my first post

Hi everybody I hope everyone is doing good :)

So i wanted the kids to choose what we would do first and here it goes
since we didn't get our travel times (we have the dates but not the time)
we are doing a mock up ;)

21 october

stay at GKTW and do some shopping before going to the parks(save on souvenirs)

22 october

Universal studios since it halloween i wanted to go on a day they did not have HHN

23 october

Animal kingdom in the morning so we can see the animals since it won't be that hot then off to MNSSHP

24 october

hollywood studios

25 october

epcot

26 october

Magic Kingdom

27 we stay at GKTW then home

so what do you guys think???

:wave2:

It sounds like a great plan.

I know you guys will have a great time. I got my MNSSHP a few minutes ago--with DH and MIL watching me :lmao: I was afraid 10/31 would sell out before I got them. I don't even like to look at the advertisements for HHN at Universal-too scary. I am the gal who closes her eyes in the attic of the Haunted Mansion.

Hi
I just wanted to say how wonderful and strong your daughter has been through all this and that im so pleased that your all getting to go on this wonderful trip.
I really hope that Amanda has the trip she has been dreaming of.

We are actually at Disney the same time as you and are going to the MNSSHP on the 23rd too :) Has Amanda decided what she wants to go as yet?

Its always amazing when a child who is sick stays so strong,I have been sick myself for around 6yrs now I have a granulated tumour that keeps growing into my mastoid and giving me a severe infection that goes into my mastoid bone and towards the lining of my brain!
I have just completed my 3rd major head surgery that i have been too sick to have for the last 6 months,We booked to go to Disney over a yr ago and for the last 4 months didnt think that we would be able to go.

Its my children who i was desperate to make the trip for as they have had to put up with months of me being in and out of hospital and too sick to go out and do fun things with them,plus the god knows how many times we have made plans and then ive broken them from being ill.
They dont know about the trip as we was really worried it wouldnt happen BUT thankfully it looks like all is well! Apart from the post op infection all healing is going well.

I know how i have felt as an adult dealing with an illness that doesnt even compare to Amandas and the days ive felt quite sorry for myself so you must be incredibly proud of how Amanda has delt with everything and its such a delight to know that she is going to have a trip that she really deserves!

Im lucky i have a wonderful mum who drives over 6hours the minute im hospitalised and then stays with us for months on end! Plus a Dh who although in the Airforce comes home and does all the housework looks after the boys etc and doesnt complain while im stuck in bed Im so grateful.
So please also be very proud of yourself for doing all that you can to make sure your family stays afloat through these incredibly tough times........YOU also deserve this trip for keeping your family together in hard times...

xxpixiedust:xx

I look forward to hearing more about your plans :)

Thanks for sharing your story.. your family seems amazing.
That is fantastic about the hope of the 2013 benefit for families, i hope it goes through. Glad you found somewhere that is understanding with your job.
We are also going to disney the same time :) It is one of the best weeks to go if you follow the best weeks in 2012 ( i know its 4th 5th or 6th best week)
Cant wait to hear about your trip and wishing tons of healthy vibes to your daughter

:wave2:

It sounds like a great plan.

I know you guys will have a great time. I got my MNSSHP a few minutes ago--with DH and MIL watching me :lmao: I was afraid 10/31 would sell out before I got them. I don't even like to look at the advertisements for HHN at Universal-too scary. I am the gal who closes her eyes in the attic of the Haunted Mansion.

it was hard to figure out what day to go to universal cause i think they leave alot of props up of HHN . for the older kids its ok but for ryan i am scared that he will be scared lol.

Hi
I just wanted to say how wonderful and strong your daughter has been through all this and that im so pleased that your all getting to go on this wonderful trip.
I really hope that Amanda has the trip she has been dreaming of.

We are actually at Disney the same time as you and are going to the MNSSHP on the 23rd too :) Has Amanda decided what she wants to go as yet?

Its always amazing when a child who is sick stays so strong,I have been sick myself for around 6yrs now I have a granulated tumour that keeps growing into my mastoid and giving me a severe infection that goes into my mastoid bone and towards the lining of my brain!
I have just completed my 3rd major head surgery that i have been too sick to have for the last 6 months,We booked to go to Disney over a yr ago and for the last 4 months didnt think that we would be able to go.

Its my children who i was desperate to make the trip for as they have had to put up with months of me being in and out of hospital and too sick to go out and do fun things with them,plus the god knows how many times we have made plans and then ive broken them from being ill.
They dont know about the trip as we was really worried it wouldnt happen BUT thankfully it looks like all is well! Apart from the post op infection all healing is going well.

I know how i have felt as an adult dealing with an illness that doesnt even compare to Amandas and the days ive felt quite sorry for myself so you must be incredibly proud of how Amanda has delt with everything and its such a delight to know that she is going to have a trip that she really deserves!

Im lucky i have a wonderful mum who drives over 6hours the minute im hospitalised and then stays with us for months on end! Plus a Dh who although in the Airforce comes home and does all the housework looks after the boys etc and doesnt complain while im stuck in bed Im so grateful.
So please also be very proud of yourself for doing all that you can to make sure your family stays afloat through these incredibly tough times........YOU also deserve this trip for keeping your family together in hard times...

xxpixiedust:xx

I look forward to hearing more about your plans :)

Wow the same day I really do hope we see each other :)
Amanda doesn`t know yet what she wants to go as she is still debating.

i am so sorry to hear what you are going through, sometimes i would sit and cry saying why her why us but when i see her so tough as she is still content and happy even with what she has i thank god for an amazing daughter and i say if she can be strong so can i .

it is hard day to day but we still have to push through it.

I hope your healing goes well so that you can also with your family get a break from reality ;)

Thanks for sharing your story.. your family seems amazing.
That is fantastic about the hope of the 2013 benefit for families, i hope it goes through. Glad you found somewhere that is understanding with your job.
We are also going to disney the same time :) It is one of the best weeks to go if you follow the best weeks in 2012 ( i know its 4th 5th or 6th best week)
Cant wait to hear about your trip and wishing tons of healthy vibes to your daughter

Thanks are you or did you start a PTR? i would love to see it

I recieved a PM asking us to participate in the BIG GIVE!!!:cool1::cool1:

We are so excited. I can`t even express in words how much this means.
all i can actually come up with right now is thank you,thank you very much.

Amanda is amazing & inspiring, as are you, Mom! I just saw an idea today of taking pillowcases & sharpies so you can get the pillowcases autographed rather than a book. This might be a great (relatively cheap to boot!) cherished souvenir for years to come as well as a comforting item. You should definitely think about making shirts for the family to add to the magic while you are at the World & to pass the time at home & keep excitement high. MNSSHP is AMAZING! I would recommend you take an extra bag/backpack so you can empty your kids goody bags as needed. The bags seem to have gotten smaller over the years, like everything else! Will be following your story & offering prayers & pixie dust.

:) So what is the "Big Give". I know it has something to do with GKTW---inquiring minds. popcorn::

the big give is a wonderful group of disers that make a wish childs trip even more magical by sending custom gifts

just like you did toddylu :)

i have read past wish trips with families who participated in the big give and the looks on the childrens faces were priceless.
its just amazing watching a child open a gift and know it was sent from people ho just want to make that child feel more special than they already are :hug:

its been a couple of weeks now that my house has been filled with disney music by toddylu. we all sing together and its just more memories to share :cool1:

:cool1: Fantastic to know I am already participating!! So glad you guys are enjoying the music! I am listening to it as I type. Have a great weekend...

from your Southern Peep.

Hi guys :)
Remember when I said we received tickets from the hospital for "how to train your dragon"
Well we went and it was amazing the kids had so much fun. Even I was into it .
I thought it would really be boring but wow the effects the dragons were so lifelike.
We took pics of the show will post them soon.
Hope everyone is doing great.

Hi guys

well this week Amanda had 2 doc appointments
one was an MRI which was funny
the first time she was in the MRI machine broke so the whole day she was laughing saying she broke the machine lol
they re-scheduled for 2 days after at the same time as her normal doc appointment.

that one went good they did not see any signs of her disease coming back but because we did not get her MRI done they could not go down on her medication.

:hug: Oh, poot!! I hate they couldn't lover her meds...but she is a trooper. I am glad you enjoyed the show the other night. Todd and I ordered our MNSSHP last weekend so we are getting ready--only 2 months from today. About 7 weeks for you guys, right. I cannot wait to hear all about the trip.

Keep us updated, I am a subcriber :wave2:

:) So what is the "Big Give". I know it has something to do with GKTW---inquiring minds. popcorn::

Just wanted to clear this up a little bit. We have nothing to do with Give Kids the World. We are just a group of Disers who make things for families going on Wish trips. :thumbsup2

Joining along... Looking forward to hearing more about your planning details. EKKK! Y'all are going to have so much fun! :)

Your kids are so precious... tell us more about their fave Disney characters & what they're looking forward to the most during y'alls trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter