My first trip to WDW and DH's first time being arrested (Dec 2009)

This is a fun read. My first reaction was a troll. Maybe she is but she is fun to read and tells a good story.

I read fiction all the time and enjoy it. Why is it only OK if it is a book!

Well, I didn't call riglee on whether or not it was real because I want her to keep writing, rather than argue about it. It's fun. Other than that, I accept it for what it is; a series of posts on an internet forum. It might be underhanded (assuming it is fiction, or that there is a liberal amount of massaging), if there was profit or sales involved, but there is not. You get what you pay for... or in this case, I would argue, you get more.

Be it fiction or non-fiction, if it excites your mind's eye, it is time well spent reading. In this instance, the milieu, that is is written where it is, is part of the generation of the fun; it helps the imagination. It comes into the community and uses the community to help the reader bind to the author. IMO that's pretty good; I like it. It is very imaginative, outside the box.

yes, true true!

I'm loving the trip report, but I could take a little less of the "is it real, isn't it real?"

There are plenty of TR's with couples that are very much in love and very cutsie about it.

There are plenty of TR's that include dialogue.

There are plenty of TR's that don't have pictures.

There are plenty of teenagers that are outstanding writers. I was passionate about english and literature from elementary school and at 24 I landed a job as a professional writer. I won scholarships, writing contents, public speaking contests, all while 16, 17, 18 etc. It is not unrealistic to believe she is a naturally gifted story teller. Is isn't like she is using formal structure, perfect grammar etc.

How are we to know than any TR's on here are "real." This is an internet message board and any person posting here could be posing as a "character."

I have tens of thousands of DISers read my Dining Reports, but I post minimal pictures of myself and none of my DMom & DDad because they aren't comfortable with their pictures being on the internet.

Does that mean I'm not Meg, I'm not 25, or a professional marketing writer, from Toronto, Canada.

Nope. But I could be making it all up. Just like anyone here on this DIS could be. :confused3

We get that some of you doubt whether this trip report is REAL. But could you maybe stop harping on it so we could just, yanno, enjoy reading!

Sorry Lee, didn't mean to hijack your thread. Looking forward to the next chapter!

Lee, I am loving this story! I have been lurking on these boards for a while now, but I wanted to join so I could respond to your thread. You definitely have a knack for writing. I look forward to your update and can't wait to find out what happens to Rig.

You sound like such a nice woman. Honestly, the fact that you take the time to respond to everyone is quite telling of who you are. Don't let anything on here distract you from telling your story.

On a side note, you are really getting me excited for my next Disney trip (my girls' first)!

Does it really matter if the details of the trip are true or not?

Everyone who has posted a comment (nearly) has enjoyed reading what Lee has written; and I don't want her to stop because some people don't believe her.

I'm loving the trip report, but I could take a little less of the "is it real, isn't it real?"

There are plenty of TR's with couples that are very much in love and very cutsie about it.

There are plenty of TR's that include dialogue.

There are plenty of TR's that don't have pictures.

There are plenty of teenagers that are outstanding writers. I was passionate about english and literature from elementary school and at 24 I landed a job as a professional writer. I won scholarships, writing contents, public speaking contests, all while 16, 17, 18 etc. It is not unrealistic to believe she is a naturally gifted story teller. Is isn't like she is using formal structure, perfect grammar etc.

How are we to know than any TR's on here are "real." This is an internet message board and any person posting here could be posing as a "character."

I have tens of thousands of DISers read my Dining Reports, but I post minimal pictures of myself and none of my DMom & DDad because they aren't comfortable with their pictures being on the internet.

Does that mean I'm not Meg, I'm not 25, or a professional marketing writer, from Toronto, Canada.

Nope. But I could be making it all up. Just like anyone here on this DIS could be. :confused3

We get that some of you doubt whether this trip report is REAL. But could you maybe stop harping on it so we could just, yanno, enjoy reading!

Sorry Lee, didn't mean to hijack your thread. Looking forward to the next chapter!

AMEN! Lets drop the debate and enjoy the reading!

I agree with you all. I began reading this trip report (the title hooked me) but after the first maybe three posts I thought something was a little fishy. SO after that I started reading other people's comments waiting to see if someone would call her on it. I couldn't believe that people were believing this.

Now, don't get me wrong, I believe in true love and I'm not discouraged that there are men like "Rig" out there and although it is a good read, it really put me off that someone would expect me to believe that they can quote conversations word-for-word from their vacation more than 8 months ago.

Maybe the mods should start a new section called "Trip Stories"!

Oh thank goodness, I was beginning to think I was the only one! I'm sorry I don't mean to take away from your posts if they are genuine, however I have never read any trip report like yours on this board. I read it aloud to myself and all I could think of is one of my Harlequin romance novels, the whole thing, while well written, is unbelievable. I can't help but think this is a short story that you are working on, rather than a real trip report. It isn't your age that I call into question, it's the level of detail you are describing.
I hate to be a party pooper, because I see that a lot of people are enthralled with your TR :flower3:

Maybe I am sappy, yeah I am, but I believe it is true. I guess my biggest thing would be if she truly has this much talent, why would she be wating it giving it away for free on the internet when I think we all agree whe could be writing and making some real money?

But, with way, I am enjoying this read, and that says a lot cause I have never been a reader. I have always hated that about me, my DH and kids love a good book, hubby is never without one, me, nope I barely read the Cliff Notes back in HS. But this I am addicted too.

Oh, and Ricky Buisness, my DD who is not quite 16 and her friends lve to sit around an watch "old" movies. They have seen its, they love things from my day if yo uwill like Princess Bride, Breakfast Club, Ferris Bueler's Day off, so it isn't unheard of for kids to know these movies, to them it is retro.

My gut upon reading is that this is fiction. Since it is good fiction, I continue to read on. Many people have already posted valid reasons to support the fiction theory.

For those offended by comments debating the truth, this is a forum for discussion. I don't recall anyone belittling the OP, so no reason to be angry simply because you don't like what someone else wrote. Skim the posts for the OP and only read those. I am not interested in others posts about what their dh nicknamed them, but that doesn't mean others aren't interested in those responses or that those posters don't have the right to respond.

Riglee- You are a very talented writer. If this is indeed fiction (which I believe it is) it is an interesting fiction genre. Mix Disney in and you have a whole different audience. I love your style, but wouldn't read this if didn't have Disney as a setting. Therefore, if you are testing waters to determine readership, a book about you and Rig dating wouldn't be one I would be interested in. However, if you and Rig had a family and took them to Disney, I might enjoy that.

The market is available for books with a Disney setting. Look how popular the Kingdom Keepers series is. Heck, I buy Disney travel books just to get more Disney even though I could write them.

I don't think anyone is angry if someone doesn't believe, maybe I am wrong. I think we are just saying we do. Maybe in the end she will say it is all just a story, mabye she won't and it is, maybe it isn't. We are just saying we believe just like you are saying you don't. I think we all agree (as we are all still reading) that we hopes she finishes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1lissa
No offense to the OP, but I don't believe this Trip Report for one minute. I think the whole thing is made up. Sounds far too sappy.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1lissa
I don't mean to burst anyone's bubble, but IMO this is pure fiction. Now, enjoy the rest of the story....

Quote:
I agree with these 2 posts. Even though I have been reading this thread every day, I am reading into it more as a good fictional book, rather than a real life story.

I am just sorry that these three people feel so certain that there is no pure love or unjaded, innocents in the world any longer. I, for one, chose to believe that it still exists and that there are people in parts of the world who still behave like this and have relationships that seem so wonderful. I am loving this story and chose to believe it. If you don't, please don't spoil this wonderful story by posting. Lee is doing a great job and deserves the opportunity to tell her story without detractors.;)

I don't think anyone is angry if someone doesn't believe, maybe I am wrong. I think we are just saying we do. Maybe in the end she will say it is all just a story, mabye she won't and it is, maybe it isn't. We are just saying we believe just like you are saying you don't. I think we all agree (as we are all still reading) that we hopes she finishes!

Someone was annoyed by the discussion of fiction verses nonfiction. I was responding to that.

I think it matters not whether anyone believes it or not. I do think that we all agree that we want more! :goodvibes

I've read the entire thread today and I love the story.

While I have my doubts as to whether it's true or not, it does make great reading and I am beyond impressed with any thread that is already 28 pages long in just one short week!

RigLee you should get a DISaward because to have your TR followed by so many so quickly and caused such a stir of emotions about the story as well as the truth, it shows that you have talent as a writer - no matter what age you really are!

Has anyone ever read the Pioneer Woman's blog? The story of how she met her cowboy? This is very reminiscent of that story (no Disney in her story, though). She turned her city-girl-meets-cowboy life into a huge blog with contests, recipes, etc and hers is all true.

So truth or fiction, we are all reading so RigLee MUST be doing something right!!! We all come to the TRs to read good stories about Disney trips.

RigLee is giving us just that.

October PTR - Magic thru the Eyes of a Mayan Princess

Someone was annoyed by the discussion of fiction verses nonfiction. I was responding to that.

I think it matters not whether anyone believes it or not. I do think that we all agree that we want more! :goodvibes

Gotcha, I guess lately on the boards "angry" seems to mean being nasty to one another, and I had not seen that.

Lee, you may have some disagreement on if you are real or not, but you have everyone agreeing you are a great writer, and total agreement is tough to come by, so take pride in that! :thumbsup2

Has anyone ever read the Pioneer Woman's blog? The story of how she met her cowboy? This is very reminiscent of that story (no Disney in her story, though). She turned her city-girl-meets-cowboy life into a huge blog with contests, recipes, etc and hers is all true.

I've been thinking the same thing! I admit I've even pictured Ree and Marlborough Man for this. :laughing:

If you look back at the OP's comments, she never claimed this was a true story.

She is a sweetheart and I believe her story, which is what makes a great writer! This is obviously a young girl which makes this story of hers even more incredible with her writing ability. I hope she really goes on to truly become a writer, even if she does love her job as a waitress! She is really wonderful at it and I love her innocence and her ability to convey that. I don't care if she uses a little bit of exaggeration here and there if she does do that, it is innocent and a real joy to watch and read! She is obviously a dreamer with a wonderful imagination, and that comes from a pure beautiful place. What a talent!

RigLee. Where you at today? I'm getting anxious over here for the next chapter. Do Truck and Rig duke it out in jail as well? How much did it cost to bail Rig out? What's in the envelope? Inquiring minds want to know. :goodvibes

If you're at work, then that's understandable. I guess I'll go and see if Nebo has updated his TR yet. Visit some of the other threads. Since you and Nebo started posting, I don't think I've read any of the other threads lately. :rotfl: Off to see some of the other threads. :surfweb: Check back later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter