• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My First Solo Trip! Any ideas/tips?!

amanda0908

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone- I'm taking my first solo trip (spontaneous, at that) and I'll get there Oct 1st. I'm planning on definitely going to the Halloween party, but does anyone have anything that they LOVE doing while there alone? I love photography so I definitely plan on taking some quality time with my Nikon while there too :cheer2:

Hey everyone- I'm taking my first solo trip (spontaneous, at that) and I'll get there Oct 1st. I'm planning on definitely going to the Halloween party, but does anyone have anything that they LOVE doing while there alone? I love photography so I definitely plan on taking some quality time with my Nikon while there too :cheer2:

My first solo trip too :yay:

Arrive on the 26th Sep until 10th Oct and just looking forward to doing exactly what I want to do :)

It's my first solo trip too - 9/30-10/3 (unless you count a day I spent at Disneyland a few years ago). The things I'm looking forward to most are:
  • Attending a rope drop (I could never convince my fellow travelers to wake up and get moving that early!).
  • Take lots of photos. Take lots of video of 'atmosphere' things so I can feel like I'm in the parks in the following months.
  • Stay at the parks as late as I can tolerate. MK is open till midnight 10/1 and again for MNSSHP on 10/2!
  • Going at my own pace, which sometimes will be fast and sometimes will be slow.
  • And finally I'm really hoping to make some friends with some other parks nerds at various events throughout the weekend.

I hope you have a great time. Maybe I'll see you there (and of course not even know it!).

So glad I'm not the only one who thinks a trip to Disney alone is AMAZING! Hope you all have an awesome time! I only get to go Oct 1st- 4th but I fully intend on being there at Rope Drop and staying until the parks close everyday I am there- definitely going to make the most of it!

So glad I'm not the only one who thinks a trip to Disney alone is AMAZING! Hope you all have an awesome time! I only get to go Oct 1st- 4th but I fully intend on being there at Rope Drop and staying until the parks close everyday I am there- definitely going to make the most of it!

There's a good list of some of the events going on during the weekend at disneytouristblog.com in the news section. I plan to attend at least a couple of these (definitely the TouringPlans meetup at Epcot).

I intend to post updates on these and any other meetups I learn about on twitter (@AxJaxDiz) while I'm there. I've never attended a meetup but I'm looking forward to some nerdy Disney parks discussion with new people.

I'm going solo Sept. 29-Oct. 3. Right now, I'm planning on being at MK on the 1st for rope drop & I'm going to the Wine & Dine after party that night hopefully. Looking forward to doing whatever whenever. Its my first completely solo trip, but I've been to the parks solo before during my CP.

I'll be there Friday, 9/29 until Sun., 10/2. I arrive Friday morning, plan on doing AK and/or Epcot and then MNSSHP that night. Sat. morning is MK, then GF for lunch, then DHS (or HS), then back to MK. Sunday is Epcot and the Food and Wine. My flight leaves at 7:50 pm, so I have all day for the parks.
I have been on one solo trip before and really NEED this trip. I go with my kids a few times a year and I want this trip to be relaxing, not ride focused, and take in the atmosphere and see some shows.
I hope you have a GREAT trip!! I know you will!:thumbsup2

Hi all, I have been going to the world for many years, I'm a passholder and go every month, but Im going solo for the first time Sept. 29 to Oct 2. My family and friends don't understand my love for the land, but that's OK! I wouldnt miss the 40th and Im gonna have a great time!

There will be special things happening at MK on 10/1. I'd be sure and go there first.

As far as solo tips...use single rider. Talk to your neighbors at your table service meals. Offer to take pictures of others. Go slowly and enjoy the details. Be spontaneous. Go to the bus stop and hop on the next bus no matter where it goes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter