My first time or What have I gotten myself into?

Hi Gene!

I wandered in from Jenn's PTR. Didn't realize this was your first trip! How exciting!

Let's see... must do's:

Magic Kingdom: Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, Jungle Cruise, Tomorrowland Transit Authority, Spectromagic, Wishes, Philharmagic

EPCOT: Spaceship Earth, Soarin', Living with the Land, American Adventure, Illuminations

DHS: Rock 'n Rollercoaster, Tower of Terror, Star Tours, MuppetVision 3D, Great Movie Ride, Fantasmic, and of course Toy Story Mania

Animal Kingdom: Everest, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Finding Nemo the Musical (in my opinion the best live show), Festival of the Lion King, It's Tough to be a Bug

I've never understood the pin trading phenomenon, but a lot of people do it. You can trade with the cast members and get some unique pins from what I understand. On the trip I just came back from, I bought my first pin ever: a 9/9/2009 pin.

Keep the questions coming; we'll be happy to answer them!

Hi Gene!

I wandered in from Jenn's PTR. Didn't realize this was your first trip! How exciting!

Let's see... must do's:

Magic Kingdom: Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, Jungle Cruise, Tomorrowland Transit Authority, Spectromagic, Wishes, Philharmagic

EPCOT: Spaceship Earth, Soarin', Living with the Land, American Adventure, Illuminations

DHS: Rock 'n Rollercoaster, Tower of Terror, Star Tours, MuppetVision 3D, Great Movie Ride, Fantasmic, and of course Toy Story Mania

Animal Kingdom: Everest, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Finding Nemo the Musical (in my opinion the best live show), Festival of the Lion King, It's Tough to be a Bug

I've never understood the pin trading phenomenon, but a lot of people do it. You can trade with the cast members and get some unique pins from what I understand. On the trip I just came back from, I bought my first pin ever: a 9/9/2009 pin.

Keep the questions coming; we'll be happy to answer them!

Wow! Thanks for coming over Scott. I never realized how much planning a
Disney trip took. I can tell you I have been all over the world and this trip
is requiring more planning than any of those others.

Thanks for the list of rides/attractions. I looks like my list keeps growing.
I wonder if we can do all of these in 5 days or will we need to start the 2010
trip planning.

Gene

HI GENE!!
Sooo excited for you! You and your wife are going to have the time of your life.
My husband and I leave in 7 days. Don't exhaust yourself trying to cram everything in just pick out what looks interesting. Try not to miss Soarin it is awesome! Also the counter service there (in the Land) is really good and they give you large enough portions that are big enough to share. The time of year your going is great. Have a wonderful time and don't forget to share it with us when you get back.

HI GENE!!
Sooo excited for you! You and your wife are going to have the time of your life.
My husband and I leave in 7 days. Don't exhaust yourself trying to cram everything in just pick out what looks interesting. Try not to miss Soarin it is awesome! Also the counter service there (in the Land) is really good and they give you large enough portions that are big enough to share. The time of year your going is great. Have a wonderful time and don't forget to share it with us when you get back.

7 Days, I know the excitement has to be great!. We will work hard not to over
do it. We are planning our days accordingly.

Soarin is a definite must do on our list.

Um.. counter service has been recommended by a couple of folks now. We
will probably use it the days we do not come back to Fort Wilderness for
lunch and sharing is always good for us. We just do not eat as much as we
used to. This is a GOOD thing!!!

We chose this time of year to go based on my wife's ability to get time off
and it is my photography businesses slow season. My day job is also slow
during the holidays(I work in IT during the day and my studio at night).

Thanks for the great tips and welcome to my pre-trip report.

Will be watching for your trip report when you return!!!

Gene

Wow! Thanks for coming over Scott. I never realized how much planning a
Disney trip took. I can tell you I have been all over the world and this trip
is requiring more planning than any of those others.

Thanks for the list of rides/attractions. I looks like my list keeps growing.
I wonder if we can do all of these in 5 days or will we need to start the 2010
trip planning.

Gene

I think you could get my list done in 5 days, assuming Fantasmic is showing in those 5 days, and depending on the crowds. Not sure how crowded your dates in December are going to be, but I'm fairly sure it won't be full Christmas season yet.

Yes, planning a Disney trip can be a bit obsessive, but with so much to do it really helps to have a general plan.

I think you could get my list done in 5 days, assuming Fantasmic is showing in those 5 days, and depending on the crowds. Not sure how crowded your dates in December are going to be, but I'm fairly sure it won't be full Christmas season yet.

Yes, planning a Disney trip can be a bit obsessive, but with so much to do it really helps to have a general plan.

Scott, thanks and looking at my plan (I am a plan-a-holic) I think we will be
able to hit everything we want in the time we have. We will actually have 6
days at the parks. So 2 at MK, 2 at Epcot, 1 ea at AK and HS. Plus we have
tickets to MVMCP the last night we are there.

The next 80+ days can not go by fast enough. Still have things to do to the
5th wheel and truck and need to find a smaller bag for our camera gear.

You camera work is excellent. You have shown what a capable camera the
Rebel series is. My favorite lenses are the Canon 28-70 f2.8L and the 70-200 f2.8L IS.
Absolutely love them. My wish list is an 85mm f1.2L.

Gene

Scott, thanks and looking at my plan (I am a plan-a-holic) I think we will be
able to hit everything we want in the time we have. We will actually have 6
days at the parks. So 2 at MK, 2 at Epcot, 1 ea at AK and HS. Plus we have
tickets to MVMCP the last night we are there.

The next 80+ days can not go by fast enough. Still have things to do to the
5th wheel and truck and need to find a smaller bag for our camera gear.

You camera work is excellent. You have shown what a capable camera the
Rebel series is. My favorite lenses are the Canon 28-70 f2.8L and the 70-200 f2.8L IS.
Absolutely love them. My wish list is an 85mm f1.2L.

Gene

With 6 days you should be able to knock out the list I made and then some.

The 70-200 is on my wishlist along with a speedlight (probably the 580 EX II). The flash on the XSi is good for a fill but that's about it. My 18-55 doesn't get me the reach I'd like a lot of times. It's pretty good for what it does, though.

And in this one has our MVMCP tickets in it!!!

Wooo hooooo...

Okay.. time to go meet with the client. Shooting a boudoir series for her
soldier husband. Should be a fun shoot.

Scott, the 580 EX II is a super flash. If you want to try off camera flash
sometime check out radio poppers and what they can do. Lots of fun.

Thank for the confirmation that we should be able to cover most everything in
5 days.

Gene

Hi Gene,
If you utlize the fast pass system, your list of things to do will be a breeze.
I agree with you about isney taking so much planning, seems like for all my other trips all I have to do is pack a bag and go. But serious planning for a Disney trip is fun and helps the time pass by quickly.

Wow.. I can hardly believe how much time has passed since my last update.

Life has gotten in the way. I have been away taking care of business and my
mother, who passed away on Dec. 5th. One of her last wishes was for us to
go on this vacation. I was ready to cancel and all but we will be carrying on.

We have everything just about ready to load in to the truck and camper.
All is paid up and come Thursday morning we are headed to the Ft Wilderness.

We are basing our park itinerary around our ADRs.

For now we are just watching the weather and looking forward to happy times.

Gene

Gene, I'm so sorry about your mother.. *hugs*!

Enjoy your vacation twice as much now and just enjoy being down there!

We are back from our trip and will be posting a TR soon. Thanks to all for the well wishes...
It was bitter sweet vacation but I am now a WDW Convert. We can not wait to go back, in
fact we are already making plans for 2010.

Gene

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter