My First Dining Review - Leap Day & 3 More on DxDP

Dopey4Life

Mouseketeer
This will be my first dining review! Last November, my husband and I discovered our love for the DxDP plan. Okay, so maybe it is my love for DxDP!

In 17 days, my cousin and I are going to WDW for a once-in-a-lifetime experience, Leap day at MK. We decided to combine that with 4 days on the DxDP.

Since my husband has to work and there is no way I was trying 24 hours with my three year old daughter :eek:, my cousin said she would love to go. We decided only about 45 days out, so I was amazed at the ADRs I was still able to get. :banana:

We arrive the evening of the 28th and are staying at Pop Century. I stayed there in 2006 and last November. This is my cousin's first time staying on-site other than at Fort Wilderness. We are aiming to get up early and be at MK for 6 am RD on Leap Day. We'll see how that goes!:woohoo:

I am really excited because this is my cousin's first time on the dining plan. She and I are not very adventurous (did I spell that right?) eaters, but here is what I have planned so far

Leap Day - Feb 29 - Magic Kingdom
Mid-morning Breakfast - Cinderella's Royal Table -This is my cousin's first time eating in the castle.
Dinner - Tony's Town Square - I know most don't like Tony's but I always do.

March 1 - Epcot (Once we roll out of bed, depending how late we make it at MK on Leap Day)
Lunch - Les Chefs de France - This is my first time here and my mouth is already watering for the onion soup, gratin de macaroni, and creme brulee.
Dinner - Via Napoli - I will probably get my favorites - arancini, to start, then the Mezzi Rigatoni alla Crema, and lemon sorbet for dessert.:dance3:

March 2 - Hollywood Studios
Pre-RD Breakfast Hollywood & Vine - We are mostly going for some decent breakfast buffet to then head right to TSM.
Lunch - Mama Melrose for Fantasmic package - I think I will probably start with Mozzarella and Tomatoes, then Penne ala Vodka, and vanilla gelato for dessert.
After Fantasmic, we are headed to Epct for EMH and a late dinner at Teppan Edo. I think I am going with Edamame (tried some of MIL's last time) to start, Nihonbashi - steak and chicken, and the green tea pudding for dessert - which I love! :love:

March 3 - Animal Kingdom
We are planning to arrive for morning EMH for EE and the Safari. Then a mid-morning Brunch at Tusker House for our last day.

What do you think of the ADRs I have planned? : have 12 meal credits total, so there is a little more room to stuff ourselves!

I am also hoping to try to fit in some snacks, including:
Dole Whip - Orange is my favorite :cloud9:
Sweet Cream Cheese pretzel - I tried my first last November and loved it
Karmel Corn from the German Karmel shoppe
Apple Turnover

Any other snacks we must try?

Thanks for taking the time to read my first dining review thread. I hope you like to, because I know we will love eating it all. I am not sure we will be able to move though for a few weeks!

I think your plan looks great! How exciting to be there on leap day! :thumbsup2

I agree that Tony's gets a lot of bad reviews ... it has been hit or miss for us in the past as well. I have found that we like lunch more than dinner and I love the atmosphere so much that we seem to always go back!

As for snacks, we finally tried the carrot cake cookie at Writer's Stop last year and LOVED it!

I think your plan looks great! How exciting to be there on leap day! :thumbsup2

I agree that Tony's gets a lot of bad reviews ... it has been hit or miss for us in the past as well. I have found that we like lunch more than dinner and I love the atmosphere so much that we seem to always go back!

As for snacks, we finally tried the carrot cake cookie at Writer's Stop last year and LOVED it!

:hug:Thanks, GoofySon'sMom! We have typically done lunch at Tony's, too. We'll see how dinner is this time. I wish it was Fall, because I always love their pumpkin cheesecake!

I will definitely have to try the carrot cake cookie. I had the chocolate peanut butter one last time and it was amazing!

Do you have a next trip planned?

I'm really looking forward to your reviews, especially Tony's, Via Napoli and Mama Melrose. It seems our next trip is morphing into the italian lunch trip!

Oh, how we adore Les Chefs for lunch! I know you have your heart set on the creme brulee; might I suggest that you talk your cousin into ordering the profiteroles (so you can taste those, too)? They look kind of plain, but they are soooo special. That chocolate sauce on top is amazing!

I'm really looking forward to your reviews, especially Tony's, Via Napoli and Mama Melrose. It seems our next trip is morphing into the italian lunch trip!

Oh, how we adore Les Chefs for lunch! I know you have your heart set on the creme brulee; might I suggest that you talk your cousin into ordering the profiteroles (so you can taste those, too)? They look kind of plain, but they are soooo special. That chocolate sauce on top is amazing!

We love italian - carbs, so we are pretty heavy on the italian fare. Via Napoli is probably my most favorite, but Mama Melrose is very close behind it. I love Tony's for the theme and the easy location in MK.

I am going to have to talk my cousin into sharing the creme brulee and profiteroles - I have never heard of those - with me.

@iloveeyore - when is your next trip planned for?

We love italian - carbs, so we are pretty heavy on the italian fare. Via Napoli is probably my most favorite, but Mama Melrose is very close behind it. I love Tony's for the theme and the easy location in MK.

I am going to have to talk my cousin into sharing the creme brulee and profiteroles - I have never heard of those - with me.

@iloveeyore - when is your next trip planned for?

Yes, we love italian food also, but haven't eaten at an italian place in Disney since 1991 or 92 when Mama Melrose first opened and there was a different restaurant in the italy pavilion (the name escapes me now but it will come to me ETA - Alfredos!).

Our next trip is in August; I just made our 180-day-mark ADRs last week!

Iloveeyore - that's great you just got to book your ADRs for August. We are going again Sept 27 thru Oct 1 for our 1st MNSSHP. I can't wait to book ADRs in about 45 days. It is for a mother/daughter weekend - my cousin and I are taking her 5 year old daughter and my 3 1/2 daughter for 4 days. I am planning lots of character meals.

Soooo, I was thinking today what my first snack is going to be. Since we are going to try for 6 am RD on Leap day and our ADR at CRT is at 10:10 am, I am thinking something from Main Street Bakery for early early snack. I love the cream cheese danish and the apple turnover - I am drooling right now!

Your reservations look great!

One of my favorite--and most indulgent--snacks at the World is the ice cream cookie sandwich. It's a giant scoop of ice cream put between two fresh cookies. It's enormous (get one to share) and soooo delicious. And you can mix up the flavors of the ice cream and the cookies. (Chocolate chip cookies + chocolate ice cream = AMAZING)

Have fun at One More Disney Day! I know I'm going to be living vicariously through Twitter and blogs, haha.

Your reservations look great!

One of my favorite--and most indulgent--snacks at the World is the ice cream cookie sandwich. It's a giant scoop of ice cream put between two fresh cookies. It's enormous (get one to share) and soooo delicious. And you can mix up the flavors of the ice cream and the cookies. (Chocolate chip cookies + chocolate ice cream = AMAZING)

Have fun at One More Disney Day! I know I'm going to be living vicariously through Twitter and blogs, haha.

Disfencer - my husband's favorite is the ice cream cookie sandwich, too. He discovered the All-Star Movies and Pop Century food courts also have them. Though, he does not share when he gets one. Since he has to work and is unable to come with me for One More Disney Day, maybe my cousin and I will have to share on in his honor.

We will definitely make a stop at Main Street Bakery!

Im arriving at the pop with my daughter on the 28th as well.....going to MK later in the day for MK leap day...since my daughter is 10 i wont last as long as i would like to but hoping for a least midnight or 1am.....have fun....oh and your ADR's look great

Im arriving at the pop with my daughter on the 28th as well.....going to MK later in the day for MK leap day...since my daughter is 10 i wont last as long as i would like to but hoping for a least midnight or 1am.....have fun....oh and your ADR's look great

Since we are both staying at Pop, we should try to meet up. My cousin and I are flying in late on the 28th, but we are going to try to stay as late as we can on the 29th. Maybe we can have a Dole Whip together in MK on Leap Day.

Are you on the Lines chat? My name on that chat is Married2Dopey4Life and I will probably be posting most of Leap Day. My husband wants me to do hourly posts for him since he has to work and can't come. He came up with the idea of holding up a sign for the hour (i.e. 6 am) and taking a picture of whatever we are doing at that time.

I just did online check-in. Only 10 days until the adventure (and food) begins!

It is going to be so hard to decide on which snacks from the Karamelle-Kuche Shop in Germany and the Boulangerie Patisserie in France. What do you think? I am thinking maybe caramel corn and the chocolate covered caramel square with sea salt from Germany. I can't decide what from the French bakery.

hey i sent you a private message.....also when u checked in online did u have to print something or does it get sent to your e mail....i dont have a printer till i go back to work on tuesday but i want to check in online

hey i sent you a private message.....also when u checked in online did u have to print something or does it get sent to your e mail....i dont have a printer till i go back to work on tuesday but i want to check in online

For online check-in, you can print the information off when you complete the check-in process. The check-in confirmation also gets emailed to you. I actually check-in online, but don't print the information. I just keep a copy of my itinerary with me.

It is only 4 days until we arrive at the World and our Leap Day adventure begins. We are going to start our day at Rope Drop (hopefully) and probably head straight to Space Mountain.

Our breakfast reservations for Cinderella's Royal Table is at 10:10 am. I am debating on a nap in the early afternoon in order to keep us charged for the rest of the day - but I don't want to miss the 3 o'clock parade - such a dilemna!

Dinner reservations at Tony's for 5 pm and then so more rides before Wishes at 8 pm. I still wish I could have got Dessert Party Reservations, but no such luck. We are also planning the watch 10 pm Main Street Electrical parade.

At midnight, we are planning the Lines Meet & Greet at the Tomorrowland Terrace with sweets from Babycakes - Yum! Then, we are planning the Lines/Touring Plans game, which starts at 1 am.

I am thinking we will also need to refuel sometime and am leaning towards the Plaza Restaurant since it is open until 3 am. I have a 10:10 pm ADR for Plaza Restaurant that I added last night, but it might be more a 11 pm or so meal since we have plenty of credits on DxDP. I will keep everyone posted.

In addition to my food pictures and reviews, I am going to do hourly pictures for our adventures on Leap Day. Though, I am thinking I will not have time for Live posts.

Please stay tuned...

Can't wait to hear your reviews when you get back, and I hope you had a great time yesterday!

We had a wonderful trip - though I am used to 10 days trips, so this seemed very short. We did make it the whole day for Leap day at Magic Kingdom. I will give details on that. Unfortunately, since we stayed up the whole 24 hours, we did not make it to Les Chefs de France on Thursday for lunch as planned :sad1:. It will have to be an ADR for next trip.

I am uploading the pictures, but hope to have them up over the next few nights. It was a wonderful trip with great food. Will post more soon!

We had a wonderful trip - though I am used to 10 days trips, so this seemed very short. We did make it the whole day for Leap day at Magic Kingdom. I will give details on that. Unfortunately, since we stayed up the whole 24 hours, we did not make it to Les Chefs de France on Thursday for lunch as planned :sad1:. It will have to be an ADR for next trip.

I am uploading the pictures, but hope to have them up over the next few nights. It was a wonderful trip with great food. Will post more soon!

Sounds great! Signing in!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter