My first trip to WDW and DH's first time being arrested (Dec 2009)

I did walk away at 18. I didn't need to wait for a response, I knew what it would be. Rig didn't like that I left that way,he thought he should at least try and talk to Sir, but there is no talking to Sir.
I miss my sister around the holidays, but Boss man and his wife Gloria have been like parents to me, and my bosses at the diner have also been like family. Rig and I know that my family wouldn't ever be on the Disboards, but we still have a fear of them finding me and I think that's another reason he doesn't want me posting pictures.

I guess I don't understand not letting them know you're somewhere safe. Just because you were afraid of them not liking your boyfriend? And, why fear that now? It's a done deal, and you're an adult. :confused3

Maybe you can contact them some day and you can write about your reconciliation! :)

I am in your writing style is great I love the TR only up to page two since I only came upon it today but will catch up , it is the weekend

I never post in Trip reports - but I now I just HAVE to!!

My favorite comment so far was if an ex-girlfriend had taught Rig to French Braid - Could he French Manicure, because you sure could use one. :thumbsup2

Lee - your writing is awesome. I am a voracious reader and I have to say your style of writing is wonderful. There are forum boards out there for beginning writers to practice - but I think you should really think about blogging. It could be a real career for you. Do some research - I will PM you a blog to get you thinking, that I really enjoy reading.

I have sent the link to this TR to my two DDs19 - I know they are going to get just as hooked as I am. Can't wait for the next installment!!

PS - I have known my DH since we were 17 years old. We weren't high school sweethearts either, but young lovers like you and Rig, and yes - there is a difference. We've been married 22 years and are still madly in love and I still can't wait for him to walk in the door every night. It's hard work - but sooo worth it!!

i'm loving your trip report. We were at Pop almost the same time you were...we were there from the 3rd till the 12th. Thinking of starting my pre trip report...but i still have some time. Can't wait to read more....:goodvibes

Just wanted to say that I really enjoy your enjoyment of your 1st trip with you husband. You do have a great talent for writting with emotion and expression.

I am so glad that I came upon your thread. This is just like reading a novel. I am so hooked. Hurry up getting those shakes and post more. I am so glad you are only on day one. Lots more for you to share.
I hoped you enjoyed the last chapet I Put up last night. I will try and get another out tonight.

I'm in! I haven't even finished reading the whole thing yet, but I'm in! Love your writing.... you're long winded like me! But I love all the details and what everyone says and does.... it's great!
I'm only on page 4 right now, but I will eventually get to the end. I can't stop reading, but I know I have to. It's Friday night- and that means my kiddos will be up bright and early tomorrow and there is no school bus to take the older one away and I will be busy with all kinds of kiddo activities most of the day. But I will be back to finish up and catch up and all that jazz!
I so have to find out how your hubby got arrested. lol.

(see, I am long winded.... all that for a "I'm subscribing!" :rotfl2:)
Take your time getting back here to read, I'm not going anywhere.
My thing about being long winded in this report is, why tell a report about what you did and what you saw, "I went here, and then I went there, I rode this, I ate that." that bores me. I want to know what you were thinking when you saw this, what were you talking about when you rode this, what were you feeling and so on, that is how you tell a story, that is how I am telling mine. thank you for reading.

Oh and I hope you kids didn't make you too crazy today.

:surfweb: I love it! This is a great TR! I can't wait to read more.
thank you that is very sweet. I'm glad you like my story.

Your report is fabulous!!! I am thoroughly enjoying reading it. I actually turned on my computer just to come here and see if you updated. Your writing style is excellent.
Thank you, I didn't even know I had a writing style until I started this report, I am having fun writing it, just trying to retell the way it happened.
I am really enjoying your trip report. can not wait to read more. Thanks for sharing

Nicole
I love sharing, this is great, it's like being able to talk without getting interupted or being told "You talk too much."

joining in! really enjoying the T.R. we leave in 40 days!! but we all need to see a picture of you and rig! I have this idea about what you guys look like! LOL

You have and idea of what we look? Tell me. I think it's disneyaddicted has said she imagines me to look like Sarah Michelle Geller, (Buff the vampire slayer) and Rig to look Tim Riggins from saturday night lights.

:banana:

Seriously your TR is like a great book.. I just can not put down!

I cant believe Rig actually gets arrested! He is obviously very sweet and well mannered! Can you give us a hint!? was he wrongfully accused?!?
Oh yes, Rig is extremely sweet and has the manners that would impress the most strict of Grandmothers. but he wasn't wrongfully accused, the arrest was legit.

You and Rig both have such a great sense of humor and amazing comic timing. It is such a joy to follow along and hear your conversations - with each other, the other guests and the CMs. You guys are cracking me up! :rotfl2:

Comic timing, that is good, I will have to tell Rig that we have comic timing. I just play off of him and he does the same with me. thank you, your comment made me feel good.

Great job, you kept me up till 2:50am reading!

Love your report
I have kept people up until 2am talking their ear off before, that's just me and it's what I do.:cutie:

OK, the bite mark makes this even more interesting...

Oh, and everyone knows Disney popcorn:: popcorn is amazingly good, it isn't just you it is addictive. I am pretty convinced that they put something in it to make it that way. We generally get a few buckets and then use credits for several boxes for refiling out buckets.

Can't wait for more. I have a Girl Scout sleepover with my girls tonight, I will check back before I leave for more but I might have to wait till morning.

the bite mark does add interest doesn't it? I did good.:rolleyes:

that popcorn was so yummy, I love popcorn anyway, but this was so much better then any popcorn, even better than movie theater popcorn or kettle corn.

Oh my Lee.. I just absolutely love this TR. As I have already told you. You do have a talant and your TR has something extra that just keeps me coming back! I keep checking and my DH is making fun of me. His family has been huge Disney goers since he was little so he has gone so much that its "just disney" to him. But he humors my obsessions.

I was 13 the first time I went to Disney and it was really magical because I went with the "Make a Wish Foundation." I had alot of health problems at a child and for some reason they picked me to go. So the first time I saw the castle was magical not only because it was Disney, but had I not been granted that wish, who knew when I would get to go.. I still remember it so clearly and I cried and hugged my mom and she cried too.. It was a magical moment. Now I have gone since but this upcoming trip will be my dd's 1st, I guess real, time. She went when she was ababy and she has no memory of it. My DS is only 14 mos so he too won't remember (but I will). I cant wait for her to see the castle. I am glad I get to share that moment with her.. Ok that was my rant but reading your post brought back my memory of my first Disney trip.. and is making me sooooo excited for my upcoming trip and exited to write a TR.. as It has already been a very interesting process planning..

I cant wait for the next post!!:)
Omagosh, Bless you, are you doing better now, no more health problems. I can understand why seeing the castle was so emotional, and now you have children of your own and it is just going to keep getting better.

I would really love to read a report from your next trip, that sounds grand, it really does.

haha that bite mark thing was funny :lmao:

cant wait to hear more popcorn::
We were able to laugh at the bite mark, then on the night of the arrest wequit laughing about it, now we laugh about it again.

*swoon*!!!
Oh you and me both girl.

Really enjoying this report! Can't wait to read more.
thank you, I will try and get something out soon.

I guess I don't understand not letting them know you're somewhere safe. Just because you were afraid of them not liking your boyfriend? And, why fear that now? It's a done deal, and you're an adult. :confused3

Maybe you can contact them some day and you can write about your reconciliation! :)
It's a little more then that, It wouldn't have mattered if they liked Rig or not, I was 18 and I could do what I wanted, how I did it was dramatic and extreme, but not without reason. It made it easier to not have to deal with eveything Sir would have done to try and prevent it.
My family could find me if they wanted to, and the only thing Sir could do is try and cause me and Rig some heartache. We have a perfect little life cut out for us, I don't want or need them, I will never contact them I don't care about a reconciliation. I left and didn't look back and that's it.

I am in your writing style is great I love the TR only up to page two since I only came upon it today but will catch up , it is the weekend
I love the weekend, I finsihed my shift today and I don't have to go back again until Monday, so you try and catch up and I'll try and stay ahead. I'll race you to the end.:banana:

I never post in Trip reports - but I now I just HAVE to!!

My favorite comment so far was if an ex-girlfriend had taught Rig to French Braid - Could he French Manicure, because you sure could use one. :thumbsup2

Lee - your writing is awesome. I am a voracious reader and I have to say your style of writing is wonderful. There are forum boards out there for beginning writers to practice - but I think you should really think about blogging. It could be a real career for you. Do some research - I will PM you a blog to get you thinking, that I really enjoy reading.

I have sent the link to this TR to my two DDs19 - I know they are going to get just as hooked as I am. Can't wait for the next installment!!

PS - I have known my DH since we were 17 years old. We weren't high school sweethearts either, but young lovers like you and Rig, and yes - there is a difference. We've been married 22 years and are still madly in love and I still can't wait for him to walk in the door every night. It's hard work - but sooo worth it!!

I like that you pointed out what your favorite comment was so far, it makes this post from you a little more personal:hug:

I am a little confused, what is the difference between writing in a forum and blogging? I have told Rig that so many people think I should write a book, and others have mentioned a blog. I would love to make a career out of it. I could wirte so many stories about Rig being the hero. He is my inspiration you know.

married 22 years, I love to hear that, especially with with so many people divorced nowadays. congratulations to you and your husband, it is hard work, but genuine love does make the load a little easier to bare.

i'm loving your trip report. We were at Pop almost the same time you were...we were there from the 3rd till the 12th. Thinking of starting my pre trip report...but i still have some time. Can't wait to read more....:goodvibes
So many people were at Pop Century the same time as Rig and I. I wonder how many of you I walked past and now I am talking to.

Just wanted to say that I really enjoy your enjoyment of your 1st trip with you husband. You do have a great talent for writting with emotion and expression.

Thank you, I get so excited when I am writing, I can just feel and see and hear everything from that time.

great updates! I am guessing that you do NOT ride Everest during these 8 days????;)
Oh, and you asked what CM stood for= cast members.
Can't wait to hear morepopcorn::

great updates! I am guessing that you do NOT ride Everest during these 8 days????;)
Oh, and you asked what CM stood for= cast members.
Can't wait to hear morepopcorn::
:confused3 do you really want to know that right now?

CM= cast members, that makes total sense, everybody that works at Disney World has a part to play.

darn. I thought you had a new update on here already. I find myself checking your report multiple times of the day to read what's going on. I'm addicted to it!

Offtopic: Do you have any idea why Enzo decided to call himself Meow Meow? We all laugh about what a tough name he picked for himself after coming up with "the brigade". I'm not really cheering anyone on this season... yet. But I like Ragan.

I am a little confused, what is the difference between writing in a forum and blogging? I have told Rig that so many people think I should write a book, and others have mentioned a blog. I would love to make a career out of it. I could wirte so many stories about Rig being the hero. He is my inspiration you know.

Internet forum = Is a discussion site, with individual posts by many people like the DIS!
A Blog = A webpage that is seen publicly and can act as a personal journal by the author.

I gotta say... your TR reads like a book... I can totally see myself as you (with shorter hair) on the rides with Rig.. him with his boots and jeans. I'm guessing his dinner-plate belt buckle and his plaid button up shirt.... *sigh* what woman didn't or doesn't want a cowboy at some point?! LOVE LOVE LOVE your TR! Keep on a-writin!

Omagosh! I have to see it, I love James Dean and I love cowboys. Why haven't I heard of this movie before, I have seem Rebel without a cause like 20 times.

I know James Dean is great! The story is wonderful... Your trip report is also a very interesting!

Oh my goodness :) I didn't cheat! Been reading from the beginning and not reading ahead to find the arrest info lol. So sleepy gotta hear the rest!

Rig was sitting on the wall across from Liberty Tree Tavern, I put my arms around his neck and leaned into him. "You like the hitch on my get-along? Does that mean you like my rear?"

Rig nuzzled my neck, "That's exactly what it means." He spoke low, "I think we need to get us one of them hula hoops and.... keep it in the bedroom."

I felt myself blush and Rig knew it. "I can feel your ears getting warm."

Just to be perfectly clear, we do not have a hula hoop, or a jump rope, pogo stick or trapeze in the bedroom. (we keep those in the barn) :lmao:just kidding.

The music for the parade had started, we could hear it coming, it took some minutes before it got to us, it gave me plenty of time to build up my excitement, and right before it got to the point of being painful I saw it coming, the Mickeys once upon a christmas float. I loved the music I wanted to sing along but I didn't know the words, it didn't stop me from trying though.

and then I saw Mickey and Minnie on their float, "It's Mickey and Minnie Rig, look, Mickey and Minnie." Everybody around us turned at looked at me. I might have been a tad bit loud and a smidge over zealous, I had never seen celebrities before, not in person anyway.

Rig tipped his hat to all of them, "Evenin, it's my wifes first time at Disney world." they all kind of nodded, raised eyebrows, "oooo, yeeeaaahh!" As if remembering what it was like their first time and then forgiving me for my lunatic behavior.

snow whites float was spectacular, I loved watching her dance with prince charming. "Rig that would be my dream job."

through the whole parade I was telling Rig, "Get a picture of this get a picture of that."

cinderella was so beautiful in her carriage, I lost it when I saw Cinderella, she was my princess growing up, Cinderella was my favorite princess movie of all time. I really believed when I was a child that cinderella actually lived in the castle at disney world. Now I know she just works there.
"Rig that's Cinderella."

"I know who it is Babylee."

"That's what I want to do, I want to be Cinderella at disney world, I would love to ride in that carriage, what would you do if you worked here?"

"I'd probably be a pooper scooper."

"eeewwww"

We would come back to this conversation later, I had to take a break and get all wound up over the beast, how do they make a beast look so majestic?
and the person playing Belle looked at him like she was so in love. I believed her.
the wooden soldiers brought chills to me, even Rig was really impressed with them. He didn't take a single picture, he just watched them.

I loved the in line skaters, "Rig, do you think one of them has ever fallen during the parade?"

the floats and characters just kept coming, and the music just kept playing, and I just kept talking.

"Rig is that cookies I smell? Is that part of the parade?"
"Raggedy Ann and Andy. I had a Raggedy Ann, I wasn't allowed to play with her, she just sat on my shelf."
"Omagosh it's Toy Story"
"Goofy Rig, look your favorite."

then it came to an end, the perfect ending with Santa claus, "Rig what if that sleigh fell of the roof?"

"Babylee, I don't know." I know he was thinking that I had asked one dingy question too many

We waited for the crowd to clear out a little.
"We have a little time to kill before the last showing of the fireworks, what should we do?"

Rig wanted to ride space Mountain. So that is the where we headed.

"What was your favorite part of the parade Rig?"

"The marching soldiers, and my least favorite part was the constant commentary from you."

"I didn't ask you about your least favorite part."

"I just thought you should know."

He wasn't upset with me, his crooked grin gave that away.

There wasn't a huge line for space Mountain, Rig was in and out of there in 20 minutes all together. I wasn't about to ride again, not after thunder mountain. Rig said this was his safe ride, he didn't have to worry about anybody biting him on this one since you get to sit alone.

We walked back through tomorrowland. This place is magnificent at night, the colors burn extra bright. We bought a pop before going and claiming our place for the Fireworks.

We found a place real close to the castle, everybody was sitting down, Rig sat down and then I sat infront of him so I would have something to lean back on.

"I can't believe we are here Rig, it doesn't feel real."

"Babylee, can you do me a favor?"

"Anything."

"don't talk through this show."

"Alright but I am going to have double to say when it's over."

"I'm sure you will."

The narrator for the fireworks started talking. "Rig that's Jiminy cricket."

"Not another word Lee."

It didn't matter after that point because I was speechless anyway. How does somebody come up with that? How do you plan fireworks in sync with music? I want to shake that persons hand. some of the fireworks exploded into shapes, there were smiley faces and gift boxes, a star, even a mickey head.

the crowd all around me was oohing and ahing, I liked how as the music would change the pictures projected onto the castle would change, winding gears turned to snowflakes. there was so much going on. this was the perfect ending to a perfect day, I knew it was just the first of many. I laid my head back against Rigs chest with my eyes towards the sky, and with each boom of the fireworks a tear would fall from me.

I found your trip report today and just finished reading the whole thing :goodvibes I'm so looking forward to reading the rest! You are doing a fantastic job :thumbsup2 I've read a lot of reports and I can tell that yours is going to be a favorite :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter