My first MDE+ try - ugh

hoosll

DIS Veteran
Okay we go 2/4/14 so today was my day to sign up for FP+ ...

First, I set up a park then realized that I had set everything up on the WRONG day ... there seems no way to cancel anything ... so I'm stuck ... yes, you can change the times of your FP+ but there is no way to change a park/day association once you make it (that I could find!)

Then it seems that there is a limit to the number of days that you can use FP+ because on our last day we are not allowed to ANY FP+ ... so what's the story here, it's not based on the length of your trip ... we have 5-day hoppers that I plan to add a day to when we get there so maybe the length is based on your ticket. When I add the extra day THEN maybe another day will open up (too late to make any FP+ ...)

For MK, I was allowed to pick 3 rides ... no choice for parade or wishes during my stay. For some attractions, it is greyed out if being refurbished but it is not clear if other attractions that are "full" are just not shown ... was especially surprised that all morning safari rides at AK were gone on a predicted low turnout day for AK

This may be our last time with park-hoppers ... what is the point except to change parks for the evening shows ... the days of 3 parks in a day hitting our favorite rides is over.

1) First, I set up a park then realized that I had set everything up on the WRONG day ... there seems no way to cancel anything ... so I'm stuck ... yes, you can change the times of your FP+ but there is no way to change a park/day association once you make it (that I could find!)

2)Then it seems that there is a limit to the number of days that you can use FP+ because on our last day we are not allowed to ANY FP+ ... so what's the story here, it's not based on the length of your trip ... we have 5-day hoppers that I plan to add a day to when we get there so maybe the length is based on your ticket. When I add the extra day THEN maybe another day will open up (too late to make any FP+ ...)

3)For MK, I was allowed to pick 3 rides ... no choice for parade or wishes during my stay. For some attractions, it is greyed out if being refurbished but it is not clear if other attractions that are "full" are just not shown ... was especially surprised that all morning safari rides at AK were gone on a predicted low turnout day for AK

4)This may be our last time with park-hoppers ... what is the point except to change parks for the evening shows ... the days of 3 parks in a day hitting our favorite rides is over.

1) This is on the website, don't know how it works on the app: Choose Modify Fastpass+ and then on the screen that opens, use the Back button in the lower right. That SHOULD open a screen that gives you the option to cancel your FP+ reservations for the day. Sometimes you have to do it more than once. Hello glitch!
2) Yup. You can only make FP+ ressies for the number of days you have tickets for.
3) Parade, Fireworks FP+s don't seem to show up until somewhere around 2 weeks before your trip.
4) Might be. Some people like to make FP+ ressies for afternoon rides in one park and hit a different park at rope drop for short lines on rides there. Maybe that will work for you?

First, I set up a park then realized that I had set everything up on the WRONG day ... there seems no way to cancel anything ... so I'm stuck ... yes, you can change the times of your FP+ but there is no way to change a park/day association once you make it (that I could find!)

Then it seems that there is a limit to the number of days that you can use FP+ because on our last day we are not allowed to ANY FP+ ... so what's the story here, it's not based on the length of your trip ... we have 5-day hoppers that I plan to add a day to when we get there so maybe the length is based on your ticket. When I add the extra day THEN maybe another day will open up (too late to make any FP+ ...)

For MK, I was allowed to pick 3 rides ... no choice for parade or wishes during my stay. For some attractions, it is greyed out if being refurbished but it is not clear if other attractions that are "full" are just not shown ... was especially surprised that all morning safari rides at AK were gone on a predicted low turnout day for AK

This may be our last time with park-hoppers ... what is the point except to change parks for the evening shows ... the days of 3 parks in a day hitting our favorite rides is over.

You can change your park from one park to another I know that - I don't remember how to do it but I did it for our November trip.

Number of FP+ days is directly linked to the number of days you have tickets for. If you want to upgrade to another day I think you can call and do it over the phone then you'd be able to book FP+ for that day too.

There is a way to change the park... I accidentally did the same thing. I can't remember exactly how, only that it was a pain to do.

I agree about the park hopping... felt like I wasted my money on that!

"I agree about the park hopping... felt like I wasted my money on that! " from Nichols4

We were just getting ready to book our first WDW trip including park hopper tickets. Having never been there, I'm now getting worried that we might be plunking down some wasted money. With FP+ do you have to use them all in the same park on the same day? That's really limiting your choices if you want to hit another park.

The suggestion to go to one park in the morning and hurry to the rides and then go to another park in the afternoon with FP+ won't work because I'm slowed down by using an ECV.

:confused3

weetot said:
"I agree about the park hopping... felt like I wasted my money on that! " from Nichols4

We were just getting ready to book our first WDW trip including park hopper tickets. Having never been there, I'm now getting worried that we might be plunking down some wasted money. With FP+ do you have to use them all in the same park on the same day? That's really limiting your choices if you want to hit another park.

The suggestion to go to one park in the morning and hurry to the rides and then go to another park in the afternoon with FP+ won't work because I'm slowed down by using an ECV.

:confused3

Yes..they are good for one park only per day.

And I am still so frustrated. Yes, once you choose an attraction you can change the time or the attraction but even though they say you can have "2 or less" attractions, there doesn't seem to be a way to delete an attraction.

I think I can now totally change a park on a day but I'm terrified to do it.

I used to design and debug interfaces and I think that is what frustrates me so much with the new MDE screens - it is so linear and narrow.

I still refuse to make any dining reservations (due to new cancellation policy) and we have let our annual passes lapse (due to FP+ and small number of FPs) ... Disney are you listening ...

Disney are you listening ... Don't penalize the loyal customer

Disney are you listening ...

And I am still so frustrated. Yes, once you choose an attraction you can change the time or the attraction but even though they say you can have "2 or less" attractions, there doesn't seem to be a way to delete an attraction.

I think I can now totally change a park on a day but I'm terrified to do it.

I used to design and debug interfaces and I think that is what frustrates me so much with the new MDE screens - it is so linear and narrow.

I still refuse to make any dining reservations (due to new cancellation policy) and we have let our annual passes lapse (due to FP+ and small number of FPs) ... Disney are you listening ...

Disney are you listening ... Don't penalize the loyal customer

Disney are you listening ...

Changing the park won't mess anything up. Just go in and do it. I've done it many times. I added parks and taken them away. At one time I had late day FP+'s and never even picked a park for the day. It has nothing to do with your reservations.

If you want to be sure Disney hears you, send them an email. There's no guarantee that they are reading this post.

I'm sorry you're having such problems. MDE is an awful, awful interface.

During our October trip, we had 5 day tickets that we wanted to add a day to once we got there so we could take advantage of price bridging. Before our trip, I made my FP+ selections for the 5 days that I thought that FP+ would be most helpful, which were all of our days except our AK day. It helped that the AK day was toward the end of the trip, so I'd still have several days of lead time once we arrived to do FP+. I didn't have any problems getting the FP+ times I wanted (actually, for AK, we only wanted one FP+ (for the Safari) so the others went unused). Same day FP+ availability only really seems to be a problem at DHS and Epcot, and then only for Soarin', possibly TT, and TSM.

I had a few problems yesterday but I called and got a CM to go in and change things for me. They were pleasant and had everything fixed in a few minutes:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter