• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My first trip to WDW and DH's first time being arrested (Dec 2009)

Thumper_Man, I think it is a given by now that the fighthappens between Rig and Truck, you should be taking bets on who won.:lmao:

I have my suspicions. Like a good mystery novel, I'll wait to see if my suspicions come out right.

Hmm. Maybe I should start taking bets? :scratchin I do have a WDW trip coming up in October. Could use the extra cash. But the more I think about it, I will get kicked off the Disboards and won't get to finish reading your TR. So I wouldn't really know if I won the bets or not. :rotfl: I better just stick to reading your TR and skip the bets.

I've only read the first two pages and I had to comment: I don't even know y'all and I'm excited about hearing your trip! Plus, I just loved reading about how you and Rig met. Rig sounds like an amazing guy... And no one is gonna think any less of him about his adventure with the police.

the suspense is killing me. and I have to disagree with the other poster, I don't think Rig's brother's greeting was meant to be anything but hurtful.

You know how when you finish a really really good book it leaves sort of a void in your life for a little while and you miss the story? That's how its going to be for me when this trip report is done.

You know how when you finish a really really good book it leaves sort of a void in your life for a little while and you miss the story? That's how its going to be for me when this trip report is done.

Great analogy!

I don't watch say yes to the dress, I might have to tune in so Ican hear what you are imagining.

Rig doesn't look like Jet or Steven, but it's funny you mention the amazing race, I love Reality TV and Rig doesn't but he'll watch a few of them with me. He was all about the amazing race when the cowboys were on it. I would joke with him that we could never do the amzing race together, we would come in dead last because he would be too busy openin gdoors for the other woman on the show and carrying their bags for them

I'm not blonde, but sometimes I have blonde highlights.

Oh, I really hope your husband starts opening doors for you again. Slow down and let him lead, or better yet, walk by his side.

I love reality TV, but like Rig, Ron doesn't like it much. The Amazing Race is the only one he'll watch sometimes.

We walk side by side, I just have the habit of speeding up when there's a door to open it. :rotfl:

The way you described the sensation of orange side of Mission Space has made me rethink my position about the ride. You said the spinning feeling is only for a few seconds at a time. I am prone to motion sickness, so I didn't want to try it at all. I know Ron will try it and would love for me to try it too, so I told him I would *MAYBE* try it, but only last thing at night. That way if I feel sick, we are going to bed anyway. :lmao:

Can't wait until you post the arrest, though really the entire trip report is entertaining and way worth the read.

I've just started my own pre-trip report for my honeymoon next year. :)

All I can say is WOW!!!!! This is the first TR i have read without pictures, and all at one time. The suspense is killing me. I can't wait for the next installment!

Everytime I read this (which by the way is way too often at work) I get this picture in my head of the movie, "Where The Heart Is" - the one where the girl gives birth in
Wal-Mart - that movie. Not that your givin birth but you remind me of that main character Novalee - she was so sweet and cute and nice. Your story is sweet like that. Keep it coming girl cuz you have a lot of followers!!!

I envy the people who get to go back to disney world. My time will come again though.

I alway leave packing to the last minute. Packing stresses me out, I suppose if I were to get started on it earlier it wouldn't be as strssful, but I put it of because...well packing stresses me out. It is a vicious cycle.

This is how I can't leave packing to the last minute.

I have 4 children. 13, 12, 5, and 3 are their ages. I have been looking ALL OVER THIS HOUSE for clothes I know exist. Looking for clothes that still fit, making sure the clothes I find are clean, and not just thrown back into drawers. Its taken me all day to just sort out their clothes. If I left that to the last minute, it wouldn't be pretty.

I can't even put into words what my living room looks likes.

And then you had to go and put up another chapter!:rotfl:

Oh my gosh, I am so enthralled with this thread it's ridiculous!

I am loving reading your story of your marriage and your fist Disney visit. I have been there so many times I can picture every thing you talk about. I feel like I am walking right next to you along the way.

I am laughing, getting teary eyed, wishing I knew a man like Rig and so many more emotions.

Great writing and I cannot wait to read what happens next. The tension builds!

Wow. I wouldn't be too happy if I was Rig and that was my greeting from my brother. All I could think about was how rude it was to start the night with a comment like that. I mean they hadn't seen or really talked in how long! Not cool!
I am with you. I was not happy about that either. It was rude! and direspectful not to mention made everything awkward, but I will save that for the report.

Well, I am never going to get lunch for the kids and the laundry done now!! lol I will have to keep checking back to see what happens!! Thanks for sharing your story with us Lee!!
You are welcome, thank you for reading. Now go get some work done.;)

OK....I've been lurking enough, and I feel it's time for me to at least post and say, WOW! I really can't stop reading your TR. I know my DH commented earlier on how he is not an avid reader like I am, and yet, I was the one that had to catch up on this as he had already finished the last chapter before I did...That's a feat all in itself, to get him to read :rotfl: That said, I have to agree with everyone else on this thread, you are a terrific writer, and I believe that has to do with the fact that you lived this, and you are writing not only from your experience but writing it as if you were talking to us like girlfriends would chat over coffee. :love: it! I can't wait for the next installment of "As the WORLD turns, with RIGLEE!" :surfweb:
You explained it perfectly, this is how I tell a story with friends. they laugh because I get so caught up in telling a story. some times when we have all had something funny happen to us while we were out, my firneds will be like, "Have Leela tell the story, it's funnier the way she tells it." And I love to talk so this makes it perfect.

Ohhh...good thinking! I hope she comes back soon to finish. I hope it goes well though. I would love to see Rig and Truck get along. This sure is reading like a book. Great idea to print this out and keep to base the book on.
She will come back, she promises.:lmao:;)
I don't know if I would put this disney part in the book...maybe the sequal.:confused3:laughing:

I've made it to page 10 and I have one thing to say. This is the ONLY trip report on ANY site that didn't have pictures and I still read it. Your writing is fantastic and the descriptions make it so easy to envision what you guys were doing each day.

And I give a nod to Rig for keeping chivalry alive and for being a cowboy these days when it's not the norm. You two sound like a great couple and I'm glad you were able to overcome the problems you encountered from your families.

Enough of my rambling, back to reading your TR.
This is the ONLY trip report on ANY site that didn't have pictures
I could use this in my argument with Rig and posting pictures.
that's all I will tell him though, If I were to tell him about the great compliment you paid me (Thank you) I would lose the argument.

Rig and chivalry, some people learn what to do from their families, and some learn what not to do.

I just found your TR, sat down for about 2 hours and read it...and I am ADDICTED! You are a fantastic writer!! You and your husband have a very sweet sounding relationship and some of the comments you all make towards each other crack me up! Please, keep writing, not just a trip report but keep writing - I'd read anything you wrote!!
Thank you, for everything you said. I hope to keep writing, I really had my confidance boosted over the past week.

OK, I seriously thought it was a joke when you asked Rig about his name and why his parents didn't just name him "Truck" Then he said because his brother's name is Truck! So it really is Truck! Wow...his parents really did like their job! I do think Trucker sounds cool though...but Rig is a Really Cool name!

Okay, I thought Rig must have been joking too when he said his brother's name was Trucker. Both are cool names! I wonder if Trucker gets called Tucker?

Lee, I made the comment about the innocence of your writing. Did not mean anything toward your grammar, punctuation, etc. And actually maybe "refreshing" was a better way to describe your writing. You write in a way that just stands out from other people's. I love it! So don't change the way you share your thoughts or jump from topic to topic. Your voice shines through in your writing. :)

And thanks for offering to add my son to your church's prayer list. That is very sweet. He actually was just having his annual checkup. He had a heart defect at birth that was repaired when he was 1.5 years old, so just has to have yearly follow-ups. He wasn't too cooperative during the appointment, but they did manage to get some good shots from the echo and all looks well. Prayers are still always appreciated for him. :flower3:

Looking forward to reading more! popcorn::
I never thought in the beginning of this story to say "Trucker is really Rigs brothers name." It is interesting though. I still like the name rig better.

I didn't take offense to your comment about "innocent writing" I really didn't. I took it as advice because I need to be more clear and more organized if I am going to write anything else.

I'm glad things looked good for your son. I will still add him to the prayer list. Even though I don't know his name, God knows his name.

Just wanted to say I am addicted to your TR!

You are a fantastic storyteller and I am hooked :thumbsup2

I'm betting that Rig won!
Thank you so much.
And OK, we have a bet in rigs favor.:woohoo:

Oh goodness, you made me hungry for the Coral Reef now! :laughing: Isn't the whole glass wall neat? It sure is fun looking at all the fish and over sea life swimming by. I do have to say though, if I ordered fish or something, I would feel bad for any other fish swimming by, like I was eating their brother or sister. But SO glad you ordered the chocolate wave! Isn't it amazing? I loved it just as much as you did!

Spaceship Earth is the perfect place to relax and take a nap! It's so hard not to fall asleep on it.

Uh oh...I have a feeling the arrest story happens at DTD when you meet up with Truck?! :surfweb:

Coral Reef is great for the setting, and better for their famous dessert, I wonder if you are allowed to go just for dessert or if you have to order their food too.
I twas a nice nap on spaceship Earth, it was a little bit chilly in there, but yes a great place to relax.

I have my suspicions. Like a good mystery novel, I'll wait to see if my suspicions come out right.

Hmm. Maybe I should start taking bets? :scratchin I do have a WDW trip coming up in October. Could use the extra cash. But the more I think about it, I will get kicked off the Disboards and won't get to finish reading your TR. So I wouldn't really know if I won the bets or not. :rotfl: I better just stick to reading your TR and skip the bets.
Do you care to share in your suspicians?
We can keep this to a gentlemans bet, that way nobody gets kicked off the boards.;) but then again, maybe we shouldn't take chances like that.

I've only read the first two pages and I had to comment: I don't even know y'all and I'm excited about hearing your trip! Plus, I just loved reading about how you and Rig met. Rig sounds like an amazing guy... And no one is gonna think any less of him about his adventure with the police.
I love the story of how Rig and I met, He tells people he thought he saw his future wife drowning. I know he thought I was drowning, but I doubt he thought future wife.
Rig is amazing, thank you. I agree I don't believe anybody will think less of him.

I loved how rig's brother yelled out to you guys. It sounds just like my family in TX.
it probably would have been funny if there weren't underlying issues between them.

waiting........rather impatiently, for the next installment!
I will get to the arrest tonight, I promise.

the suspense is killing me. and I have to disagree with the other poster, I don't think Rig's brother's greeting was meant to be anything but hurtful.
I don't think the other poster had any ill intentions in what was said. their family probably jokes with eachother and has a good enough relationship with one another that they can say something like that.
Truck thought he was being funny but all of his jokes were at the expense of good people.

I read that and my heart swelled along with my pride, thank you, I have read books that have done that to me, and knowing that I can cause that in somebody else? Wow! Not that I want to creat a void in anybodys life, but wow. Thank you.

Great analogy!
That was a good one.

I love reality TV, but like Rig, Ron doesn't like it much. The Amazing Race is the only one he'll watch sometimes.

We walk side by side, I just have the habit of speeding up when there's a door to open it. :rotfl:

The way you described the sensation of orange side of Mission Space has made me rethink my position about the ride. You said the spinning feeling is only for a few seconds at a time. I am prone to motion sickness, so I didn't want to try it at all. I know Ron will try it and would love for me to try it too, so I told him I would *MAYBE* try it, but only last thing at night. That way if I feel sick, we are going to bed anyway. :lmao:

Can't wait until you post the arrest, though really the entire trip report is entertaining and way worth the read.

I've just started my own pre-trip report for my honeymoon next year. :)
:lmao:you end up almost racing your husnad to the door, is that so you can open it for yourself, or is it because you are excited to get to where you're going?

The spinning on mission space does only last for a few seconds at a time, but it is really intense when it does spin, if you are easily prone to motion sickness I wouldn't try the orange side. I hate for you to think at my word that you will be fine and then curse my name while you are on it.

OMG the suspense is killing me!!!!
Come on now, how suspense ever really killed anybody?:confused3 I'm just kidding, I get that way when I am waiting for Big Brother each week.

popcorn:: And the plot thinkens!
It's only going to get thicker. Trust me.

I am with you. I was not happy about that either. It was rude! and direspectful not to mention made everything awkward, but I will save that for the report.

You are welcome, thank you for reading. Now go get some work done.;)

You explained it perfectly, this is how I tell a story with friends. they laugh because I get so caught up in telling a story. some times when we have all had something funny happen to us while we were out, my firneds will be like, "Have Leela tell the story, it's funnier the way she tells it." And I love to talk so this makes it perfect.

She will come back, she promises.:lmao:;)
I don't know if I would put this disney part in the book...maybe the sequal.:confused3:laughing:

This is the ONLY trip report on ANY site that didn't have pictures
I could use this in my argument with Rig and posting pictures.
that's all I will tell him though, If I were to tell him about the great compliment you paid me (Thank you) I would lose the argument.

Rig and chivalry, some people learn what to do from their families, and some learn what not to do.

Thank you, for everything you said. I hope to keep writing, I really had my confidance boosted over the past week.

I never thought in the beginning of this story to say "Trucker is really Rigs brothers name." It is interesting though. I still like the name rig better.

I didn't take offense to your comment about "innocent writing" I really didn't. I took it as advice because I need to be more clear and more organized if I am going to write anything else.

I'm glad things looked good for your son. I will still add him to the prayer list. Even though I don't know his name, God knows his name.

Thank you so much.
And OK, we have a bet in rigs favor.:woohoo:

Coral Reef is great for the setting, and better for their famous dessert, I wonder if you are allowed to go just for dessert or if you have to order their food too.
I twas a nice nap on spaceship Earth, it was a little bit chilly in there, but yes a great place to relax.

Do you care to share in your suspicians?
We can keep this to a gentlemans bet, that way nobody gets kicked off the boards.;) but then again, maybe we shouldn't take chances like that.

I love the story of how Rig and I met, He tells people he thought he saw his future wife drowning. I know he thought I was drowning, but I doubt he thought future wife.
Rig is amazing, thank you. I agree I don't believe anybody will think less of him.

it probably would have been funny if there weren't underlying issues between them.

I will get to the arrest tonight, I promise.

I don't think the other poster had any ill intentions in what was said. their family probably jokes with eachother and has a good enough relationship with one another that they can say something like that.
Truck thought he was being funny but all of his jokes were at the expense of good people.

I read that and my heart swelled along with my pride, thank you, I have read books that have done that to me, and knowing that I can cause that in somebody else? Wow! Not that I want to creat a void in anybodys life, but wow. Thank you.

That was a good one.

:lmao:you end up almost racing your husnad to the door, is that so you can open it for yourself, or is it because you are excited to get to where you're going?

The spinning on mission space does only last for a few seconds at a time, but it is really intense when it does spin, if you are easily prone to motion sickness I wouldn't try the orange side. I hate for you to think at my word that you will be fine and then curse my name while you are on it.

Come on now, how suspense ever really killed anybody?:confused3 I'm just kidding, I get that way when I am waiting for Big Brother each week.

It's only going to get thicker. Trust me.

More, MORE!!!

Oh man! I saw you updated and thought you wrote an update and got all excited. PLease....end the suspense. I can't leave work until you do. :goodvibes

I just waled in the door from being at the splash park with the kids all day and I made a b-line to the laptop! I skipped everyone else's posts once I saw 3 pages had been added and ready only yours, then I went back and ready everyone else's. :lmao:

I can't wait for hubby to get home, have some dinner and then you will be our after dinner entertainment! This story is something else! I love it!

Oh, the groceries and organizing them come from many years of rushing with the kids everywhere, it will be something you will do when and if you need to. I wasn't always like that and like I said in the beginning I was bad at it and it would end up with a pack of cheese under boxes or something, you only do that once or twice before you fidure out a better system.

Trucker makes me so annoyed already, I can't imagine what happens!!!

I am coming out of lurkdom....and just have to say that I love your writing style. You have a real talent. Books are my life. I am a librarian and spend 50% of my time inside a library it seems. Your writing style reminds me of some of my favorite novelists which include Adriana Trigiani, Deborah Smith, Jane Green, Joshilyn Jackson, Cathy Lamb.....

Now I am in suspense waiting to hear what happened between Rig and his brother!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter