My Final Rewards Tally For Our Trip

dmslush

<font color="navy">If you don't let your dog poop
I'm pretty much done with the rewards for our trip. I don't think I will be able to get enough points anywhere to cash out again and receive it before we leave, so here is my final tally. There have been 4 of us working a little over a year for the trip, only 3 of us are going.

With Webcertficates and cash from freeride, blink, suzykats, mypoints, searchcactus, netflip, and various surveys we got:
3 parkhopper plus passes = $750
Paid on all stars ressie = $378 (this is paid off, we now are starting on paying off the AKL part)
Various disney items from gifts of a lifetime and ebay = $250
1 Cirque Du Soleil = $72
Disney Club Memebership = $39 (I think this was 39 but it has been a while since we ordered it. Also, this has saved us over $300 in discount ressies, so IMO it is worth the money.)

Greenpoints
$85 Burger King for the drive down and back

Etour
$125 Pizza Hut

Beenz & Suzykats
$329 Disney Dollars

Milesource & My Points
$300 Rain Forest Cafe
$50 Planet Hollywood
$70 Olive Garden
$50 Ghirardelli
$50 Bath and Body Works (shhh, don't tell anyone LOL!)
$100 Gas Cards

Erewards and Nestle Rebate
15 thirty minute calling cards
2 twenty minute calling cards

I also have a $5 Domino's Pizza gc that for the life of me I don't know where it came from:p And I have a $10 Hard Rock gc

So that brings our total too:
$2663!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

The best part of all of this is, even while doing all of these programs, getting all of this stuff in the mail, we have been able to keep the trip a secret from our 9 year old daughter. It is her 10th birthday present. I honestly never thought that we would all be able to keep it a secret for this long, but by golly we have done it!!

Very nice! It doesn't seem like much as you are doing it but it suredoes add up!

FANTASTIC

That is absolutely wonderful!!! You'll have a great trip and it will be especially sweet knowing that you did most of it using rewards!!!

That is AWESOME!!! You are quite an inspiration my friend - you go girl!! YIPPEE!! I'm so proud of you, it's just wonderful!! So, can I be the 4th person now since there are only 3 of you going???

Have a wonderful trip, then come home and get started again!:pinkbounc

Oh, I really miss Freeride!!

That's a whole lot of clickin', my friend!!!

Congratulations and enjoy surprising your daughter. What a tenth birthday that will be!

You won't forget about us once you get home, will you?:(

Talk about an inspiring story!!!!!!!! That's FANTASTIC! After all that clickin', you'll need a vacation!! Congrats! :D :D

That is definitely an inspiration to keep working at this - I've only been doing it for a month - can you be a little more specific on how you accumulated some of those points? Did you purchase a lot on the web?Any additional info you can give me would be great!

How WONDERFUL !!!! Clickin' for a disney trip is the best clickin' there is ! Have a GREAT, GREAT time ! laura

Thanks! I had to wait until my daughter went to bed before I could come back to this thread, LOL, I'd hate for her to slip and read all of this over my shoulder LOL.

jabrown40,
I really can't think of anything that I purchased for points. When we first started clicking for the trip, the rewards programs were booming. With the magic bus at freeride, you could cash out for a $10 webcertificate every 4 days. With 4 of us in the house doing it, that was over $40 a week. Beenz were everywhere, so that helped a lot with the disney dollars. Also, mypoints, used to they had tons of weekly points, it was easy to get a gas card in a month with them. With milesource, we got some points when powerdime closed and they let us have our powerdime account with them and then our regular account too. If you clicked all of the links in clickfix you would get a 25 point bonus each day. For a while, with my referals I was getting 150 points a day there.

Another thing, the redemption levels were much lower then. When the programs started slowing down, all of the companies raised the amount needed to cash out.

All I can say is WOW! That is so terrific :)

Man, I was going to post my trip totals before I left, but they are measly compared to yours-lol! But at least I got some free stuff-lol!

Congrats on all your hard work :)

Welovedis,

Please do post your totals. No matter the amount, it is a good motivater for all of us!!

What a great job! Congratulations! :)

That is really wonderful.......and inspirational. Thanks for sharing.

WOW!!! Dana, I am truly inspired! Even my DH was impressed! He's usually a little cynical about it when I prod him into doing rewards, so it was fun to show him how they could add up! :D Hope you have a great trip! :sunny: Time to start working towards the next one. ;)

Wow!! Seems to have worked for you!!!

Which program do you think was the easiest or best?

Wow,
I was just going to post and ask about how much could my wife and I get rewarded for? I am assuming if it was just the two of us and the rewards have slowed we'd be closer to $400 each? Does that seem reasonable?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter