My FastPass+ windows opens at midnight tonight

lllGurulll

On hiatus from the World
Any last minute words of wisdom from the masses? I'm really nervous about this as I am an old school legacy FastPass pro and not looking forward to this new experience at all.

EDIT

When will the FastPass online reservation system let me in to look around? So far I only see me and it doesn't even show that I have tickets yet even though we do have them on the DME account reservation.

Last edited:
My advise - be flexible. As long as the FP works with the reservation times that you have, you should be able to get what you want. Good Luck.

Fortunately, we only have AM reservations on non EMH days so we don't have to work around those thankfully.

MK is open until 1am tonight. So your window will open at 1 not midnight. I made ours Sunday (Monday technically) right at 1 and had no problems getting everything we wanted.

Any last minute words of wisdom from the masses? I'm really nervous about this as I am an old school legacy FastPass pro and not looking forward to this new experience at all.

EDIT

When will the FastPass online reservation system let me in to look around? So far I only see me and it doesn't even show that I have tickets yet even though we do have them on the DME account reservation.

It sounds like your tickets are part of a package, so you won't be able to access the system until your booking window opens (which will be at 1:00 am eastern, not midnight.

It's easy, assuming you already know what you want. If you want to get more familiar with the process, watch some youtube videos.

I made mine at 1 a.m. (midnight my time) this morning. I got everything I wanted pretty easily, so hopefully you will too! I ended up with 7DMT on three different days. Anna & Elsa meets were available on all our MK days except the first one. I almost made at FP, just because I was so excited to see it as an option, but my kids said they didn't care about meeting them.

I do have a tip, if you haven't done the advance FP booking before. You'll pick the park and date, then all three FP attractions. You do not pick times individually for each FP. It gives you a few options for times. Don't agonize over those options if none are just right, just pick one (or maybe focus on the one with the closest time for your highest priority FP). The next screen allows you to "modify FP." At that point, you can either change one of the attractions, or change the time of each individually.

It might take a bit of juggling, since times can't overlap. So if want Splash at 1-2 p.m., but you already have ETWB from 12:40-1:40, you would first have to move ETWB earlier or later. Then you'll be able to see if Splash is available at that 1-2 time slot. It's a bit time-consuming, but I didn't have any trouble getting everything within 20 minutes of where I wanted it. It took me just under an hour to book 10 days' worth of FPs. Good luck!

Should I be trying to get my FPs as early as possible or should I take advantage of the low morning crowds and short lines. Save my FPs for closer to noon after lunch. I know this would hamper the possibility of 4th and 5th FPs.

What say you all?

I made mine at 1 a.m. (midnight my time) this morning. I got everything I wanted pretty easily, so hopefully you will too! I ended up with 7DMT on three different days. Anna & Elsa meets were available on all our MK days except the first one. I almost made at FP, just because I was so excited to see it as an option, but my kids said they didn't care about meeting them.

I do have a tip, if you haven't done the advance FP booking before. You'll pick the park and date, then all three FP attractions. You do not pick times individually for each FP. It gives you a few options for times. Don't agonize over those options if none are just right, just pick one (or maybe focus on the one with the closest time for your highest priority FP). The next screen allows you to "modify FP." At that point, you can either change one of the attractions, or change the time of each individually.

It might take a bit of juggling, since times can't overlap. So if want Splash at 1-2 p.m., but you already have ETWB from 12:40-1:40, you would first have to move ETWB earlier or later. Then you'll be able to see if Splash is available at that 1-2 time slot. It's a bit time-consuming, but I didn't have any trouble getting everything within 20 minutes of where I wanted it. It took me just under an hour to book 10 days' worth of FPs. Good luck!
Great information. Thanks. I hoping this is pretty seamless.

We had great success last week getting our FP+ for the middle of the day or evening and getting to the parks early to do stand by. I was glad I hadn't used a FP+ in the early morning for rides where we were walking on or waiting just as long as the FP+ people. Good luck!!

Should I be trying to get my FPs as early as possible or should I take advantage of the low morning crowds and short lines. Save my FPs for closer to noon after lunch. I know this would hamper the possibility of 4th and 5th FPs.

What say you all?

I stressed a lot about that too! Because the crowds are going to be pretty high then, I figured I couldn't count on getting a "good" 4th FP. I did a couple morning FPs at Epcot, because I didn't want to criss-cross between FW and WS in the afternoon. I chose late morning/early afternoon times at AK, because we're doing rope drop until probably 3-ish.

But for the most part, I made FPs for early evening. We will take advantage of RD, then take a break after lunch, and use FPs when we return to a park around dinnertime. Most of our other trips have been Jan/Feb with lower crowds, cooler temps, and shorter hours, so this is a new strategy for us. I'm hoping it works out for us!

What say you all?
I had no problems getting 4th and 5th FP in AK or MK
I booked all my FP+ prior to 12noon. On my first MK day we had a total of 7

We had great success last week getting our FP+ for the middle of the day or evening and getting to the parks early to do stand by. I was glad I hadn't used a FP+ in the early morning for rides where we were walking on or waiting just as long as the FP+ people. Good luck!!
Even with our morning ones, we would enter the queue for standby and change our selected FP to something else if it was a walk on ride.

I had no problems getting 4th and 5th FP in AK or MK
I booked all my FP+ prior to 12noon. On my first MK day we had a total of 7

That is awesome! I love hearing positive comments about FP+. When were you there? Wondering about the crowd levels... I'm not expecting 7 when crowd level is a 9 in June, but it's still encouraging!

Many of the questions in this thread are addressed in the two links in my signature.

That is awesome! I love hearing positive comments about FP+. When were you there? Wondering about the crowd levels... I'm not expecting 7 when crowd level is a 9 in June, but it's still encouraging!
We were there for 10 days in October. 10/26 ; I apologize - we had 6 that day.
Mermaid
ETWB
7DMT
PP
BTMR
Buzz

Many of the questions in this thread are addressed in the two links in my signature.

I've read those links, and they were EXTREMELY helpful! Thank you for sharing your expertise. :-) I especially appreciated the lists prioritizing FP+ attractions.

I guess I'm still a little worried about how a great plan (in theory) will play out in our real-life vacation, especially because our touring style will probably be much different than on past trips. That will probably make me second-guess my plans, right up until the end of our trip! But I need something to obsess about until it's time to start packing, lol.

Depending on your party size, you likely won't have headliner options for your 4th and subsequent FP+s regardless of whether you finish your first 3 at noon or 3:00. Your options are going to be high capacity and/or 2nd tier attractions like Mermaid, Magic Carpets (which generally have short SB waits all day anyway), IASW, Buzz, Dumbo, etc. We're going at the same time as you, and based on our experience in December, I'm going to book our FP+s for the afternoon and consider any extras to be unexpected bonuses. I figure if my expectations are low, I won't be disappointed like I was in December.

I've been all over both links. Just wanted to get some other ideas as well. More or less, I'm trying to determine if I should get my FPs in the morning or just do them in the afternoon when lines are at their worst.

I would say get them late-morning/early afternoon. We had 9:15-10:15 FPs for Splash Mountain last May and didn't even need them. Rode the first time without them, then rode again immediately after with them.

We'll be there about a week and a half after you, and I plan on trying to get one for around 10:00 am on most days, and none later than 3:00 pm. We'll see how that goes :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter