My feet are burnin' like a coal of fire!

I use a combination of what others have mentioned. I wear good supportive shoes and switch off every day. I always take at least 3 pair of shoes to rotate through. Each evening (or whenever we return to our room) I roll a tennis ball under each foot for a few minutes. I end the day by rubbing Dr. Scholl's Peppermint Foot lotion into each foot. Personally, I think the most important thing is to change footwear daily. I even do that when I'm not at Disney. I rarely wear the same shoes 2 days in a row.

Wouldn't Disney make a mint by providing foot massages? I don't mean just at the spas, but at the parks too. Problem would be paying the CMs. There are just some things people won't do for $8 an hour.;)

If we go back to room for any reason, will change shoes, never wear same ones 2 days in a row. If not going back to room, just sit a while and relax.

One suggestion I have for after the damage is already done is to fill the tub in the room with cold water and soak your feet for a while.

I find that being pampered by a very young, attractive and attentive attendant works wonders. Maybe that's just me. :confused3 I did find DVCconvert's suggestion interesting though... just one question: Do you hose off the feet with the extinguisher first and then soak 'em in the beer or vice versa... just wonderin'... :rolleyes1

beerl.jpg

Cooling or mint foot lotion is always good, particularly if you take the time to get/give yourself a massage while you rub it in. I think if you have foot issues you should be wearing supportive shoes no matter what, so obviously you should be wearing them at Disney as well. I discovered that if you are lucky enough to have a villa that has the Jacuzzi tub, putting your feet over the jets provides a great massage at the end of the day. I'm short, so I could lay in the tub and put my feet right over the jets, it was something of a godsend. Also if you have room, throw a tennis ball in your suitcase. It makes for a great foot massager. You can just put in the floor and move your foot over it. It'll fit right into the arch of your foot and feels great. If you go for anything like using ice or water on your feet while in the parks, make sure you completely dry your feet before putting your socks and shoes back on.

Crawling into bed at WDW and having that bone aching pain in your feet is the worst! Last week when we were there, I brought Tylenol Precise cream. We rubbed that all over our calf muscles and our feet and took an Advil before we went to bed. It really helped! I also vote for sitting poolside and soaking them for 10-15 minutes. That does wonders, especially if the water is cold.

Another vote for peppermint lotion! I love Burt's Bees & they sell it at Walmart, Target, etc so easy to get my hands on. :)

I usually do two things. Normally I wear sneakers but by the end of the night my feet are on fire, so I will carry a pair of flip flops in my backpack and switch them for the trek back to the hotel. When we arrive back at the hotel the kids and I make a "bath tub pool party" - fill the tub with cold water and sit on the edge adn stick our feet in. Sometimes we'll toss in ice. It's amazing.

Wouldn't Disney make a mint by providing foot massages? I don't mean just at the spas, but at the parks too. Problem would be paying the CMs. There are just some things people won't do for $8 an hour.;)

And I totally agree. They should have someone at each hotel going around the pools doing reflexology. $10 for 15 min? I'd pay that.

That's how my grandmother announces to the world that she needs a time out for her feet. :rotfl:

I know most of us have had this happen at WDW - what is your trick to soothe those aching tootsies after a hard day of touring?

I like to use baby wipes on my feet, then massage on peppermint foot lotion. A change of socks and shoes helps, too!

Moisture wicking socks with arch support built in (Target sells them) and shoes with ventilation. My current sneakers are Nike Trail and they've got the meshy stuff on the toes that lets air.

I have worn sandals and docksiders because they "look better" but always end up with sore feet at the end of the day, so now it is sneakers for me when going thru the parks and then I change shoes at night before going out to dinner or for shorter periods in the park. I do agree with others that you should "train" to get prepared for your Disney trip, walking after dinner each night for 30 mins is a good way to get ready.

As far as those sore feet when at WDW, we are fortunate to be OKW DVC members, we soak our feet in the jacuzzi tub each night after rubbing some soothing lotion on them (not sure what it is, wife packs that stuff !! )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter