda "Pop" and I as well am feeling a little less special! :lmao:

A little "Pop vs. Soda" enlightenment:

popvssodamap2.png

Now, does anyone else here call a drinking fountain a "bubbler"? :confused3

popvssodamap2.png

That's just about the coolest thing ever.

Here in the South, we call it a Coke, no matter what brand or flavor it is.

Awesome update! Ignore the nasty folks who post petty remarks. The overwhelming majority of us here are loving each and every post! Thanks for the great trippie!:goodvibes

I'm soooo glad you're back! I've been stalking this since the first night you posted! I stayed up later last night because I kept checking to see if you posted! I'm a teacher and checked this morning before I left for school and also all through the day. Between walking around checking on my kids, I would run to my computer to refresh! haha-Thanks for continuing this! Don't listen to the negative people out there...they are only trying to take away from something that they don't understand. Being from Alabama, I know many guys who are just like Rig. Just because someone has manners and is a true gentleman doesn't make it fiction! (Even these days!) Keep on posting....everyone loves you! :goodvibes

Is that ever neat! Now I feel really dumb thinking us canucks were the only ones calling it like that... :crazy:

I definetly don't call a drinking fountain a bubbler! Actually never heard that! If someone would have asked me where the bubbler was I would have been clueless!!!

popvssodamap2.png

wait a dern second....is that a BLUE AREA I see in MY state of LOUISIANA??? NO WAY! Someone had to have fiddled with that map because no one from Louisiana calls it "Pop". We call it a coke. You'll pull up to a gas station...."Honey, can you grab me a coke inside?" "What kind do you want?" :rotfl: "Dr. Pepper"

:thumbsup2

But that's a really neat map, thanks for posting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter