My First Complete Reoprt 9-13 to 9-18

shoegirl1020

Mouseketeer
After creating a complete trip report and then losing it in my computer I'm making this one shorter:rotfl:
Cast: Me (33 paralegal); dh34, actually my ex-husband, but he doubles as my nanny; dd10; ds8 (special needs) and ds2

Transportion: Magic Express
We also flew Southwest. Great trip both ways, on the way home only 70 people on the entire flight. So why then was it necessary for a complete stranger to have to sit with dh and dd? I should add that dh is 6'7 and BIG!!

Magical Moments: WE WON A LIMO RIDE FROM THE AIRPORT TO THE HOTEL:banana: Also dd10 played a game at AK and we all get certificates.

GAC: Our first time, barely needed it, but did come in handy when we needed it

Halloween Party-We were very excited about this as we have never done it. Unfortunateyl it POURED starting at about 7:40 and up past 10:00. I heard they did the 10:00 parade but we missed it. We were SOAKING WET, so I made a choice, we can stay and have fun or go back to the hotel and do nothing (since it was pouring, thundering and lightening) we stayed until about 11:00 and rode everything with no waits. We saw SOME of the fireworks-we were on the indy cars at the time-We got very little candy, and nothing "good". When we were leaving they were handing out cards to come back for another visit anytime during the next year. We used those later in our trip since we didn't have the park hopper option. Was the party worth it? In my opinion no, but only becaus eof hte rain. I wish we could try it again, but there were no others scheduled during our trip.
Hotels: One night at CSR then moving to POP (the kids favorite)
Thanks to Buzz I was determined to stay at CSR. Because I wanted one day of "down time" I figured CSR would be wonderful choice because of the pool and surroundings. We arrived at CSR before 11:00 a.m. and there was no one waiting to check in :yay: I requested the Cabana 8 (I think) and was disappoitned when I was told that we were in Cabana 9A (I think). The room number was 9100, corner room TWO WINDOWS:banana: , First Floor. Short walk from main building. BUT the minute I opened the door PHEW!! Smoking Room!! Yuck.. If we had been staying any longer I would have requested another room. Room was clean, all for one things, which I can't remember. Plenty of towels and bedding.

We did get to use the internal golf carts and the Pepper Market (we weren't on the dinning for the first day). we werent crazy about the Peper Market set up and always got our food to go. You did get a lot, but I thought the prices were a little high. They were also out of the regular size mugs. The CM told me that the store MIGHT sell them, but that we weren't supposed to fill them in the Pepper market????

Pool was wonderful and check out was quick and easy.

POP: We got there early-about 9:30 to check in and get our tickets. We had requested a room in the '70's and all that was ready at the time was 3rd floor. Very nice CM gave us the option of waiting until after 2:30 and getting 1st floor, two different locations. We chose to wait. When we returned our room was ready, it was past the Mickey Phone, very last room, but no corner windows,,, Room was clean and neat, except for the toothpaste on the bathroom mirror. We called for extra towels and blankets and quickly got a huge bag of them!!! We also had a towel animal on the first day, but that was it. Food court was usually busy, but managable.
Pool-Only went a few times and normally later at night. I happened to be at the laundry the night of the halloween party drying our sneakers and noticed that the place was EMPTY (about 1:00 a.m.) So I guess the prior posts of louid, rude kids wasn't happening today.

Overall although we love the pop I don't think we could stay there again based on the size of the room, plus just the one night in a mod spoiled me!!!

Dining: Free!! ADR's include Prime Time Cafe-1st time there, O'hana's for breakfast, a tradition, Garden Grill-First time there-O'Hana's Dinner-1st time

Garden Grille-Arrived slightly before our ADR and were seated immediately. Resturant was pretty empty. We were seated on the lower level in a large booth. Waiter seemed a little frazzled which couldn't understand because the place was half empty. Our first plate of food was blah, uncooked carrots and just looked "old" The second plate was delish.

O'Hana's for Breakfast-Better than before, we've never gotten the juice or fruit in our past visits!! Photo came out ahh, but we needed to buy it for our collection

Prime Time- me and ds2 and ds8 went to check in while dd10 and dh rode something. Our table was raedy, but the waitress wasn't happy that we weren't ready to order and "suggested" that we wait for them in the lobby and then be re-seated. I did that based on her little "tude" I waited and Topher was our waiter. Service was good, food was good. DH got the onion rings and meatloaf. I got the shrimp cocktail and fried chicken. I don't remember what the kids had, but everyone thought the food was good.

One odd thing, there was a manager of some sort who kept just watching Topher and it made me and possibly the waiter uncomfortable. He was just writing things down in his book, um.

O'Hana's for Dinner-We had made this ressie, but travel agent lost it and was unable to get another one. We even asked at the concierge at both CSR and POP with no luck. We decided to just try our luck one night and get there about 4:30 when they opened for dinner at 5:00. there was a looong line at the check-in and nobody seemed to be manning the counter. Eventually (10 minutes) and I was at hte front of the line. They gave me a pager and said it would be 10 minutes. I went with ds2 to wait in the lobby, when I noticed IT..... People sitting in the lobby, crushed together, eating dinner. From prior threads I knew what food to expect and there it was, on the little lobby tables, people crushed together eating:eek: No, no, it couldn't be. I could not imagine eating like that!! Luckily it wasn't for us and we were quickly seated. Let me tell you the food came out so quickly that within minutes our large table was overflowing. Funny story, the cousin was sat us was quick to point out he WOULD NOT BE OUR WAITER, then he took our drinks, then he began serving us food, then he brought us the check, not our waiter? Hum

We had a great time, the weather was very warm to hot, but crowds, although appeared large, we never had a wait and hardly used the GAC card. I don't think we'd go again in September, even if they did offer free dining, BUT MAYBE WE COULD SWING A SHORT TRIP IN JANUARY???:hippie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter